The Baseball Thread

Ragman

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 04:23 am
@edgarblythe,
I sure hope you got to see the historic 10th. What a gutty bunch of guys. Hats off to the 'Stros!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 04:26 am
Good win. Nothing is given in this series.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 08:52 am
Keuchel watched from the dugout as the Astros and Los Angeles Dodgers combined to hit a World Series record eight homers during Wednesday's Game 2, which ended in a 7-6 Astros victory. After seeing an abundance of long balls at Dodger Stadium during the first two games of the series, the former Cy Young winner didn't mince words in his belief that something fishy is going on.
"I think the balls are juiced, 100 percent," Keuchel said, according to Tyler Kepner of the New York Times. "Major League Baseball wants to put on a show."
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 08:55 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
"I think the balls are juiced, 100 percent," Keuchel said, according to Tyler Kepner of the New York Times. "Major League Baseball wants to put on a show.
better that than the players being juiced, i guess...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 09:18 am
Report: Yankees Part Ways With Joe Girardi As Manager After 10 Years
Sturgis

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 11:09 am
@edgarblythe,
Long overdue. Girardi isn't the worst manager, but, he has brought the Yankees to the edge far too many times. Either get the team to the WS or get out!
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 12:09 pm
@Sturgis,
The Red Sox could've had him.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 12:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The Red Sox could've had him.

No thanks.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2017 12:39 pm
@tsarstepan,
Take their manager. Please.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2017 12:30 pm
If only the Astros could have drafted Flash, Hulk, Plastic Man, Superman and Spider-Man. What a series it would be. As it is, though, it's pretty darned exciting.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 05:44 am
I don't like this behavior.

Major League Baseball will interview Houston Astros first baseman Yuli Gurriel and consider discipline over a gesture he made in the dugout following his home run off Los Angeles Dodgers starter Yu Darvish, according to Tyler Kepner of the New York Times.
In the bottom of the second inning, Gurriel is shown making what appears to be a racially insensitive act towards Darvish. Afterwards, the Astros first baseman acknowledged the gesture, saying through an interpreter that he didn't mean to offend anyone and that he respects Japanese people, per Sportsnet's Hazel Mae.
Related: Darvish says Gurriel deserves punishment for 'disrespectful' gesture
Gurriel is expected to make a statement on Saturday ahead of Game 4. He finished the game going 2-for-5 with the aforementioned home run and a double
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 08:12 am
@edgarblythe,
The sob ought to be traded or fired. If it turns the series around, that's tough.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 02:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
He will miss games next season.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 04:23 pm
Yankees blurb: According to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic, former Yankees utility man Jerry Hairston Jr. is being connected with the managerial opening.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 08:27 pm
@edgarblythe,

not a bright thing to do.

the only reason he wasn't suspended for the rest of the series is that the appeals process would have delayed things...
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 08:58 pm
@Region Philbis,
He received a wild ovation at tonight's game.
Kolyo

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 10:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

He received a wild ovation at tonight's game.

Wow.

I don't think he necessarily had to be banned. I think a suspension was enough. But he got an ovation for what he did? Good God!
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 10:58 pm
@Kolyo,
I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2017 03:49 am
@edgarblythe,

i'd like to think the ovation was for the dinger, not for what he did after...
Ragman

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2017 06:51 pm
@Region Philbis,
Ordinarily, I'd just dismiss fan response of this event as a celebration of his success at the plate. However, I'm reminded of who or what occupies the White House.
0 Replies