The Great Big A2K Fantasy Football Thread for 2009-2010!

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 11:13 pm
Could we get a list of teams in the league with their A2K managers names? I haven't figured out who everybody is yet.

And I may kick myself for taking Brees before Peterson (which cost me Peterson), but after suffering all last year with substandard quarterbacks, I didn't want to lose the #1 fantasy pick this year. And I got the defense I wanted. Of course everybody else probably sucks, but I'm hoping some will step up to the plate and surprise me.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 11:20 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Here are the 14 teams and the managers:
ABQ Hoot Owls led by Fox. One of 3 NM based teams
Chargers kept charged up by Mysteryman;
Skinny Tough Puppies herded by Jespah. One of 3 Boston area teams;
Ticomaniacs directed by the ever modest Tico;
Abq Sandscamps under the master: Osso;
Cycloteam run by west coast Cyclo;
Goin' Deep with JPinMilw calling the shots;
Locanda delle Fate from Mexico City with Fbaezer at the helm;
Rappin Rednecks with the brilliant Johnboy in control;
Small town Saupers - the team Alex is crafting together;
Turf Monkeys piloted by McGentrix;
Jamaican Mecrazy with Rhyss Pieces convinced he can beat his dad;
Newton Scroops with George convinced he can beat his son;
Fighting Gerbils with ElStud convinced he...oh nevermind.

That is my list, Fox.
Foxfyre

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 11:28 pm
@realjohnboy,
Danke. So we're off and running next week?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 09:37 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Could we get a list of teams in the league with their A2K managers names? I haven't figured out who everybody is yet.

And I may kick myself for taking Brees before Peterson (which cost me Peterson), but after suffering all last year with substandard quarterbacks, I didn't want to lose the #1 fantasy pick this year. And I got the defense I wanted. Of course everybody else probably sucks, but I'm hoping some will step up to the plate and surprise me.

You may have made the right choice in the end. Peterson is a machine, but I'm worried he might get injured, and Brees scores tons of points, every week.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 09:54 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

RJB's list is good, but you can also see the list on the "managers" link under the "League" tab on the Yahoo site.

Quote:
And I may kick myself for taking Brees before Peterson ...

I'm willing to bet you do ... but you should take the player you want, that way you're happy with that selection (unless you get buyer's remorse later). Peterson is probably taken off the board in the first pick on most drafts. As Cyclops said, his average draft position is 1.1. Brees' ADP is 16.95. You wouldn't have gotten Brees for your second pick.

You had an interesting draft strategy in picking your kicker and defense in the early rounds. Most conventional wisdom says wait until the later rounds to pick those positions. This is your year to prove them wrong, Foxy.

But you do have your work cut out for you: one of your starting WRs hasn't yet signed a contract with his team, and your #2 RB is suspended for several games to start the season.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 09:58 am
@Ticomaya,
Quote:

But you do have your work cut out for you: one of your starting WRs hasn't yet signed a contract with his team, and your #2 RB is suspended for several games to start the season.

Shh! lol

I saw your guy McFadden play the other day, he's looking healthy this year. Now, if Felix Jones steps up...

Cycloptichorn
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 10:17 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I saw your guy McFadden play the other day, he's looking healthy this year. Now, if Felix Jones steps up...

I hope he stays that way. I'm pretty sure Jones will have a good year ... a great year if Barber gets hurt.

I think Ochocinco was a good pick too ... based on his preseason, whatever that's worth. I was targeting him and would have taken him that round if you hadn't.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 10:34 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

I hope he stays that way. I'm pretty sure Jones will have a good year ... a great year if Barber gets hurt.

I think Ochocinco was a good pick too ... based on his preseason, whatever that's worth. I was targeting him and would have taken him that round if you hadn't.

I almost didn't, he majorly disappointed me in the last season I had him. But, Carson Palmer is looking healthy, and there's really nobody else for him to throw to (other than Chris Henry), so he ought to get a few touches.

