Child abduction victim found after 18 years in captivity

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 07:32 am
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

Quote:
It's all just too much of a stretch of credulity that his member seems so often to have had experience which would seem to lend authority to his/her statements.

I also spoke on that immigration thread to the fact that I am an immigrant myself.
Whether you choose to believe me or not - the fact of the matter is that I am an immigrant.
I can talk about whatever I please. Your acceptance or belief about what I say is not an issue with me.
I do not like having my character defamed however.
With all respect, Rebecca, whoever engages in discussion with Setanta
inevitably will be defamed with endlessly redundant repetition.
I don 't believe that he is able to restrain himself from so doing.
He acts like he is suffering from Tourette's syndrome
and there is no end to the flagrant sadism
that he chronicly inflicts upon everyone in the forum.
Civility is alien to his nature.

Over the years, his posts have demonstrated
that his interest in the subject matter of a thread
is secondary to his persistent yearning to lash out against everyone.
He earnestly wishes to cast a blight
upon the emotional well being of anyone within reach.
His purpose on this forum is to express malice.
(If u r going to converse with him, u need to understand this.)

That was my reason for putting him on Ignore.
It was either that or hold him to account for his abuses,
verbally kicking him in the teeth every day, in the interests of justice.

David
aidan

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 07:36 am
@Setanta,
Setanta - I taught three days a week in a prison in Wiltshire England from 2006-2007. I did not volunteer. I was paid 21 pounds and 35 pence per hour.
That was my only paid job at that time - although I DID volunteer with a learning disabled woman going on social outings with her once a week.

Then- when I moved back to America in August 2007- I worked in a young offender's facility. Again - it was a paid job. This time it was a full-time job.
My teaching hours were Monday through Friday- 8:00 am to 5:00 - we had longer hours because the students were unable to return home - they were living at the facility (under court order).

The last time I worked at a public school was when I lived in Chapel Hill. I was paid. I've always been paid for my work. I need to be paid for my work so I can pay my bills.
Is that another new concept for you or something?

I've raised and continue to raise my children just fine. Lots of mothers work and raise their children...yet ANOTHER unfamiliar concept?

I don't know how to help you with these things...
And when I say I don't care if you believe me - the fact that you don't believe me is not defamation of my character. When you label me a liar - then it becomes defamation of my character.
Subtle difference I know - but there it is.
dyslexia

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 07:37 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
and yet, david, you do that so well Setanta cowers at the sight of your name.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 07:37 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

so, ummm, we're NOT supposed to lie about ourselves here

boy is my face Embarrassed

I enjoy your humor.
U serve us well to lighten the mood.

David
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 07:52 am
@aidan,
So, in fact, when you make claims about your experience working with immigrants, you cannot claim any authority on the issue of immigration in the United States, because you didn't work with incarcerated immigrants in the United States. Unless, of course, you are now going to claim that the juvenile offenders you worked with in the United States were there for immigration violations--which is highly implausible, and just stretches credulity further.

When you lie, people call you a liar, it's just how the language works. However, i have said that i believe that you are a compulsive liar, not that i know you to be one. Subtle difference I know - but there it is.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 08:45 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Quote:
and yet, david, you do that so well Setanta cowers at the sight of your name.
Yes. That 's a good point, Dys.
He "extended the olive branch" as he put it,
promising to be civil.

I accepted his proposal, with a vu toward tranquility on the forum,
but he dishonored his word.

Just from having observed his posts,
before I put him on Ignore and what others have exhibited from him in their quotes,
I am pretty sure that civility is not within his ability.

David
Setanta

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 08:47 am
@OmSigDAVID,
This is a flat lie. You did not honor the agreement, within a day you were once again slandering supporters of gun control legislation as cowards and "haters of freedom." I suppose you think that one should have inferred that this applied to all supporters of gun control legislation, except me. It is still a slur even if you don't specifically name people.

Hypocrite.

Liar.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 08:51 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

i have met set, and he's very civil, what he doesn't do is suffer fools (although i'm guessing he made an exception for me)
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 10:03 am
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

Quote:
Within the last year, this member has, in the context of a discussion in which they claim would have given him/her some authority, to have worked extensively with people who were incarcerated. In another discussion within the last year, this member has claimed in another context (once again, apparently to appear authoritative) to have worked extensively with immigrants. Challenged on that, his/her response was to the effect that the immigrants were incarcerated awaiting deportation.

It's all just too much of a stretch of credulity that his member seems so often to have had experience which would seem to lend authority to his/her statements.

Really? You can't fathom that someone with a teaching certificate and training in adult literacy and numeracy might work teaching in prison?
And that some people in prison might be there for visa and/or passport fraud and awaiting deportation?
I don't know how to help you understand how that could work if you can't do that yourself.

Quote:
In view of an earlier admission that he/she had lied about his/her gender
in order to see what reactions he/she would get, it stretches credulity to the breaking point.

oh my goodness - why spend so much of your time worrying about it?
U know, Rebecca,
from Mr. Setanta 's acrimonious rhetoric of denunciation,
exhibited in your nested quote, I surmise that he is jealous
of your success in life. U have made the point that u modestly live
your life, trying to help others and to offend no one,
but I infer from his quoted post, that envy moves Setanta to complain about u.

