Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 06:04 pm
The link- It's dead.
djjd62

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 06:08 pm
let's hope soon to be forgotten
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 06:09 pm
Palin has quit in the middle of an elected post, but still some folks want her to be president - What's to keep her from quitting that job when the going gets tough?
Foofie

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 06:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Palin has quit in the middle of an elected post, but still some folks want her to be president - What's to keep her from quitting that job when the going gets tough?

I do not assume that is the reason she left the governorship. No one knows her game plan. Many liberals seem to be scared of her. Perhaps, she can raise more funds for an election campaign if she was in the lower 48.

Intrepid

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 06:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The link- It's dead.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32154668/
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 06:30 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

I do not assume that is the reason she left the governorship. No one knows her game plan. Many liberals seem to be scared of her. Perhaps, she can raise more funds for an election campaign if she was in the lower 48.

There goes that litany again - "scared" - But the fact she quits in the middle of an elected job is to be glossed over, apparently - by some.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 06:48 pm
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32154668/ns/politics-more_politics/
Eva

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 06:59 pm
I had a job I didn't like once...well, I liked the place a lot, just not the work...and I used to threaten them that I was gonna quit, but I wasn't gonna leave.

I think that's what Palin has planned.

I don't think for a minute that we've heard the last of her. She loves the spotlight too much.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 07:03 pm
@Eva,
Eva wrote:

I had a job I didn't like once...well, I liked the place a lot, just not the work...and I used to threaten them that I was gonna quit, but I wasn't gonna leave.

I think that's what Palin has planned.

I don't think for a minute that we've heard the last of her. She loves the spotlight too much.

I do agree that she plans to remain a public figure and to see how far it will take her. I just think she has demonstrated she doesn't have the stuff to see it through to the end.
shewolfnm

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 07:29 pm
Sorry.

You can not fear 'Stupid'. It isnt scary, its dumb.
Eva

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 07:52 pm
@shewolfnm,
The last 8 years proved differently.

What is truly scary is that a good percentage of the American public honestly doesn't recognize Stupid.
Eva

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 07:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't know about that, edgar. This past year gave her a taste of White House-scale politics, and she liked it. I think Alaska became too small for her.

Her ambition is boundless. And she has people whispering in her ear constantly that she should aim higher.

The real question is: How high can she fly before she crashes and burns?

Oh no, she's not gone. Far from it. I anticipate a big press conference, and soon. Wait for it.....
shewolfnm

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 08:13 pm
@Eva,
Very good point.

It is really amazing, the blinders people choose to wear.

Sometimes they label those blinders 'patriotism' , or the worst one ' religion '.

Neither should allow a 'leader' to kill millions for nothing, but that is just the tip of the iceberg.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 08:21 pm
@Eva,
She's gone. They only people scared of her are Republicans, and then only if she can carry Alaska in the primaries.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 08:36 pm
@Eva,
Eva wrote:

I don't know about that, edgar. This past year gave her a taste of White House-scale politics, and she liked it. I think Alaska became too small for her.

Her ambition is boundless. And she has people whispering in her ear constantly that she should aim higher.

The real question is: How high can she fly before she crashes and burns?

Oh no, she's not gone. Far from it. I anticipate a big press conference, and soon. Wait for it.....

In essence, what you are saying is not much different than what I am saying. I acknowledged that she will go as far as she is able to go. I just pointed out that she has demonstrated lack of fortitude when the chips are down.
Eva

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 08:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
That is true. And you and I won't forget it. I think we're on the same wavelength.

I'd be willing to bet that a lot of other people WILL forget about her "lack of fortitude," though. Or they'll excuse it. Or (worst of all) they won't know what that means in the first place.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 06:39 am
@Foofie,
When Palin first announced her intention to quit one of the reasons was the bad press she was getting. If she gets bad press if (Lord forbid)she got elected for president, will she quit then so that the vice president can carry on without distractions? If every elected official quit because of bad press, we would have a hard time keeping positions filled for the full term they were elected for.

Quote:
One factor she cited was the media and political attacks on her, and she suggested that her reason for quitting abruptly was to allow the state to move forward under Parnell without distraction, calling this the "right path for Alaska."

source

In my opinion she quit to get more press rather than quiting because of the press she was getting since she really hasn't been getting too much until she started trying to make waves. This gives her a chance to rant and ratchet up rhetoric without the distraction of the doing the job she was elected for. So far it has pushed her poll numbers down to 40 percent.

Quote:
Palin's surprise announcement she was stepping down 17 months before the end of her first term pushed her favorability rating down to 40 percent, according to a Washington Post-ABC poll. Fifty-three percent of those polled gave her an unfavorable rating.

source
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 06:46 am
"because of the press"??

Watch - she is going to BE part of the press.

I predict some kind of Rush Limbaugh show or tv talk show.

She's no dummy. She knows what side of the bread to butter.

She is too charismatic and good looking - but lacks intellectual depth.
Just right for the media talk shows.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 07:04 am
I predict that this washed up Media Whore will appear on "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!" in 2010. Her ditto-head followers will support her in droves and she will stick it out to end, thus allowing her to claim that she is tough enough to be President of the USA.
0 Replies