The Baseball Thread

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 07:57 pm
Congrats to Homer Bailey who threw a no hitter tonight...and gave up only one walk or he would of had a perfecto too!
panzade

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 08:10 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
First guy to do it consecutively since Nolan Ryan '74-'75.
Awesome.
On a side note Braves are scalping the Marlins or fileting them as the case may be.
Maybe next year kids!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 08:20 pm
@panzade,

price is money tonight...

R(pun not intended)P
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 08:50 pm
Another note...Kershaw is shutting down the Rockies, and it looks like Cuddyer will get one more at bat to try to keep his hit streak alive...and make it to 28 games...
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 09:08 pm
@Region Philbis,
I didn't get him (Price) off my DL list in time mainly 'cause I got confused whether or not I could do it as Yahoo Fantasy League still listed him as DL.
panzade

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 09:18 pm
A final thought...
You oughtta take a gander at a future HOFamer.
Puig was terrific batting and fielding for the Dodgers.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 09:46 pm
@Ragman,
I did not see that myself till today Rags...If your DL guy puts you over the max roster size, you have to drop someone...If you are one man under...you can make the move regardless...in other words, you would of had to drop one player last night in order to have been able to activate Price for today...so as long as you drop one guy, or move another to a DL spot if someone is hurt or does get hurt...(not trying to jinx your team)...you will have Price for his next start...

And once you put a guy on the DL...you can take him off, or even leave him on there once he does come of if you wish...you just have to drop one guy for each guy on the DL spot...each time you wish to take one off...the DL spot is only there to help teams not have to take huge hits if a star goes down...because it allows you to grab a player when one hits the DL...but since it puts you over the max, at the time...they let you do it cause one is not playing...and to then take them off you have to drop a player for each DL spot active...

And you have to do it by about 3 - 4 a.m Eastern time...the day before...so anytime the whole day before up until about 3 or 4 a.m the same day that you want that player activated...
Ticomaya

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 10:51 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
Congrats to Homer Bailey who threw a no hitter tonight...and gave up only one walk or he would of had a perfecto too!

And I'm pretty irritated about that one walk, let me tell you.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 11:24 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Thanks. I eventually figured it was something like that based on the message I was getting.

FWIW, I analyzed who I wanted to drop...on the whole team. and I blew a fuse. It's not like the team is super productive, either. Ultimately I figured that I'd let it happen (leave him on DL), thinking that the 2nd coming of Cy Young would take awhile...at least one turn ... to return to form. Silly me. That cost me in the match today.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 12:07 am
@Ragman,
I totally hear you on that Rags...I have done that many times myself...you never know what to expect, especially from pitchers...it sux that he had a really strong game tonight...and he was on your DL...but at least he did not throw a CG SH...because it looked like he could have, but Tampa didn't push him in his first start back...and not only that, at least you know he is back!
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 05:34 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,

that was the first no-no of 2013?
that's surprising.
seems like there's always one or two in the spring, before the bats start to heat up...
Ragman

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 05:48 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Thanks for the reassurance. At least because he's local I can keep an eye on him, eh?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 06:30 am
@Region Philbis,
My prediction: we'll have another no-hitter soon...prob'ly by the end of July. They travel in pairs or herds.

Boldly, I predict it'll be Price's no-hitter. An, with my luck, I'll have him on the bench on my roster.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 06:36 am
@Ragman,
I'll predict we''l have another no-hitter this year as well but pitched by Nolan Ryan...

on ESPN Classic.
Ragman

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 07:24 am
@tsarstepan,
hahaha!
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 06:25 pm
Chris Davis goes deep again!
Ragman

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 08:01 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I've got a feeling that this season, barring injuries, he's going to be doing that often. In the team locker room he's nicknamed the Hulk (or Lou Ferrigno).
panzade

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 08:10 am
I couldn't figure out what Ricky Nolasco was thinking last night as he faced a great Braves team with a horde of scouts watching his every move.

The Marlins have made it very clear they want to trade him before his value disappears.

He pitched a good game; the Braves were swingin at phantoms.
Probably his last for the Marlins.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 09:41 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
I've got a feeling that this season, barring injuries, he's going to be doing that often. In the team locker room he's nicknamed the Hulk (or Lou Ferrigno).

Yup...probably hits more than 50 this year...I would say 52 or 53...
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 09:00 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,

i hope he's clean and simply figured out how to hit, much like bautista did a few years back...