cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 10:38 am
@Foofie,
The "deducements" are from your own words.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 05:47 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

That's what you get when you pack the Supreme Court with far-left justices like Alito and Thomas.

Well, you know the saying about even a broken clock being right a couple of times a day...
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 02:19 pm
They are at it once more.

Kansas May Kick Obama Off the Ballot
GOP-led election board wants more birth certificate evidence By Kevin Spak, Newser Staff

Posted Sep 14, 2012 2:35 PM CDT
STORY COMMENTS (2)
(Newser) – If you thought birther-ism was dead, we've got some bad news. The Kansas State Objections Board is considering kicking Barack Obama off the ballot unless it finds more evidence he was born in the US, the Topeka Capital-Journal reports. The all-Republican board agreed yesterday to investigate a ballot challenge arguing that there were "doubts" about Obama's citizenship. "I don't think it's a frivolous objection," said Kris Kobach, Kansas Secretary of State and an informal Romney advisor. "I do think the factual record could be supplemented."

The board will send inquiries to Hawaii, Arizona, and Mississippi for evidence. Kobach later told Talking Points Memo that legally, a "frivolous" argument is one that cannot be reasonably made under any circumstance. "The objection passed that very low bar, which is not saying much." He wouldn't say if he personally believed Obama was a citizen. Of course, even if Kansas did kick Obama off the ballot, it probably wouldn't make much difference electorally; according to FiveThirtyEight's current projection, Kansas is 99% likely to go red.

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 03:22 pm
The available evidence indicates that Kansas is frivolous.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 04:19 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
. . . . The board will send inquiries to Hawaii, Arizona, and Mississippi
for evidence . . .
Hawaii I get. Arizona and Mississippi? Anyone know what that's about?
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 04:24 pm
You've heard of dual citizenship, I imagine. Obama has triple birthship--he was born in Kenya, Arizona, and Mississippi. Definitely not Hawaii, though.
George

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 04:28 pm
@MontereyJack,
They shoulda booked a direct flight.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 04:33 pm
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/14/kansas-birther-case-obama-joe-montgomery_n_1884936.html?utm_hp_ref=elections-2012

A Kansas resident has dropped his objection to President Barack Obama appearing on the state's ballot. A Kansas man who filed an objection with the state to President Barack Obama appearing on the state's ballot, is withdrawing his objection.

Joe Montgomery's decision, which he communicated in an email to the secretary of state's office Friday afternoon, ends a process that caused the all-Republican Kansas Objections Board to vote unanimously Thursday to seek further information before making a decision on whether Obama could be on the ballot.

Montgomery told The Huffington Post Friday afternoon that public reaction to the complaint led him to decide against continuing. He declined to say exactly what was said in the calls and emails he received, but indicated that people who knew him both personally and professionally were also contacted about the complaint.

"I didn't file this objection with the desire to involve anyone else. This is me expressing myself on a personal political level," he said. "I would appreciate it if people would not call anyone associated with me, whether a personal or professional association."

Montgomery, who works at Kansas State University, filed the objection Monday, claiming Obama was not a "natural born citizen" because his father was a citizen of the United Kingdom and Kenya, and that U.S. citizenship is conferred "primarily" through the father. He also said that Obama has not shown "valid, certified documentary evidence" of being born in the United States.

Montgomery wanted to start a dialogue with his objection, he said. "I have not been successful in that objective," he told HuffPost. "Not in achieving a constructive dialogue."

The state Objections Board -- consisting of Secretary of State Kris Kobach, Lt. Gov. Jeff Colyer and Attorney General Derek Schmidt -- voted to delay a final decision, saying it needed more evidence and would reach out to Hawaiian officials for certification of the president's birth certificate, along with officials in Arizona and Mississippi. The board expressed concern that Obama's campaign did not appear before the board and only sent a letter with its position. Obama's campaign attorney Kip Waitscott wrote the board that Montgomery's objection was "baseless" and that Obama's eligibility has already been determined by state and federal courts.

The board's decision has led at least one Democrat, state Rep. Ann Mah (D-Topeka), to accuse Kobach of pandering.

"It is a little disappointing that a board that has two out of three members as attorneys who should understand the Constitution made this decision," said Mah, the ranking minority member of the House Elections Committee.

"But we are in Kansas, and Kobach has been waiting for this moment for a long time. The pretense that this has any validity and needs further investigation is ridiculous. Kobach seems to enjoy this type of thing. It panders to his base of birthers."

Kobach, an informal adviser to Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, said at the board meeting that he was not acting in a partisan role, but rather wanted as much information as possible before the board made a final decision.

Mah told HuffPost she believes the episode has hurt the state's reputation. "They are making Kansas a laughing stock again," she said, referring to Kobach, Colyer and Schmidt.

Also on HuffPost:

George

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 04:39 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
. . . Mah told HuffPost she believes the episode has hurt the state's
reputation . . .
Nah.
parados

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 04:44 pm
@George,
I think the concern is it has made some people aware Kansas really exists.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 04:55 pm
@George,
Quote:
Arizona and Mississippi? Anyone know what that's about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_citizenship_conspiracy_theories

Joe ArpaioVolunteer investigators working under the direction of Maricopa County, Arizona, Sheriff Joe Arpaio have asserted that Obama's birth certificate is a computer-generated forgery. Rejecting this claim, an assistant to Hawaii's attorney general stated in July 2012 that "President Obama was born in Honolulu, and his birth certificate is valid.... Regarding the latest allegations from a sheriff in Arizona, they are untrue, misinformed and misconstrue Hawaii law."[149] Arizona state officials, including Governor Jan Brewer and Secretary of State Ken Bennett, have also dismissed Arpaio's objections and accepted the validity of Obama's birth certificate.[150][151] Alex Pareene, a staff writer for Salon, wrote regarding a May 2012 trip to Hawaii by Arpaio's people that "I think we have long since passed the point at which I'd find this story believable in a fictional setting".[152]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In May 2012, the Arizona Secretary of State, Ken Bennett, asked Hawaii to verify Obama's Hawaiian birth to ensure his eligibility to appear on the November ballot.[227] After Bennett proved that he needed the information as part of the regular course of official business, Hawaii officially confirmed that the information in the copy of the Certificate of Live Birth for the President matches the original record in their files.[228][229] Later the same month, the Mississippi state Democratic Party requested Hawaii to verify that the long-form image on the White House website matched the copy on file and they were provided with a certified verification, bearing the state seal and signed by state registrar Alvin T. Onaka, who had certified both released birth certificates.[230]

George

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 05:06 pm
@BillRM,
Thanks, Bill. Nice work.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 08:45 pm
@George,
It's a shout out to sheriff Joe and his recent grandstanding.
0 Replies