Child abduction victim found after 18 years in captivity

Setanta

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 03:31 pm
@aidan,
Quote:
. . . the obsessive vendetta that several people have made it their business to conduct.

You're hilarious . . . several people are out to get you, huh? You're a legend in your own mind.
Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 03:39 pm
@Setanta,
You just finished saying that you started calling her a liar because of Francis who is "on his/her trail", and ehbeth has added support (but not evidence) for that accusation a few times too. That is several people.
aidan

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 03:41 pm
@Setanta,
Well, three is more than a couple. Don't want to be imprecise or anything - I may be called a liar for saying a couple when truly I meant three.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 03:45 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert - don't worry about it. I'm used to it. I'm going over to the best song on the commute thread - I heard a really great one on my daughter's (DOB 5/4/92 Chicago- adopted: black birthmother, unknown birthfather father- white adoptive mother/black adoptive father) ipod on my way home from Weston-Super-Mare tonight.

Reminded me of when I was teaching in Chapel Hill -:
I'll put it here too:
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 04:06 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
The reason i discovered that Aidan is probably a compulsive liar, by the way, was that Francis pointed it out. He's been on his/her trail a lot longer and a good deal more consistently than i have.

Quote:
You're hilarious . . . several people are out to get you, huh? You're a legend in your own mind.

Okay- what? On my trail? This is a little scarier and more obsessive than I thought it was.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 05:22 pm
@aidan,
Quote:
Moved to Philadelphia Pa (for husband to attend medical School) 1986
(Taught in Riverside New Jersey public schools)

I forgot - from 1986-1987 I worked for a research project called IHDP (Infant Health and Development Program) that was a joint project developed by the University of Pennsylvania and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill which followed the health and development of infants who were born prematurely - we implemented early interventions and taught the parents (many of whom were minority single moms) the intervention strategies to do at home in hopes of raising the babies' iqs. By the end of the project, it was found that the intervention was successful in effecting a substantial increase in the functioning of the children who were a part of the program when compared to children who had been born prematurely who were not enrolled in the program.

So I didn't start my job at Riverside High School until 1987. Sorry to be misleading in any way.

In other words - blow it out your asses- (I grew up in NJ - here's proof-what can I say....)
aidan

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 05:53 pm
@aidan,
Here's more proof:
Assistantship - awarded for academic merit - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - supervisor - David Lilly
Principal - Glenwood Elementary School - Chapel Hill, North Carolina - Annie Peagram
Supervisor - IHDP - Joanne Crooms
Principal - Riverside High School - Stanley Kotzen
Supervisor - Project PEDS - Waterville Maine - Liz Keach
Supervisor - Maine Adoption Placement Service, Bangor Maine - Cheryl Houston
Principal - East Chapel Hill High School - Chapel Hill, North Carolina - David Thaden
homeowner of garden I worked in , owner of candy shop and jewelry shop - private citizens - I will not name
Supervisor - Strode College prison education - Barry Preece

I hope this brings an end to this harrassment. If not - I don't know what to tell you except to have fun and continue feeling like honest citizens who promote good will wherever they go.
Debra Law

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 05:56 pm
aidan: this thread isn't about you.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 05:59 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:
Here's more proof:

Those are claims or representations; they are not proof of any sort.

I don't really care, except that information theory interests me.
aidan

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 06:00 pm
@Debra Law,
It wasn't - but several - three - people turned it that way.
I'm more than happy for it to go back to being what it should be about.
But I'm tired of having my reputation abused.

0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 06:10 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
Those are claims or representations; they are not proof of any sort.

I'm just helping them follow the trail.
Look at my dates - match them up with the institutions. Check out who were the supervisors . Call them - ask them if they had an employee named Rebecca.
Go ahead -I'm giving them every single little crumb they need to follow their trail.
This sickness needs to stop.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 07:08 pm
@aidan,
Aidan, you could be nearly anyone.

http://personal.uncc.edu/jvanoate/k9/DogInternet_075.gif
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 10:29 pm
@aidan,
ehBeth wrote:
Quote:
crazy isn't it
one odd little dude

aidan wrote:
Quote:
David - please tell your friend I'm not a dude.

Maybe she was referring to Setanta ?

Anyway: Rebecca is not a dude.
In Witness whereof,
I hereto set my hand:

David
Francis

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 12:44 am
Robert wrote:
You just finished saying that you started calling her a liar because of Francis who is "on his/her trail", and ehbeth has added support (but not evidence) for that accusation a few times too. That is several people.

It needs to be pointed out that I never called anyone a liar.

At most, I implied that some had embellished the reality.