Setanta reminds me of another person
who appeared to have been similarly afflicted in his mind:
someone with whom I am familiar
amused children at a summer resort by throwing them coins (no nickels nor pennies),
falling in the grass, like an Easter Egg hunt,
including Morgan silver dollars from the 1800s
and scattering $10 gold pieces from the 1800s for the children.

This other fellow, of whom Setanta reminds me,
while watching the said distribution of coins stated to anyone within earshot:
"he 's just trying to make me look bad."

From knowing Setanta as well as it has been our misfortune to know him,
we can presume that if he had arrived on that day,
he 'd have (ego-centrically) alleged
that it was done to make Setanta look bad.

It appears that Mr. Setanta considers himself to be a loser in life
and he resents anyone who has not lost as badly as he deems himself to have failed.

Most likely, he bears this same resentment
against all posters on this forum, assuming that he is inferior to them all
(as per his demonstrated resentment of the authority achieved by yourself)
hence his ubiquitous ill will and his spiteful vilifications cast in all directions.

Will your use of reasoning, Rebecca, elevate him from the throes of mental incapacity ?
Good luck with that.

David
Setanta

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 10:04 am
Wonderful the civility which this clown uses in his speculation about me and my character.

Hypocrite.

Liar.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 10:12 am
There is an interesting article in "U.S. News and World Report" about the topic that spurred this diversion.

Quote:
Many people like to think they would be more objective in such a situation, and would have tried harder than Dugard to escape, but those kind of accusations are part of a persistent problem of blaming the victim, said New York trauma psychologist and author Elizabeth Carll. In truth, Stockholm syndrome appears to be relatively common among the few cases of long-term kidnapping that have been publicized.

Quote:
"Responding or fighting back may only cause the abuser to become even more abusive or stop taking care of them in a way that's needed for survival," Freyd said. "If you're in a situation where you're really empowered to say no, you generally will. But if they're your only source of support, you're going to be really stuck if you alienate them."

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 10:15 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

i have met set, and he's very civil, what he doesn't do is suffer fools
(although i'm guessing he made an exception for me)
I 'll take your word for it, as to how he acts face-to-face.

Maybe the negative reinforcement of having too many people punch him out in the real world,
has had a salubrious effect on his politeness there,
which he has not seen fit to bless us with on this forum.

David
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 10:19 am
Quote:
Maybe the negative reinforcement of having too many people punch him out in the real world, has had a salubrious effect on his politeness there,..

Maybe.
But maybe that people in real life don't exhibit the foolishness they exhibit here..
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 10:20 am
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

There is an interesting article in "U.S. News and World Report" about the topic that spurred this diversion.

Quote:
Many people like to think they would be more objective in such a situation, and would have tried harder than Dugard to escape, but those kind of accusations are part of a persistent problem of blaming the victim, said New York trauma psychologist and author Elizabeth Carll. In truth, Stockholm syndrome appears to be relatively common among the few cases of long-term kidnapping that have been publicized.

Quote:
"Responding or fighting back may only cause the abuser to become even more abusive or stop taking care of them in a way that's needed for survival," Freyd said. "If you're in a situation where you're really empowered to say no, you generally will. But if they're your only source of support, you're going to be really stuck if you alienate them."

Understood. This makes good sense,
but granting her right to remain with him if she chose to do so,
still, it 'd have been kind of her to call her mom
to say "Hi" since she was apparently using email and the telephone
in pursuit of her printing business.

Don 't u think ?

David
djjd62

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 10:24 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
it 'd have been kind of her to call her mom

Don 't u think ?

she may have been told repeatedly that her parents were dead

a good way to break down a young child would be constantly telling her that her parents were dead, they never cared for her, the reason they never came for her is because they were dead or simply didn't care

enough of that kind of talk along with other forms of physical and psychological abuse would take there toll eventually
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 10:24 am
@Francis,
Francis wrote:

Quote:
Maybe the negative reinforcement of having too many people punch him out in the real world, has had a salubrious effect on his politeness there,..

Maybe.
But maybe that people in real life don't exhibit the foolishness they exhibit here..
I don 't claim to be an expert on Setanta,
but he appears to be churlish toward EVERYONE.

Are we ALL fools ?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 10:28 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:
it 'd have been kind of her to call her mom

Don 't u think ?

she may have been told repeatedly that her parents were dead

a good way to break down a young child would be constantly telling her that her parents were dead,
they never cared for her, the reason they never came for her is because they were dead or simply didn't care

enough of that kind of talk along with other forms of physical and psychological abuse would take there toll eventually
With access to the telephone,
she coud call to verify that.
Dial 411 and ask.

0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 10:29 am
@djjd62,
David's imagination don't extend to that kind of practical details, which existence is alien to him.

David's logic only functions in a circumscript area..
Francis

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 10:33 am
David wrote:
but he appears to be churlish toward EVERYONE.

What appears to you are not facts to everyone.

I don't remember Setanta being churlish toward me, even though it may change some day...

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 10:33 am
@Francis,
Francis wrote:

David's imagination don't extend to that kind of practical details,
which existence is alien to him.

David's logic only functions in a circumscript area..
U r satisfied to hurl personal insults.
If u can justify your defamations, then please do it.

I predict that u will not even try.

Perhaps Francis will reveal what he 'd have done
if a kidnapper pounce on him ?

David
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 10:07:10