She's Officially Gone

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 08:43 am
I reallydon't get the good looking part. She's a nicely groomed librarian at best.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 08:50 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
she has a very attractive mix of hot/cute/girly/spunk.
djjd62

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 08:57 am
i don't get the sexy part either

i imagine she's a major pain in the ass to have to spend any time around, i'm thinking the husbands separatist leanings were part of a subconscious want to get the **** away from her
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 09:04 am
@djjd62,
she is a middle aged Barbie with attitude...a lot of middle aged white guys go for that, and more than a few middle aged white gals aspire to be that.
djjd62

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 09:10 am
@hawkeye10,
being a middle aged white guy, i know a lot of middle aged white guys and most of them are bags of douche, so i guess i'm not surprised they'd go for barbie over a real women

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 09:13 am
@djjd62,
By the time most guys get to be middle aged they have decided that in their experience the fantasy is better than the reality....they will eat up a woman who is willing (in Palin's case eager) to play the fantasy role. This woman can have what ever she wants.
djjd62

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 09:14 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

By the time most guys get to be middle aged they have decided that in their experience the fantasy is better than the reality

ah yes, the very same bags of douche, of which i spoke
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 09:16 am
@hawkeye10,
What city have any of you been mayor of? What state have you been Governor of? I think she accomplished alot and will continue to do so.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 05:04 pm
@TTH,
You don't get it.....when I say that Palin is a middle aged Barbie I mean that as a compliment. She is smart enough to know how to sell herself, which is no small thing. So far as politics goes I don't know enough about her to say, she is new to the lower forty-eight. I do know that she does personal politics well, and I do know that she knows how to play cut throat (do her political opponents in).
TTH

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 05:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
You're right, I didn't get it Laughing (not unusual for me)
roger

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 05:43 pm
@TTH,
If that was a compliment, I wouldn't want to see the insults.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 06:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

There goes that litany again - "scared" - But the fact she quits in the middle of an elected job is to be glossed over, apparently - by some.

Or, she realized she would be more effective elsewhere. Alaska is going nowhere. I still believe liberals are scared of her. She has the charisma as a woman and a Republican that people like to vote for, I believe. She proves that one can serve one's country without going to an elite school, and being raised with a silver spoon in one's mouth. She also has a habit of asking God to bless America. Some people might not like that type of phraseology.
Foofie

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 06:15 pm
@Eva,
Eva wrote:

I had a job I didn't like once...well, I liked the place a lot, just not the work...and I used to threaten them that I was gonna quit, but I wasn't gonna leave.

I think that's what Palin has planned.

I don't think for a minute that we've heard the last of her. She loves the spotlight too much.

And, her country!
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 06:18 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

There goes that litany again - "scared" - But the fact she quits in the middle of an elected job is to be glossed over, apparently - by some.

Or, she realized she would be more effective elsewhere. Alaska is going nowhere. I still believe liberals are scared of her. She has the charisma as a woman and a Republican that people like to vote for, I believe. She proves that one can serve one's country without going to an elite school, and being raised with a silver spoon in one's mouth. She also has a habit of asking God to bless America. Some people might not like that type of phraseology.

She's probably a flash in the pan. When a credible Republican appears (if that ever happens) I don't think even her own party will support her for high office.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 06:18 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

she has a very attractive mix of hot/cute/girly/spunk.

Was the above an original insight? In my opinion, a bulls-eye analysis.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 06:19 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Eva wrote:

I had a job I didn't like once...well, I liked the place a lot, just not the work...and I used to threaten them that I was gonna quit, but I wasn't gonna leave.

I think that's what Palin has planned.

I don't think for a minute that we've heard the last of her. She loves the spotlight too much.

And, her country!

Pardon, while I barf.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 06:45 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

At the moment I don't fear such as she. Of course, if I believed for a moment she could really get elected president, I would fear for even the Republicans.
Gargamel

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 08:21 pm
I have a very strong feeling, and I am usually right about these things, that her next stop is Dancing With the Stars.

And how many second careers has that show launched? She'll be...oh ****, I feel another hunch coming on...the new Oxy-Clean spokesperson, as that one loud guy who used to do 'em recently choked on a hotdog or got crushed by a garage door or something like that.

On the other hand I could see her becoming some sort of recurring character for, say, Dominos ads. You know, like they used to have the Noid? I could see Palin as the Noid II, trying to steal good hardworking folks' pizza and ****.

Everyone will be like: "That Palin', she sure likes her some fuckin' pizza."

In short, the possibilities are endless.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 08:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
I respect her for her accomplishments in Alaska. When she was offered the position of VP candidate, I already knew who she was and I didn't feel she could fill the position of VP. She just didn't have the experience.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 08:25 pm
@TTH,
Alaska is not a real state, they are a ward of the federal government, and the size of a medium large city.