The Great Big A2K Fantasy Football Thread for 2009-2010!

ElStudHoncho

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 09:53 pm
I got 4 of my first 7 picks. Didn't get the defense I wanted. Have Eli and Thigpen as QB's (I think Thigpen is a sleeper), Jason Whitten at TE. Hopefully WR Roy Williams will be healthy by game time. Didn't get my top choices for RB. May be taking a chance selecting Ahmad Bradshaw as an RB but he has sure looked good in pre-season. Probably need to be looking for a second kicker.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 10:17 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
Blame it on that scoundrel Tico, Maporsche. He said he always drafts a QB, a K and a DEF early.

I'm sure you must be mistaken. I would never intentionally mislead a newbie ...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 10:18 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
Tico: 1570 FP's last year. Zero rookies this go-round. Just one QB.

Nope, I've got two QBs.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 03:37 am
Ooh I should probably check my roster. Embarrassed

Still mentally in baseball mode.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 06:28 am
ESPN just reported that Patriots LB Teddy Bruschi is retiring.
I hope nobody had him on their team.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 01:04 pm
I decided to look at last year's fantasy points for starters only, including defense and kicker. This ought to give a better picture as to where people are actually at.

I only had time to do a couple, but look how close we are -

Tico - 1312
Cyclo - 1384
RJB - 1349
Fox - 1292
ElStud - 1046

Some teams are hampered in this by having rookies as starters, but for the most part, our starting lineups are pretty damn close.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 06:56 pm
Hey Everyone,

Long time no talk. Sorry I missed you all at the draft but I was out of town and didn't make it back on time. That said, I am very happy with my team. Now I'm just waiting for opening kick off!
JPB

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 06:59 pm
@jpinMilwaukee,
WHOA!!! jp sighting.

Hope all is well, jp. Good to see you.
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 07:00 pm
I made what may be the 1st roster change: dropping JAX Defense against Indy and picking up New Orleans Def against Detroit.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 07:02 pm
@JPB,
Yes he's been AWOL somewhat, but somehow his team always manages to show up to beat up on the Owls. As his baseball team is doing now.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 07:04 pm
@JPB,
Things are good. Had a really tough trimester that I am now very thankfully over with. Took a little hit in my GPA this tri... damn tumors all look the same on xrays...

How about you? Any Chicago outings lately?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 07:24 pm
Yes, JP, there was a meet in Chicago just a week ago. I didn't make it but there are some great pics from those that did.
So....in addition to the Fantasy Thread, there is the A2K NFL "Pick-um" thread back for our 6th season. It takes all of 5 minutes a week to post your picks of the winning teams. You will be competing against players who, in some cases, couldn't tell one end of a football from the other.
I hope that you and Cyclop will consider playing (I have already nagged JPB, who is playing hard to get). I am up to 21 folks indicating an interest. No pre-registration is required but I am asking folks to let me know so I can lay out my scorecard.
The thread on A2K is "Ha, ha. It's back! The A2K NFL..."
jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 08:01 pm
@realjohnboy,
Yeah johnboy I'll sign up. Could you send me a email again though, I can't find the one you sent me.
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 08:11 pm
@jpinMilwaukee,
No signing up on Yahoo or ESPN is needed! Click on my name and you will see my recent posts, including "Ha, Ha! It's back..."
The schedule for the 1st week is there along with chatter from us.
I will be bumping the schedule soon to the top, I hope of a page. You get post position #22, by the way.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 08:15 pm
@jpinMilwaukee,
Here's the link to the pick-um thread JP (or anybody else who just wants to join us for the fun):

http://able2know.org/topic/135413-5#post-3745889

Just get in the thread and say you're in and....well....you're in.
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 08:23 pm
@Foxfyre,
Thank you, Fox, for the linking. I swear I will learn how to do that. Cicerone has sent me instructions several times, but I never get around to it.
jespah

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 03:37 am
@realjohnboy,
Tico, I got your note. I need to mull.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 02:02 pm
Yahoo lists "Projected Fantasy Points" for members of our rosters. The numbers can change due to injuries, roster changes on our part, etc.
Here are the total projected fantasy points as of 9/2 for Week #1:
'Necks (85) - Gerbils (70) ... a difference of [15]
Cyclo (92) - Tico (85) ... [7]
Fox (72) - JPinMilw (93) ... [21]
Alex (75) - Fbaezer (80) ... [5]
McGentrix (79) - Osso (78) ... [1]
George (84) - Mysteryman (73) ... [11]
Rhyss (76) - Jespah (69) ... [7]
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 06:20 pm
@realjohnboy,
We'll see. I have some high hopes for a couple of my sleepers. However one of my top picks hasn't signed yet and another will be on suspension for the first three weeks of the regular season. That's not good. (Shades of Brandon Marshall last year.)
0 Replies

ElStudHoncho

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 09:59 pm
My year doesn't look real promising, but we'll see. The Mighty Gerbils are tough little characters.