You scored with both Rice and Slayton.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 11:10 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

And I may kick myself for taking Brees before Peterson (which cost me Peterson)

Wait, what!, you took Drew Brees over Adrian Peterson? There are at least 5 players that I'd pick over Brees (and likely, 15 others beyond that).

Foxy, Foxy, Foxy [shakes head]. For your sake, I hope Brees throws for 6000 yards and 60 TDs.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 11:27 am
@maporsche,
Blame it on that scoundrel Tico, Maporsche. He said he always drafts a QB, a K and a DEF early.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 11:31 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Foxfyre wrote:

Wait, what!, you took Drew Brees over Adrian Peterson? There are at least 5 players that I'd pick over Brees (and likely, 15 others beyond that).

Foxy, Foxy, Foxy [shakes head]. For your sake, I hope Brees throws for 6000 yards and 60 TDs.

Not only that, the person with the second pick took someone else too! I couldn't ******* believe it.

Cycloptichorn
mysteryman

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 11:55 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
Not only that, the person with the second pick took someone else too! I couldn't ******* believe it.

What I havent figured out (and I'm not complaining about it, because it was to my advantage), is how I managed to get Peyton Manning.
I had the 9th pick in the first round, and he was still available.So I snapped him up.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 12:00 pm
@mysteryman,
I had Peyton for a couple or three years. He did well for me. I understand, though, that the Indy team is in a bit of a turmoil right now. New coaching staff, players going and coming...
Rockhead

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 12:01 pm
@realjohnboy,
no Marvin...
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 12:10 pm
@Rockhead,
sooo, Rockhead, are you going to play in the NFL Pick-Um game on A2K this year? We are up to 21 participants so far.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 12:41 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Foxfyre wrote:

Well thanks for your good wishes. Again I struggled all last year with inadequate quarterbacks and a weak defense and decided I would change strategy this year. We'll see if it pays off.

Brees I think may be the most underrated quarterback in the NFL, but almost all the fantasy experts had him rated as the #1 pick over all players to get fantasy points this year. We'll know soon enough if their (and my) faith was well placed.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 12:42 pm
@realjohnboy,
And, as I recall (and he'll modestly advise us from time to time) he won the league quite handily last year. Smile
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 01:59 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

maporsche wrote:

Foxfyre wrote:

Well thanks for your good wishes. Again I struggled all last year with inadequate quarterbacks and a weak defense and decided I would change strategy this year. We'll see if it pays off.

Brees I think may be the most underrated quarterback in the NFL, but almost all the fantasy experts had him rated as the #1 pick over all players to get fantasy points this year. We'll know soon enough if their (and my) faith was well placed.

Tell him to throw all his TDs this year to Lance Moore Laughing

He's an excellent QB, and if APeterson and Turner had gone first and second, I might have picked him. It was either him or Matt Forte.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 03:48 pm
This isnt football related, but...

Chula Vista Ca has just defeated Chinese Taipei 6-3 to win the Little League World Series in Williamsport Pa.
It was one hell of a good game to watch.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 04:37 pm
So, I invited my team over to my house for a get-together. They were, I think, there for the 1st time. All new players for me.
God, those guys are big and they can eat. The cows and the horses moved to the far side of the field. The guys even ate the vegan food.

This is amusing:
Johnboy's roster this year scored 1748 Fantasy Points last year (excluding K and Def). He has one rookie and, along with Tico, only one QB.
Alex's guys scored 1584 FP last year. He has 2 rookies and a 2nd QB, which inflates his number.
Tico: 1570 FP's last year. Zero rookies this go-round. Just one QB.
Fbaezer: 1552 with no rookies.
McGentrix: 1536 and no newbies.
George: 1544 with no new guys.
JPinMilw: 1490 with -0- rookies.
Cyclo: 1451 with -2- new friends.
Rhys: 1309 and -0-.
Fox: 1289 and -3-.
Osso: 1233 and -2-.
Mysteryman: 1207 and -0-.
ElStud: 1121 and -2-.
Jespah: 935 and -0- (But she is banking on Brady coming back at QB after a season-ending injury last season).