Child abduction victim found after 18 years in captivity

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 03:51 am
This is an incredible development in a very old child abduction case.

Sheriff: Kidnap victim, children kept in backyard compound

EXCERPT from article:

Quote:
CNN) -- An 11-year-old California girl snatched from the street in front of her house in 1991 had two children with the man accused of taking her and was forced along with the children to live in backyard sheds, police said Thursday.

"From what they have both said, he fathered both of those children with Jaycee [Dugard]," El Dorado County Undersheriff Fred Kollar told reporters.

The girls, now 11 and 15, had been living with their mother, now 29, in a series of sheds behind Garrido's house in Antioch, California, until they were discovered on Wednesday, Kollar said.

"None of the children had ever gone to school, they had never been to a doctor, they were kept in complete isolation in this compound, if you will, at the rear of the house," he said. "They were born there."

No doubt her family is relieved to have their daughter back, but are probably reeling in agony contemplating the hell that she and the children she bore have been through for nearly two decades.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 22 • Views: 19,078 • Replies: 253

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 04:50 am
@Debra Law,
The weirdness and the sadness about this girl's (and now her children's) lives just have gotta hit ya like a brick on the head. The couple who abducted Jaycee in front of her step father had this hidden compound in which the girls all lived. People sometimes scare the **** out of me. You have to protect your family from these kinds of animals.

Was Jaycee raped by the guy ? Did his wife play an active role? Im always amazed at how the kidnappers used a mothers instincts to keep her a prisoner. (I believe that he impregnated Jaycee when she was 15 , in order to force her to abandon any hopes of escape because she was caring for a baby.)

Of course that is just my theory and Im probably all wet.
dlowan

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 04:58 am
@farmerman,
Heard about it going home from work.

Made me cry.

I wish them so well, but oh the horror.

I think I am hardened, but for crissake, this is unspeakable.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 05:15 am
Whenever I hear things like this I wonder how many other victims have yet to found. I wonder how many people in the past were similarly abused and no one ever rescued them. I just cannot understand the type of mental illness that would propel someone to this cruel and delusional behavior or how the victims can go on to lead anything we would consider a normal life.
farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 05:26 am
@Green Witch,
The kids of JAycee have never attended school and Jaycees own socialization essentially stopped when she was 11. REally saad. Can we call David in to adminster some punishment?
Green Witch

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 05:38 am
My idea of justice would be for someone with a magic wand to wave it at the perpetrator and have him suddenly develop a conscience so he would see himself as the rest of us see him. David would just shoot him in the head and then go make a sandwich.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 07:40 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
David would just shoot him in the head and then go make a sandwich.

David would have to get in line.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 08:08 am
@DrewDad,
What really bothers me is that this guy had a history. We need a system that checks up on people like him for their entire lives. Pedophiles tend to repeat their crime over and over if given the chance. The other unforgivable thing is he had a partner in all this in the form of his wife. Two sick morons sharing the same mortality is far more scary than one.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 08:37 am
Unbelievable.

That this monster would call the story "heart-warming" just sends shivers down my spine.
sozobe

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 09:59 am
@boomerang,
Just devastating detail after devastating detail. Just read this one:

Quote:
Dugard's stepfather, who witnessed her abduction and was a longtime suspect in the case, said he was overwhelmed by the news after doing everything he could to help find her.

"It broke my marriage up. I've gone through hell, I mean I'm a suspect up until yesterday," a tearful Probyn, 60, told The Associated Press at his home in Orange, Calif.
mac11

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 10:19 am
I don't cry at the news much, but this one really got to me.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 10:25 am
@sozobe,
I listened to his explanation of how his being named a "person of interest" had just broken the marriage and his ex wife just melted down and didnt know what to believe. I can actually see how this transpired
dyslexia

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 10:28 am
@farmerman,
yeah FM that kinda stress could break anyone.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 10:30 am
Woman 'doing well' after 18-year kidnapping

wonder how this guy feels today

The Garridos had been living on a property in Antioch, Calif., a city about 275 kilometres away from the South Lake Tahoe home where Dugard was snatched.

Neighbour Diane Doty said she could often hear children playing in the Garridos' backyard, and she thought their children might have been living outside in tents. But she said her husband advised her not to get too nosy with the Garridos.

"I asked my husband, 'Why is he living in tents?'" she said. "And he said, 'Maybe that is how they like to live.'"
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 10:57 am
The most creepy part is this perp saying that once we find out how reformed he is we will find this story to be heart warming. I had to read that part twice. True enough that this guy wanted to be caught, that he went to some work in order to be caught, but I would have been more impressed if he had walked into a police station with the three captives.....years ago.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 12:00 pm
@Debra Law,
The depth of human weirdness (such as the abductors in this case) is almost unfathomable until it hits you in the face (with stories like this).
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 12:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
The most creepy part is this perp saying that once we find out how reformed he is we will find this story to be heart warming.

I read that too. And it never ceases to amaze me just how twisted the human mind can get (and be).
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 12:09 pm
I have been following the story too. All I can do is echo the sentiments already expressed.
boomerang

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 12:35 pm
Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that this guy is surprised that he's in trouble? From his comments it sounds like he thought he everyone would be proud of him. Can anyone get more narcissitic than that?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 12:47 pm
News of Jaycee Lee Dugard's story sparks online activity around the world

Quote:
Phillip Craig Garrido, the man accused of kidnapping 11-year-old Jaycee Lee Dugard, had a blog with Bible quotes and claims of speaking in strange voices at http://voicesrevealed.blogspot.com.

Numerous people discovered it Thursday and vented angry and often violent feelings in comments to the blog.

The latest blog post, from Aug. 14, said, “The Creator has given me the ability to speak in the tongue of angels in order to provide a wake-up call that will in time include the salvation of the entire world.”

Someone unaffiliated with Dugard or law enforcement created a MySpace page at www.myspace.com/jayceedugard as far back as last year, with information on the case, photos and a video. All of the “friends” were other missing persons.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Child abduction victim found after 18 years in captivity
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 04:17:04