fvryan

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2014 05:23 pm
After an unpleasant year dealing with our HOA neighbors, which included lawyers and mediation, they persist in overt hostility in our interactions. Not terribly unexpected, however the silent treatment feels slightly juvenile given that we need to continue to work together as the owners of a common building. Even the children do not recognize any greeting - giving only a flat-faced, fish-eyed "I don't see you" look to a generic greeting. Do I continue to provide a polite greeting whenever I run into the family (knowing that I will only get the flat-faced, fish-eyed "I don't see you" look in return) or do I reciprocate in kind - pretend they are not there when we are in the same "common" area? Do adults use a "silent treatment " strategy? - reminds me of 3rd grade.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,207 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2014 05:41 pm
@fvryan,
It's already gone to lawyers – I fail to see what you're expecting to happen. The time for cordiality is long past.

PS For those who don't know (I had to look this up), HOA = homeowners' association.
Ragman

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2014 06:43 pm
@jespah,
wait, wait....aren't hoas like prostitutes or sumpin'?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2014 09:57 pm
@fvryan,
Do you really want to LIVE like this? What stress!

You should have sold long before it even got to the lawyers.

"Ya gotta know when to fold em" as the song says.
0 Replies