parados

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 01:57 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Blind? No. They published a certificate of live birth.

yes, and? Are you arguing that a certificate of birth is not the same thing as a birth certificate? Now you are showing how stupid you really are.

Read the bottom of the certificate McG.

Quote:
This document serves as prima facia evidence of the fact of birth in any court proceeding.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 02:00 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

Quote:
It is my contention that saying 'Obama wasn't born in America' is slang for 'he's a nigger.'

I think it's slang for he's an intellectual liberal Democrat. I'm not saying all is rosy in race land, but these same people never started a campaign against conservative blacks like Condaleeza Rice.

Well, they aren't looking to attack Condaleeza. If they were, they probably would be using the same tactics.

I find it doubtful, that it is slang for 'intellectual liberal democrat,' as the Republicans have never used that slang before to describe any one of hundreds of the same intellectual liberal Democrats before - even ones who have ran for president. No, it wasn't until a Black guy got up there that this meme was started. Mighty coincidental.

Cycloptichorn
contrex

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 02:00 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Right, because other nations don't have their problems...

No need to get defensive. No one is saying that other nations don't have their problems, but we are talking about birthers in America. America is a big, loud, attention-grabbing 200 pound gorilla of a nation. Her economy and politics affect the rest of the world. Americans are always telling us all to follow their example, that they are a "beacon on a hill". So we are interested and concerned. I don't really see what relevance it has to mention (say) racist skinheads in Denmark or fatwa-issuing mullahs in Iran or whatever. The issue is birthers and their like and the damage they do to America.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 02:02 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Again, let me reiterate that I don not doubt Obama's authenticity as an American citizen born on American soil. I am arguing that believing otherwise does not constitute racism.

This sounds like the real issue here.
If you dispute the existence or authenticity of the birth certificate (and I don't),
is that NECESSARILY racism. I don't think so.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 02:11 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
No. They published a certificate of live birth.

By the Department of Health, no less! Do they think we're so stupid that we don't know that birth certificates are actually from the Health Department?
Green Witch

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 02:17 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Gosh, you're making me defend Republicans. Please stop it.

Quote:
Well, they aren't looking to attack Condaleeza. If they were, they probably would be using the same tactics.

Racists do not care what party a person belongs to. They attack based on color not philosophy. True racists would not want to see a black face in the White House unless they were washing dishes or dusting the furniture. I really think this birth certificate thing is a political issue, not a race issue.
BillRM

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 02:20 pm
@Green Witch,
birth certificate thing is a political issue, not a race issue.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is a nut issue of the far right and most of the nuts on the far right just happen to be racists amount their other charming characters.

0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 02:31 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

Gosh, you're making me defend Republicans. Please stop it.

Quote:

Racists do not care what party a person belongs to. They attack based on color not philosophy. True racists would not want to see a black face in the White House unless they were washing dishes or dusting the furniture. I really think this birth certificate thing is a political issue, not a race issue.

I don't care if you want to think of them as 'true racists' or not, they are still engaging in racist behavior with this speech. Whether or not they are choosing to do so b/c they disagree with Obama's politics is not material to the question.

We can't really use a hypothetical scenario in which you guess what the reactions would be to a possible Black Republican candidate in order to show that real-world Republicans reacting to an ACTUAL Black president aren't being racist... it doesn't flow logically.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 02:40 pm
@DrewDad,
What I love is the people who claimed with a straight face that they do not question his place of birth but still...............................

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 02:42 pm
You sound like you are channeling roxxxanne when she said disagreeing with gay marriage=homophobic=closet homosexual.

No other option, eh? If you think that Obama's birth certificate may be fraudulent then you are a racist. That way they all fit nicely into a nice little bundle that you can hate and name call. Typical far left doggerel. After all, they are racists right? Everyone hates racists...
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 02:46 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

You sound like you are channeling roxxxanne when she said disagreeing with gay marriage=homophobic=closet homosexual.

I do believe that the prime motivation for disagreeing with gay marriage IS homophobia, but not necessarily that all homophobes are closet homosexuals.

Quote:
No other option, eh? If you think that Obama's birth certificate may be fraudulent then you are a racist. That way they all fit nicely into a nice little bundle that you can hate and name call. Typical far left doggerel. After all, they are racists right? Everyone hates racists...

