Why Fox News' new found interest in Manson?

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 08:23 pm
On another note, I am proud to say that Olympia Snow and Susan Collins of Maine showed up and voted Sotomayor in as a judge. Only nine, including Maine's two senators, out of 40 Republicans show up in support in the 68-31 vote.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 03:35 am
@RexRed,
Jesus you're a clown. I haven't suggested anything. I've just pointed out what the obvious answer is to the question embodied in the title of your thread.

What an idiot.
RexRed

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 03:54 am
@Setanta,
Set, you did it in a sarcastic way so I just met you with the same sarcasm... Ok, fair enough? Just as you have in many other posts... So I am stupid because i didn't realize it is the 40 year anniversary and i just met that sarcasm with who really cares... I am not gonna bake a cake... Smile
Setanta

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 08:27 am
@RexRed,
No, it's not "fair enough," because it's bullshit. This is the post:

I wrote:
Geeze, what's the big mystery? The Tate-LaBianca murders were committed 40 years ago this summer--which is why there is this alleged "new found interest in Manson."

There was no sarcasm, and your idiotic remark about holding a parade is just evidence of how limited you thought processes are. My post expressed a mild incredulity that anyone would need to have this explained to them, but no sarcasm. Neither was there any implied or express statement that anyone were stupid.

I can't be held responsible either for your inadequacies nor your resentment of others because of them.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:00 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
But calling it the White Album in the Fox News Article lends credence to the racial element.

Are you really that naive?
Its been called the "White Album" for as long as I can remember, and I'm 47 years old.
Everybody over a certain age knows it as the White Album, and if you go to a decent record or music store they will know exactly which album you are talking about.

You are trying to stir up controversy where there is none.

You must be very young.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:23 am
@mysteryman,
My sister (I didn't buy any Beatles records in those days) got the White Album in 1968: a bought it, as "The White Album", in the UK.

Perhaps you really don't know anything about The Beatles, RR. But since there's still google and other search machines ...
RexRed

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:36 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Then neither does wikipedia... Have them correct their page... the album is white with only the words "The Beatles" on the cover.
dyslexia

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:37 am
@mysteryman,
what MM said.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:40 am
According to wikipedia a second release of "The Beatles" has a serial number also printed on sleave...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:41 am
I currently have over two thousand vinyl.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:43 am
I am 46 years old and have several older brothers and sisters too.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:46 am
I still stand by my reasoning for posting this thread.
dyslexia

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:47 am
@RexRed,
when I was a farmer I was outstanding in my field.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:47 am
@Setanta,
I am not going to call you names... I have better things to do with my time...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:51 am
http://www.abc.net.au/myfavouritealbum/albumart/img/whitealbum.jpg
RexRed

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 12:52 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Your sister must have bought "The White Album" from "The Black Market". Smile
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 01:29 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
Then neither does wikipedia... Have them correct their page... the album is white with only the words "The Beatles" on the cover.

type the white album in google and the first result is the wiki page for the album the beatles

the first two sentences of the article

'The Beatles is the ninth official British album and the fifteenth American album by The Beatles, a double album released in 1968. It is more commonly known as The White Album as it has no graphics or text other than the band's name (and, on the early LP and CD releases, a serial number) on its plain white sleeve."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles_%28album%29
djjd62

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 01:36 pm
i'm nearly 47, nobody i know has ever called it anything but the white album

another reference from wiki

"The Grey Album is a mashup album by Danger Mouse, released in 2004. It uses an a cappella version of rapper Jay-Z's The Black Album and couples it with instrumentals created from a multitude of unauthorized samples from The Beatles' LP The Beatles (more commonly known as The White Album)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grey_Album
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 02:48 pm
@djjd62,
Yes the album cover is "white" but nothing on any release of the double record set has ever stated the title of the album is "The White Album" The records themselves do not contain the words "White Album" on them and no song on the album refers to it being a white album...

So the actual title of the album is "The Beatles"... If you Google the words "The White Album" you are redirected to the Wikipedia article detailing the Beatles album entitled "The Beatles"... The Beatles actually never released an album called "The White Album". Now I have not played the albums backwards to see if the words white album are uttered in come strange code and I don't plan to right off. Smile

I spent two hours checking the sources of the small blurb I wrote on page one because this is sensitive subject and I wanted to know if I got my facts right before I started spouting off about the subject. Maybe Fox News might have done well to have done the same before they started drawing racist conclusions about "The Beatles" double album...
djjd62

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 02:59 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
So the actual title of the album is "The Beatles"... If you Google the words "The White Album" you are redirected to the Wikipedia article detailing the Beatles album entitled "The Beatles"

my last words on this subject, it must be commonly known that the album is commonly referred to as the white album (as the second sentence in the wiki article clearly states) if the phrase when googled redirects you there

it's not a difficult concept