The Great Big A2K Fantasy Football Thread for 2009-2010!

fbaezer

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 04:54 pm
Locanda delle Fate (The Fairies' Inn) is not supposed to scare anybody:

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/126s/223795.jpg
0 Replies

ElStudHoncho

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 07:40 pm
Ya'll just go ahead and do your trash talkin'..............the Mighty Gerbils are staying in the shadows with gnashing teeth and will do their talkin' on the field!!
Don't forget....we won the regular season last year........
realjohnboy

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 07:43 pm
As yall know, I am a dumb redneck from deep in the hollow here in the mountains of VA. I live in a single wide trailer on an overgrown plot of land with my truck up on cinderblocks. And tied to the axle with a chain is my hound. She does not like any of yall.
For some unknown reason she developed a healthy hatred for Fbaezer. She would gnaw through her chains and take off a running.
Well, she is a year older now and a little slower. No more running through god-forsaken places like NM and into Mexico, where the drivers are maniacs and people can't even have the decency to speak English.
This year she will catch the Amtrak up to Boston, latte drinking snobs. She will attack each of the 3 of you when you are least expecting it. Repeatedly. Be forewarned.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 07:44 pm
@jespah,
And the dog paws will take the right ankles. Oh, wait, sandscamps.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 07:52 pm
@realjohnboy,
I'll just have to admit, I've a crush on the whachacallits, the Locanda delle Fate or something like that. This is of course useless. But he keeps sending me music.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 09:17 pm
@realjohnboy,
We do too speak Englush hare in New Mexico. We just don't speak it with no ax'-sceunt.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 09:24 pm
@realjohnboy,
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. Slit eyes at the displeasure about the latte drinking snobs. My people.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 11:16 pm
I wonder who won this last year?
jespah

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 03:55 am
@Foxfyre,
Latte?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 02:34 pm
@ElStudHoncho,
ElStudHoncho wrote:

And you were doing fine until you ran into my 134 points in the semis, and you ended up in 4th place -- which, coincidentally, was where I finished the regular season.

But the trophy doesn't go to the winner of the regular season. Fantasy football is a marathon, not a sprint. You have to finish strong if you expect to carry home the hardware.
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 02:34 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:
I wonder who won this last year?

No latte drinking snob, I assure you.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 02:42 pm
If you have any plans to increase the number of players, let me know.
realjohnboy

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 02:59 pm
@maporsche,
No, Maporsche, we will not be expanding this league beyond 14 players for reasons discussed earlier. But...if there is interest, there could certainly be a 2nd A2K league. You would need to find a commissioner who would set up the thing. Tico or JPinMilw could, perhaps, help with that.
I would be willing to help you troll for the 8 or more players you would need.
maporsche

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 03:33 pm
@realjohnboy,
I could manage a 2nd A2K league if there is interest. I already commish a few leagues, so I'm familiar with the requirements.

I'll set it up tonight, and post the info here. Hope everyone is ok with Yahoo.
realjohnboy

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 03:43 pm
@maporsche,
Awesome! Go for it. Sports has not been an area of big interest on A2K. Let me know if I can be of help in trolling for players.
0 Replies

ElStudHoncho

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:40 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

ElStudHoncho wrote:

And you were doing fine until you ran into my 134 points in the semis, and you ended up in 4th place -- which, coincidentally, was where I finished the regular season.

But the trophy doesn't go to the winner of the regular season. Fantasy football is a marathon, not a sprint. You have to finish strong if you expect to carry home the hardware.

Ok...now you've done it!! You went and hurt our little feelin's.............
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:45 pm
@maporsche,
I'll help too Maporsche. It would be fun to have two leagues. Wish there was some way to figure out a way to have a super bowl playoff between them at the end. Smile
jespah

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:54 pm
@Foxfyre,
That would be really great.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 07:20 pm
The Steve Largent Tribute League has officially been created.
http://fantasy.foxsports.com/fantasy/football/commissioner/939142/

Ok, I couldn't put the league in Yahoo (I already have 4 teams, so it wouldn't let me have any more).

It's on MSN now. The setup on MSN (or Fox Sports) is very similar to yahoo. I sort of like it better, but all my buddies use yahoo, so most of my leagues are there.

The link is above, the password is "steve".

If that doesn't work, please PM me your email address and I'll invite you.

Let's get it on!
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 07:21 pm
@Foxfyre,
That would be funny.
0 Replies