Child abduction victim found after 18 years in captivity

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 02:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
"paradise" does not work either. What is it with Americans, our need for thinking in black and white only, our extremism??

The truth here is more complicated than people generally want to admit or talk about.
Debra Law

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 02:09 pm
See also:

Dugard kidnapping: Phillip Garrido's house (26 pictures)
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 02:13 pm
@Debra Law,
wrong link, yours is on Stockholm Syndrome
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/aug/30/jaycee-lee-dugard-stockholm-syndrome

I have my doubts as to it applying here, as a child Jaycee was very meek and mild, never one to complain. She was pliable, a good victim for routine programing. Once she was reprogrammed she was no longer a captive, stockholm syndrome no longer applied.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 02:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
Here we go again with the "morality is anything the perverted say it is" bullshit.
Debra Law

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 02:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

The pics leave out the pool, the shower, and the piles of toys found. The talk of this being a prison compound is overstated by half. Alissia felt that she was married to this perp, she did not think of herself as a prisoner.

BTW- did you known that the perp was in jail some of the time that these women were "prisoners"? Maybe you want to come up with a new label for them, because "prisoner" does not work.

She was kidnapped as a child. She was repeatedly raped. Do you think she "voluntarily" got pregnant at the age of 13? Apparently you have no ability whatsoever to understand that this child's kidnapper and rapist had 18 years to brainwash her.
Debra Law

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 02:18 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

It's been driving me crazy -- trying to remember the story that this one reminded me of.

Today it finally clicked: Carole Smith (aka: the girl in the box) who was kidnapped by Cameron Hooker and his wife, Janice. The stories are strangely similar.

Read all about it: http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/psychology/sex_slave/index.html

What a devastating story. It speaks volumes about how a victim can be psychologically manipulated into "loving" her sadistic captor.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 02:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Here we go again with the "morality is anything the perverted say it is" bullshit

Morality is the taste and the proclivities of the majority. It is what ever the majority says that is is. Any particular moral stand might be either good or bad for us, but that is not someplace were are going to allow ourselves to go...thus the knee jerk connection between approved morality and "right".
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 02:23 pm
@Debra Law,
Quote:
She was kidnapped as a child. She was repeatedly raped. Do you think she "voluntarily" got pregnant at the age of 13? Apparently you have no ability whatsoever to understand that this child's kidnapper and rapist had 18 years to brainwash her.

my point is that it did not take very long to brainwash her, most of the time she was in her reprogrammed state and thus not a captive. She was a willing participant, which will likely torment her for the rest of her life.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 02:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
unwittingly willing, no doubt...
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 02:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
Morality is not the prevailing fads of the masses, although many perceive it is. It also not perverted in the way of this man and his ilk.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 02:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

wrong link, yours is on Stockholm Syndrome
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/aug/30/jaycee-lee-dugard-stockholm-syndrome

I have my doubts as to it applying here, as a child Jaycee was very meek and mild, never one to complain. She was pliable, a good victim for routine programing. Once she was reprogrammed she was no longer a captive, stockholm syndrome no longer applied.

You have no idea what YOU are talking about. What the HELL do you mean, "once she was REPROGRAMMED she was no longer a captive?"

I doubt that YOU are an expert on anything, let alone the long-term psychological effects on the victim of child abduction and rape who is forced to live year after year with her rapist--and forced to give birth to her rapist's children. You are no expert and your ill-conceived attempt to blame the victim is REPULSIVE.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 02:32 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
unwittingly willing, no doubt...

I tend to disagree, in my experience dominants can not take submissives any place that they don't want to go. What is beyond argument is that in our culture bending the mind of a child is generally considered off limits. Not always though, fundamentalist conservative Christians and lower class black matriarchs often give it a go.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 02:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
she was eleven.

have experience there, do ya?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 02:42 pm
@Debra Law,

Sorry. I found the link to the pictures at the bottom of the stockholm syndrome article. Here is the actual link to the pictures:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2009/aug/30/jaycee-lee-dugard-kidnap-usa

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 02:49 pm
@Debra Law,
Quote:
You are no expert and your ill-conceived attempt to blame the victim is REPULSIVE.

Your wrong turn is your need to blame individuals for what human nature is. It is what it is, maybe it is from GOD or maybe not, but it is not the product of individuals. Your blame games are a complete waste of effort, because it will not change anything. You can blame the perp all you want, but he is clearly ill, agents of the collective knew that he was ill and never got him help and never sufficiently watched over him. Your blaming the perp for all of this is juvenile, it it all of our faults.

Until and unless Jaycee heals she will blame herself, she will make the same mistake you do, pinning the blame on one person. She has been traumatized....what is your excuse??
dlowan

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 04:41 pm
@Rockhead,
Had a private bet with myself about how long it would take hawk to get to plodding his weary, perverse round.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 04:42 pm
@dlowan,
I put him on permanent ignore.
Debra Law

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 04:46 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
You are no expert and your ill-conceived attempt to blame the victim is REPULSIVE.

Your wrong turn is your need to blame individuals for what human nature is....

I am not blaming the victim. You're the one who is blaming the victim. You believe she was a willing participant in her own kidnapping, repeated rapes, and imprisonment.

Your endeavor to make excuses for the perpetrator is just as REPULSIVE as your ill-conceived attempt to blame the victim for her long-term plight at the hands of a sexual predator.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 04:55 pm
@Debra Law,
Quote:
You're the one who is blaming the victim. You believe she was a willing participant in her own kidnapping, repeated rapes, and imprisonment.

I am not blaming the victim, I am saying that she conformed to her nature, she allowed herself to be reprogrammed for what ever reason, and changed her status from captive to willing participant. She should not blame herself, and I do not blame her. I understand her and am willing to talk honestly about what happened, you don't and are not. You need this event to conform to your victim/abuser level understanding of human relationships, which while sometimes useful is small bore. If you want to understand the life that this woman has lived for 18 years you are going to have to expand your mind.
dlowan

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 05:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
It's likely one of hawk's little fantasies.....at the very least....no wonder he wants to promulgate the notion that she was a willing participant.

Probably this man liberated her from society's barring of the full flowering of her sexuality, didn't it Hawk?

he's a hero to you, isn't he?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 04:17:31