She's Officially Gone

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 09:09 pm
The smartest thing she could do would be to ape Reagan and have every public move choreographed and each statement memorized, after deriving from advisers and speechwriters. She would be perceived as growing and increasing in wisdom.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 09:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
I have said this before but I will say it again because I am still right......she should make the rest of her life about autism.....
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 11:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
Sorry, not that gullible Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 11:40 pm
I'm convinced she's going to make a good amount of money for being Sarah Palin, but not because of some future success.

She really won't be able to handle politics. She quit a job she was hired for.

She would get high ratings doing talk shows, but I think only radio would ultimately benefit from her. A television show would only end up embarrassing a network and creating who knows what kind of liability.

T
K
O
djjd62

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 04:55 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Alaska is not a real state, they are a ward of the federal government, and the size of a medium large city.

to truly be a state you have to touch a state, alaska and hawaii are just glorified territories
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 06:04 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
edgarblythe wrote:

The link- It's dead.

Long live the link
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 06:44 am
@Foofie,
So it is alright to quit a position you were elected for if the state you were elected for is going nowhere?

She also has said she quit because of the drain of her legal expenses on Alaska and for the good Alaska she decided to step down. The investigations started before McCain asked her to be his running mate. Did she not love her country enough to spare the US her legal bills and the distraction created from those legal bills?

Any way you look at it all of her excuses are weak and pathetic but I am not surprised are vigorously defended.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 07:20 am
I think Sara Palin has been very lucky and somehow managed to get the things she wanted....but does not have the depth or character to deal with failure and will just turn and walk away from it instead of facing it and dealing with it. Everytime.

And, not like I'm self centered or delusional enough to think she'd have any interest, I wouldn't **** her with someone elses' dick.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 07:44 am
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:
A television show would only end up embarrassing a network....

I think she might fit right in at Fox:

Fox News graphics department has shaky grasp of Mideast geography

http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/images/item/live-20090727.jpg

(The comments are great.)
ehBeth

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 10:32 am
@DrewDad,
That is funny.
farmerman

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 10:41 am
@ehBeth,
I herd that Egypt was tired of its present neighborhood and was shopping around. That brings the whole mideast closer together.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 10:42 am
@farmerman,
It's going to make things a bit weird in dance class on Wednesday when we try to decide which Middle-Eastern choreo we're going to work on next.

Did they move tribes as well as countries?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 10:48 am
too late sarah, they already hired this girl

0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 11:32 am
I was thinking that Palin's quitting of her job would sink any kind of candidacy for president by her the way Ross Perot's dropping out of the presidential contest as an Independent candidate did for his candidacy for president in '92. The American public's memory is decidedly short term, however, and she may just have a shot at carrying the GOP nomination in '12. She'll be just as destructive to the Republican Party and their bid for the presidency as Perot was back in the day.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 02:14 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Diest TKO wrote:
A television show would only end up embarrassing a network....

I think she might fit right in at Fox:

Fox News graphics department has shaky grasp of Mideast geography

http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/images/item/live-20090727.jpg

(The comments are great.)

And I thought I stunk at geography!! This is outrageous. Are we sure this wasn't another smoke n' mirrors brainwashing ploy of Fox News?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 03:09 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I have watched David Letterman maybe about ten times in all the time he has been on air... Am I gonna weep, rent my clothes and wail in the streets day and night when he is gone? NO... I got a real life to lead and live. Do you think David goes home after a busy day to watch Leno and Conan? Neither do i. Life is too short to be hooked to a tv, that is unless you are a hopeless nobody, then be my guest. I prefer to lead rather than follow. It is not that i don't find his shows entertaining but they do not have enough cerebral content for my taste... I'd rather read the catholic encyclopedia.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 07:08 pm
@RexRed,
what the hell was the point of that post?
farmerman

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 07:34 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Perfectly clear to me. Rex is comparing the modernist v the traditionalist views that Letterman presents in his lectures and he sees the lesser value that pervades our lives by sorption of the "entertainment: that is presented us by Letterman and his elk.

Either that, or hes just suckin on a doobie.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 12:39 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Perfectly clear to me. Rex is comparing the modernist v the traditionalist views that Letterman presents in his lectures and he sees the lesser value that pervades our lives by sorption of the "entertainment: that is presented us by Letterman and his elk.

Either that, or hes just suckin on a doobie.

or sumpin'...and I didn't even know Letterman had an Elk....can you keep them in conneticutt?
0 Replies