The Great Big A2K Fantasy Football Thread for 2009-2010!

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 06:28 pm
Only Cyclo amongst us has a player involved in tonight's Colts-Jaguars game: Reggie Wayne (WR) who is projected to score 12 fantasy points.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 06:53 pm
@realjohnboy,
I've player decisions to make before game time Sunday - but (quails) I'm playing Cyclo. As I temporarily posted, where is my bi-plane to his bicycle..
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 07:49 pm
Oops. McGentrix has Maurice Jones-Drew in his line-up tonight. 17 FP's projected.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 08:05 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Oops. McGentrix has Maurice Jones-Drew in his line-up tonight. 17 FP's projected.

*crosses fingers*

He's been in a slump lately,
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 10:47 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Only Cyclo amongst us has a player involved in tonight's Colts-Jaguars game: Reggie Wayne (WR) who is projected to score 12 fantasy points.

Kablam!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 12:19 pm
Here is a bit of an update on the matches. I have adjusted the Fantasy Point projections to reflect the results in Thursday night's game.
Johnboy (91) holds a slim edge over Jespah (86);
Cyclo (98) leads over Osso (76);
Tico (110!) is on paper in command over Fbaezer (91). Tico has Romo as his QB tonight;
McGentrix (93) has a a lead over Fox (90). Fox has Brees as her QB later today.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 03:59 pm
I did the same exercise today (I am kind of snowed in and bored) through the completed early games. I took the projected fantasy points for each of us and adjusted that for actual fantasy points for our guys after the games completed.
I have:
Johnboy leading Jespah 75-70. We both have had rough starts.
Osso clinging to a 97-94 margin over Cyclo.
Tico stretching to a 120-91 edge over Fbaezer.
McGentrix hurting Fox 93-73.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 07:36 pm
@realjohnboy,
Updating through the late games using the same math:
Johnboy leads Jespah 96-86. I am out of players. She has 2 left with FP projections of 10 in total.
Cyclo is ahead of Osso 125-112 and it is not looking good for her in the remaining games.
Tico is topping Fbaezer 111-85 and he has 1 game left.
McGentrix has a commanding lead over Fox by 123-58.
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:24 am
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
Tico is topping Fbaezer 111-85 and he has 1 game left.

I actually had 110 points when I went to bed, and woke up this morning with 106.

???
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:34 am
@Ticomaya,
My projection of 111 was based on ACTUAL FP's you had collected as of the time I wrote that + PROJECTED FP's for the game you still had a player in. Your guy Shiancoe came in 5 under the projection.
I don't know about the drop from 110 you say you had down to 106.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 03:56 pm
By my calculations through the early games:
Johnboy's guys were projected to get 65 FP's. They got 56. Down 9.
Tico: projected: 41. actual: 38. Down 3.
Not looking good for the Rednecks.

Cyclo: projected: 49. actual: 31. Down 18.
McGentrix: projected: 57. actual 37. Down 20.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:12 pm
@realjohnboy,
I'm sunk!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:20 pm
I feel your pain.
Tico vs McGentrix.
McGentrix

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 08:10 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

I feel your pain.
Tico vs McGentrix.

As it should be. Smile
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 08:36 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
realjohnboy wrote:
I feel your pain.
Tico vs McGentrix.

As it should be. Smile

Yes, indeed. Very Happy

Good game RJB. I wasn't following the Yahoo scores through the day, just watching the games and the scrolling score updates. It seemed to me that you were scoring lots of TDs, and I was just mainly getting yards and not TD. I did not expect to see my score as high as it was when I peeked this morning. I lucked out, and my defense had a cherry matchup.

Way to go, McG. Bad timing for Cyclops, for sure.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 09:19 am
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
Way to go, McG. Bad timing for Cyclops, for sure.

Yup - my worst weekend of the entire year. It was absolutely, terribly maddening to see the Colts bench Manning and Wayne in the 3rd quarter of a game they were losing. Maddening.

Losing Owen Daniels and Ronnie Brown to injury hurt my season as well. Oh well; great game this year, guys!

Tico, your strategy of Boldin-Fitz really worked out, despite the odds. Warner is a beast.

Cycloptichorn
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 09:53 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Yup - my worst weekend of the entire year. It was absolutely, terribly maddening to see the Colts bench Manning and Wayne in the 3rd quarter of a game they were losing. Maddening

I'm sure. But it wasn't completely unexpected considering their history of sitting starters at the end of the regular season, when they are assured a playoff berth. Still, you'd think the perfect season thing might have kept them in the whole game. But the coach benched them while they were winning, right?

Quote:
Tico, your strategy of Boldin-Fitz really worked out, despite the odds. Warner is a beast.

You got that right. If he'd missed much time at all, I was gonna be in trouble with Matty throwing the ball around.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 10:01 am
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
Quote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Yup - my worst weekend of the entire year. It was absolutely, terribly maddening to see the Colts bench Manning and Wayne in the 3rd quarter of a game they were losing. Maddening

I'm sure. But it wasn't completely unexpected considering their history of sitting starters at the end of the regular season, when they are assured a playoff berth. Still, you'd think the perfect season thing might have kept them in the whole game. But the coach benched them while they were winning, right?
[/quote]

I think they were up by 5 when they benched them, and the backup QB proceeded to totally suck it up for the rest of the game while the Jets scored a few times in a row. I think they got 0 yards of offense on the first 9 plays he was in the game, and after the Jets scored two in a row, kept the guy in. Totally frustrating.

I don't mind benching players, but the players obviously hated it - they looked miserable on the sideline, having to sit while their team was losing, because the coach didn't care about winning the game.

The benching was also inconsistent, as other starters remained in the game - only the 'stars' were benched. One would think the coach would realize that if they lose a few starters on their O-line, the playoffs would go bad for the team.

Quote:
You got that right. If he'd missed much time at all, I was gonna be in trouble with Matty throwing the ball around.

Yup, that guy's no good. Watching Vince beat him AGAIN on a last-second drive was a highlight of my football season.

Cycloptichorn
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 11:30 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Yup, that guy's no good. Watching Vince beat him AGAIN on a last-second drive was a highlight of my football season.

lol ... forgot you're a Longhorn.

Fitz got his lowest fantasy points of the year that game.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 11:49 am
@Ticomaya,
My vote for dumbest quote of the year:

Ticomaya wrote:
But Larry Johnson ... at pick 6 in Round 9 (118th pick) = Steal of the Draft

Dumbest drop:
Code:Sep 28 11:28am Sidney Rice (Min - WR) Drop Ticomaniacs Waivers
0 Replies