Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 05:47 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Quote:
Google Congressman Alcee Hastings and House Bill 684 and you'll see that they're planning at least six civilian labor camps.

Actually, its HR 645, not 684.
But the writer is correct about what the bill would do sort of.

Here is the actual bill
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:h645:

This says 'civilian labor camp' to you?

Quote:
SEC. 2. ESTABLISHMENT OF NATIONAL EMERGENCY CENTERS.

(a) In General- In accordance with the requirements of this Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall establish not fewer than 6 national emergency centers on military installations.

(b) Purpose of National Emergency Centers- The purpose of a national emergency center shall be to use existing infrastructure--

(1) to provide temporary housing, medical, and humanitarian assistance to individuals and families dislocated due to an emergency or major disaster;

(2) to provide centralized locations for the purposes of training and ensuring the coordination of Federal, State, and local first responders;

(3) to provide centralized locations to improve the coordination of preparedness, response, and recovery efforts of government, private, and not-for-profit entities and faith-based organizations; and

(4) to meet other appropriate needs, as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security.

Yeah; not so much.

Cycloptichorn
mysteryman

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 05:50 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Thats why I said "sort of".
Yes, there are 6 camps, yes they are for civilian use, and yes civilian labor would be involved, but that is where the similiarty ends.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 06:22 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
Not all death threats are created equal. Some are credible, the overwhelming majority are not. I've received death threats that I openly laughed at (from an idiot named Paulo Kull most recently who didn't even know what country I lived in but decided to let me know he'd kill me soon).

You sure do keep nice company, Robert.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 07:20 pm
Let's have a reaction group to the birthers. We will call them the Transcripters. Their aim will be to obtain the alleged college transcripts of sarah palin.

We know that there is no way in hell this broad earned a degree honestly. The only purpose of the Transcripters is to count how many one night As palin earned!
mysteryman

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 11:19 pm
@plainoldme,
So then when are you post your transcripts?
After all we know that there is no way in hell you earned a degree honestly.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 11:48 pm
I know her, and I know she did.
plainoldme

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 08:46 am
@mysteryman,
Which degree?
ehBeth

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 08:56 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

I know her, and I know she did.

ditto
mysteryman

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 09:16 am
@plainoldme,
Any of them!!!

If you want to demand something from someone else, its only fair that you allow your own credentials to be examined also.
plainoldme

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 09:36 am
@mysteryman,
Unlike sarah, I am not a lying emptyhead. I would gladly allow my credentials to be examined.

Shame on you for never having questioned palin for having a degree in something she never majored in . . . journalism. . . that her speech patterns give evidence that she could never have passed.
mysteryman

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 10:50 am
@plainoldme,
I pay so little attention to her that I never knew she claimed to have a degree in anything.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 08:33 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks, Beth.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 10:05 pm
@plainoldme,
What was Sarah's major? I thought, given her incisive responses, that it had to be journalism.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 10:23 pm
@plainoldme,
Probably somewhat similar to how GW Bush got his degrees from Yale and Harvard.
plainoldme

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 12:00 am
@JTT,
Journalism with a political science minor . . . her declarations of majors as she went back and forth through enrollments in five colleges, were business and general studies.
plainoldme

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 12:01 am
@cicerone imposter,
The University of Texas' (really a fine school) Law School turned bush down.
Advocate

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 11:46 am
Getting back to the birthers, two newspapers in Hawaii reported Obama's birth when it happened in 1961. How did Obama's people pull tht scam off?
djjd62

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 11:49 am
@Advocate,
time travel, everybody knows the government got all kinds of neat stuff from the aliens at roswell
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 11:54 am
@Advocate,
Obviously, they consulted astrologers and knew this boy would be president one day!
0 Replies

YOUNEED2GETAHOBBY

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 12:29 pm
@mysteryman,
But "plain"'s a leftist--they don't need no stinking documents--you know that, c'mon. Everyone is equal in the eyes of Marx, man.
0 Replies