Why Fox News' new found interest in Manson?

Setanta

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 07:49 pm
I know it won't sink in with the idiot child there, but the reason it was called the white album is because the original version had the word "Beatles" embossed on it, raised from the surface of the album, but there was absolutely no print visible on the outside--it was totally white. It was only much later that they began to print "Beatles" on it in grey.
LionTamerX

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 08:32 pm
Callin' out around the world
Are you ready for a brand new beat?
Summer's here and the time is right
For Manson in the streets
RexRed

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 06:33 am
@Setanta,
Set and you need to call me an idiot because of your inferiority complex? And do they call George Benson's album the white album for the same exact reason?

http://www.recordsale.org/cdpix/g/george_benson_-_the_george_benson_collection.jpg

And his name is George that means he must want to be an Beatle wanna be...

Perhaps he is the messiah?

Google "George Benson White Album" not a single hit... Perhaps your idiot logic is simply wrong Set? Doesn't that just burn your (glass) onion?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 06:36 am
@LionTamerX,
Haha god forbid...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 06:42 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I find lots of problems with racism and bigotry from either side. It is low, baseless and counterproductive to the collective pursuit of happiness of all persons. It hurts my heart... a racist thought grows into a crime of hate. It is every person's duty to renew their minds (if necessary) to racial harmony and brotherly peace. NO level of racism is acceptable whatsoever. Comedians who make racist remarks are simply not funny and painting an image of hate with a broad brush...
Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 01:12 pm
There's no inferiority in operation here, Rex. I call you an idiot because you act like one. Virtually everyone in the world who is familiar with the Beatles knows that it's called the white album, and knows why it's called the white album. It has nothing to do with racism. Your continued rants about racism are just more evidence of how idiotic your thought processes are. You get a hold on a witless idea like this one, and you worry it to death like a puppy with an old shoe.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 01:25 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

I find lots of problems with racism and bigotry from either side. It is low, baseless and counterproductive to the collective pursuit of happiness of all persons. It hurts my heart... a racist thought grows into a crime of hate. It is every person's duty to renew their minds (if necessary) to racial harmony and brotherly peace. NO level of racism is acceptable whatsoever. Comedians who make racist remarks are simply not funny and painting an image of hate with a broad brush...

the first bold statement is by no means true

and the second bold statement is exactly what you are doing by making the first staement
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 02:01 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
What will happen at 50?

The Golden? well there'll be cakes, music, dancing in the streets, plus the odd toke or two, maybe a cube dropped, ... .
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 02:13 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Quote:
Why pick on Fox News? I hate the site, but the Manson story has been on CNN and other news outlets as well. It's all in connection with the upcoming parole hearings. And being as how Manson himself and most of his followers were white, as were all of the victims, what's race got to do with it?

I don't know if RR was, picking on Fox News, that is. But there certainly are other things that one would have to consider; the reporting manner, the words chosen, the delivery, ... .

I haven't seen it so I'm not saying Fox did anything other than report.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 02:22 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

I find lots of problems with racism and bigotry from either side. It is low, baseless and counterproductive to the collective pursuit of happiness of all persons. It hurts my heart... a racist thought grows into a crime of hate. It is every person's duty [??] to renew their minds
(if necessary) to racial harmony and brotherly peace. NO level of racism is acceptable whatsoever. Comedians who make racist remarks are simply not funny and painting an image of hate with a broad brush...

Everyone has an absolute right to freedom of opinion about anything
including races, be thay good or bad. Everyone has a constitutional right
to express his opinions, in freedom of speech and in freedom of the press.

The "duty" that u allege does not exist.

No one has any duty to change his mind about anything.

David
RexRed

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 02:26 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Yes everyone has the right to go out and murder someone too but is it right? The consequences of the justice system are a life in prison or worse. Just because people have a right does not make it right. People have a right to respect each other too. If I heard someone spouting out racist epitaphs they would lose my friendship and respect. If it is worth it for them to be ostracized from my graces then so be it.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 03:16 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
Quote:
Yes everyone has the right to go out and murder someone too but is it right?

I must dispute your premise.
Everyone does not have that right.
Murder is killing someone without justification or excuse.

RexRed wrote:
Quote:
The consequences of the justice system are a life in prison or worse.

As well thay shoud be; we pay government to avenge us.

RexRed wrote:
Quote:
Just because people have a right does not make it right.

That depends on which criteria u apply.

RexRed wrote:
Quote:
People have a right to respect each other too.

Thay can exercise that right, if thay wanna.
I have done so.

RexRed wrote:
Quote:
If I heard someone spouting out racist epitaphs
they would lose my friendship and respect.

Epitaphs are the writings on tombstones, above graves.
U have the right (but not the duty) to bear friendship
to whomever u choose, selected by whichever criteria u wish to apply.

RexRed wrote:
Quote:
If it is worth it for them to be ostracized from my graces then so be it.

U and everyone else, with whatever opinions everyone has.

Other fine people can have a variety of widely differing opinions from yours.

David
JTT

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 07:01 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
As well thay[sic] shoud[sic] be; we pay government to avenge us.

You can't have been a lawyer and you must have paid someone to get into your mensa group, David.

The 's' in 'as' has a 'z' sound. You're going to have to get some consistency in your thought processes and your spelling reform.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 06:07 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

http://www.abc.net.au/myfavouritealbum/albumart/img/whitealbum.jpg

It's been widely known as "The White Album" since the 60s. It's pretty much true that no one ever calls it anything else.
RexRed

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 06:27 am
@Brandon9000,
100 monkeys...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 07:15 am
http://arrachecoeur.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/weezer-red_album-cover1.jpg

This sorta pisses me off...

"the red album"

Politics folks.. I guess i won't use that now for my music...

Why is weezer making a "red album"? What's so red about weezer? Err rexred is unimpressed... I shoulda thunk sooner. Maybe the red anthology...
RexRed

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 07:22 am
Maybe "red is dead"... Smile
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 07:38 am
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4f/Weezer_-_Blue_Album.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/51/Weezergreen.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/43/Weezerred2.jpg

at least with weezers three self titiled albums they could have used other distinguishing names

the blue album could have been the three collard shirt guys album

the green album could have been the one guy with guitar album

the red album could have been the two guys with hats, two guys with glasses, album

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 07:40 am
@RexRed,
does everything have to have a meaning to you, can't somethings just be

sometimes, as they say, a cigar, is just that, a cigar
RexRed

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 07:48 am
@djjd62,
No...
0 Replies