I'm not on Aidan's trail and I even play with her in some threads.

But time to time I get upset by her propensity to tell a story adapted to the topic in discussion.

Pretending that she would fight to death a kidnapper at the age of eleven, in unknown circumstances, is one of these cases.

However, it doesn't apply particularly to Aidan but also to some individuals who act in such ways.

But the need Aidan has to justify her positions is another matter..

As Debra Law wrote:
aidan: this thread isn't about you.
aidan

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 01:05 am
@Francis,
Quote:
But time to time I get upset by her propensity to tell a story adapted to the topic in discussion.

I'm sorry, but I thought that was the point of having thread titles.
A participant reads the title of the thread and then decides if they have anything interesting (even if it is only interesting to them) to relate or add on that topic, and then they do.

Yes, Francis - I almost always will have a story to tell or information to add on a thread in which the topic is children and their physical and emotional health, education, physical and psychological development. I'm also interested in any area of psychology that effects adults.
I'm also interested in religion, language, music, poetry, some art, photography, nature, movies, comedy...you name it.

I'm sorry you don't approve of the way I participate on this forum. But I will not be cowed into stopping my participation or changing the way I do it.

I rarely point fingers or accuse anyone of anything - but I disapprove of the way that several of you have 'been on my trail' or have been dogging me (as we would say in North Carolina) determined to find something - what I don't know.

I have no secrets to hide. You will never find me out in anything- because I do and am exactly what I say I do and am. I don't know what you're looking for. Yes, I have moved around a lot and had a lot of jobs - always in the same basic area of education and social services though.

If I don't know something about a subject -I don't pretend I do. Either I ask questions to gain information or I don't participate. And there are many more threads in which I don't participate than those that I do.

If you don't like me - leave me alone. Simple as that.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 01:07 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
ehBeth wrote:
Quote:

crazy isn't it
one odd little dude

Quote:
aidan wrote:
Quote:

David - please tell your friend I'm not a dude.

Maybe she was referring to Setanta ?

Anyway: Rebecca is not a dude.
In Witness whereof,
I hereto set my hand:

David

Thank you David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 01:13 am
@Francis,
Francis wrote:

Robert wrote:

It needs to be pointed out that I never called anyone a liar.

At most, I implied that some had embellished the reality.

I'm not on Aidan's trail and I even play with her in some threads.

Pretending that she would fight to death a kidnapper at the age of eleven, in unknown circumstances, is one of these cases.

Francis, it is very paradigmatic that when people
engage in discussions in person, face-to-face, or on-line,
thay tell one another how thay relate to the subject matter
of the disscussion, and thay ofen give examples in support
of their points of vu drawn from personal experience.
I know that I certainly do.
U r in error to suggest that this is in any way unusual.

Additionally, Rebecca did not say what u attributed to her,
to wit: she did not say that she 'd "fight to the death a kidnapper"
as u put it. She said only that she believes that she 'd have screamed a lot.

If u wanted to dispute defensive FIGHTING at age 11,
then u shoud have challenged ME, because I said that I 'd have SHOT him, if I coud line up the shot,
which I am 100% confident that I 'd have done (reflexively) in those circumstances.

David
Francis

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 01:30 am
Aidan wrote:
If you don't like me - leave me alone

It's not a matter of liking someone or not. It's a behavior that I disapprove...

But there's lots of behaviors I disapprove, so why yours?

Because you are sufficiently skilled to mislead people.

Some other people do not have that faculty.

For example, David who posts above, is totally predictable in his twisted ways.

No wonder you're friends!
Francis

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 01:34 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I've no doubt that a guns nut like yourself would certainly do.

But I'd like to see what would your reaction be, unarmed, in front of an armed adult, at age of eleven..

Boasting, sitting in your couch, is so easy..
aidan

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 01:56 am
@Francis,
Quote:
Because you are sufficiently skilled to mislead people.

Mislead people how? Into believing that as a terrified eleven year old girl I wouldn't have the presence of mind to stop screaming and would probably have gotten myself strangled (as it is emerging this guy has probably done to other females)?

That's all I said Francis. I didn't claim to be the victim of any abuse. In fact I emphatically and unequivocally stated that I have NEVER been the victim of ANY sort of abuse.
How does one translate that into- 'Oh - now Aidan has experience with being kidnapped and sexually abused'?

I don't get it.

And David is a very interesting, kind and knowledgeable fellow. I did not find him twisted - despite the fact that I have doubts and reservations about some of his views.
But so be it - in my world- my friends are allowed to think differently than I do. In fact, oftentimes- that makes it more interesting.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:04:23