need a rich man

spendius

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 12:27 pm
@blackwidow,
Quote:
You really do not like me do you spendius or is it all women or do you just object to me speaking my mind.

I cannot think what I have said that is sufficient for you to come to those conclusions. Which are both incorrect.

I like you enough to have taken the time to offer you some hints. If I gave out more than hints your competitors would find it easy to match you and thus defeat the objective. With so few eligble £500,oooKers about and a host of experts circling around them it would become a buyer's market. So as Mame says, cunning little bird of paradise that she is, learn and step silently forth keeping your best moves for emergencies.

I have met young and beautiful gold-diggers before. Made 'em beg for it too. Gold-diggers are a challenge.

Men like a challenge. You're talking elemental forces.

Quote:
Lets face it men dont know the differance between sex and love anyway

I do. Sex is when you don't ask them to put a bag over their head and love is when you take your wieght on your elbows.
aidan

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 12:34 pm
@MagicBlackCat,
My father is rich - so I don't need to find a rich man- I was born to one- (although he wasn't rich when I was born - that came later through hard work - which he taught me all about).

*And I'm just posting here so black widow won't think women are intimidated to post - not to brag about my dad - that was him - not me.
aidan

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 12:40 pm
@aidan,
He started out REALLY poor - his is the American dream story come true- if ever there was one.
But he's still so down to earth that he gets his own coffee and chocolate biscuits (and even my mothers's) and that's why I love him.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 12:47 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
I do. Sex is when you don't ask them to put a bag over their head and love is when you take your wieght on your elbows.

wow, I never thought I would hear spendius say something like this. It's a
great statement!
------

blackwidow, money does help, but it is not the answer to life. I know of a couple where she married him for his money, although it took a few years for him to realize that. They're both miserable! She found out that money alone won't make you happy and he is hurting due to the indifference of his wife towards him. For reasons I don't want to get into here, he is not divorcing her and so both carry on in their own misery. They have all the money in the world
but lead miserable lives.
0 Replies

blackwidow

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 02:25 pm
there goes spendius showing true colours got to go folks duty (Dinner and paperwork) calls.
ps I made the dinner
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 02:32 pm
I read the first few posts of this thread last night, and just the last couple posts on this page.

All I can wonder is why don't you just become a rich woman, then you won't have to worry so much about what kind of man you need?

That would be much more gratifying.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 02:36 pm
Damn. I want a rich man too now.
chai2

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 02:37 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Why don't you just look for a rich woman?
McGentrix

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 02:50 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

Why don't you just look for a rich woman?

They make those now?
ebrown p

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 03:12 pm
@McGentrix,
Yeah.... a woman becomes a rich woman when she finds a rich man.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 03:23 pm
@McGentrix,
Not like they used to though.

But I owe bw an apology. The first post I read here was the one Bob had posted and I missed the thread starter. This led me to confuse bw with the lady in his response. The latter was the lady I had in mind in my replies. Hence I took my cue from the reply given to that lady by an unknown $500Ker which made sense.

I now realise that bw is nothing like that lady in terms of her upfrontedness although quite similar in inclination.

I have wondered though if she is anything like the lady they show in the Scottish Widows Insurance advert who is rather fetching in a French Lieutenant's Woman sort of way.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 03:46 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I have wondered though if she is anything like the lady they show in the Scottish Widows Insurance advert who is rather fetching in a French Lieutenant's Woman sort of way.

If SHE was rich ...

http://i28.tinypic.com/25zs64l.jpg
spendius

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 05:01 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Notice the black with a hint of red and the lowering, overcast sky. People who make ads know about blue skies and flower-print frocks in meadows.

You have been warned.
0 Replies

blackwidow

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 01:24 pm
Well hello all you peps out there just back home after a hard days graft and catching up.
well spend all I can say if you like sw lady is I am a little older, a little fatter, a little poorer, a little shorter, a little darker (hair), a little more boring and a little more jaded, and not at all interested in promoting any institution that resembles banking in any way they have all had more than enough out of the British people.
spendius

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 05:38 pm
@blackwidow,
I like skint little short-legged roly-polies of a certain age with no conversational skills, a resigned attitude and no interest in bank transactions.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 05:59 pm
@spendius,
Gasp! Spendi is flirting!
spendius

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 06:12 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
On the Barabinsk Steppe, by contrast, stretches of real forest often appeared here and there, intruding into the flatland like little paws of a giant dog asleep just the other side of the horizon." Ian Frazier in Travels in Siberia, NYer, Aug 10/17.

That's terrible literature osso. Seriously dire. I'm not sure I ever saw anything quite that ghastly before.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 06:34 pm
I'm a little late to the conversation here, but I can tell you from a lifetime of watching a family that has bartered in both beauty and wealth that it's not a particularly smooth or happy road. A closet full of Jimmy Choo shoes, a Bentley and trips to Europe cannot take the place of a loving heart and genuine affection. Yes, you might want to give it a try, but it's like trying to sustain health on cotton candy and milk chocolate. Money unto itself is not the problem, but rather the exclusion of all else when seeking a mate. Better to look for a compatible person who makes you laugh, respects who you are and supports you in your life's trial and tribulations than to be flip and assume a fluffy bank account will make up for all the other missing pieces. If you feel money will make you happy- go and make some, but don't assume that someone else's money is going to do it for you. Besides, what makes you think you will be any better at picking a rich man than you at picking a poor one? Some of the richest people I know are also the most stingy and use the power of their money to control those close to them. You might end up in a worse situation than what you have experienced so far.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 07:15 pm
@spendius,
I agree it's tacky, even Sandburgian, but I like it.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 07:17 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, and hear, hear! to GW.