Pretty much. There's no actual evidence that would lead anyone to believe his birth certificate is fraudulent. None. So one has to examine what the true motivations are behind the claim that it is. Neither you nor any other Republican has been able to adequately explain it, and there are several data points which lead me to believe my hypothesis is true; the fact that the hotbed of this belief lies within Southern Republicans doesn't help your cause.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 02:48 pm
I think the majority of people who question Obama's birth certificate would vote for Colin Powell for president, if he was running on the Republican ticket. True, I cannot prove this, but I truly believe it based on human nature.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 02:54 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

I think the majority of people who question Obama's birth certificate would vote for Colin Powell for president, if he was running on the Republican ticket. True, I cannot prove this, but I truly believe it based on human nature.

I don't know why you think this is true; I certainly don't. Especially given the fact that Colin Powell is a moderate Republican, and the Birthers tend to be ultra-conservative wackjobs. They would be against Colin Powell big time.

I'm not sure what about my proposition you find hard to believe. As I said earlier, using code words to say things to folks is a long-standing Republican practice, even an admitted one. Remember Lee Atwater and his famous quote?

Quote:

You start out in 1954 by saying, “Nigger, nigger, nigger.” By 1968 you can’t say “nigger”"that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states’ rights and all that stuff. You’re getting so abstract now [that] you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites.

Now, they are saying 'he's not a citizen!' It isn't because they truly believe he isn't a citizen. It's because he is different than they are and this is how they are expressing it, they can't say what they actually think in public and get the response they want any more.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 03:08 pm
@McGentrix,
If you think that Obama's birth certificate may be fraudulent then you are a racist
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are surely a fool and more then likely a racist on top of being a fool to question his place of birth on it face.

Once more there would be zero reason to do a cover up of his place of birth for the first thirty years or more of his life as there would not be a problem in this world of bringing in a baby of an American woman born in a foreign country home and having him gain citizenship.

Doing so would leave records a mile wide and a mile deep so unless you are thinking the family knew from his birth that he would someday wish to run for president and struggle him into the country instead of just bringing him home in the normal manner the birthers do not have a case period.

There is no more reason to question his birth place then that of any other citizen.

DrewDad

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 03:45 pm
McGentrix with his birth certificate vs certificate of birth nonsense reminds me of a certain President being deposed and talking about the definition of "is".

We can discuss the definition of "of".
McGentrix

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 03:46 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

If you think that Obama's birth certificate may be fraudulent then you are a racist
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are surely a fool and more then likely a racist on top of being a fool to question his place of birth on it face.

Once more there would be zero reason to do a cover up of his place of birth for the first thirty years or more of his life as there would not be a problem in this world of bringing in a baby of an American woman born in a foreign country home and having him gain citizenship.

Doing so would leave records a mile wide and a mile deep so unless you are thinking the family knew from his birth that he would someday wish to run for president and struggle him into the country instead of just bringing him home in the normal manner the birthers do not have a case period.

There is no more reason to question his birth place then that of any other citizen.

Really? Do you bother reading what I write or just let the knee jerk control your hands when you type?
McGentrix

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 03:48 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

McGentrix with his birth certificate vs certificate of birth nonsense reminds me of a certain President being deposed and talking about the definition of "is".

We can discuss the definition of "of".

I am sorry that you do not realize that words have definitions.

Here is a handy reference for you: http://dictionary.reference.com/
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 04:09 pm
@McGentrix,
Surely you are not claiming that a Certificate of Live Birth Not Equal a Birth Certificate?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 06:57 pm
@McGentrix,
Really? Do you bother reading what I write or just let the knee jerk control your hands when you type?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read your nonsense I do not doubt he is a citizen however...add nonsense ....and he should prove that he is a citizen beyond placing the legal document of his birth online.

In other word you are a birther trying to have it both ways by double talk.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 07:05 pm
This whole thing is nonsense.
My sister was also born in Hawaii, and she also has a "certificate of Live Birth", just like Obama has.
It has allowed her to get a passport, to get a govt job, and to enjoy every other benefit of being a citizen.

Anyone that thinks that his Birth is questionable or is maybe not legit, needs to grow up and get a brain.