The Great Big A2K Fantasy Football Thread for 2009-2010!

ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2009 04:03 pm
@realjohnboy,
I pay little attention to all that - some of you had guys scoring in the thirties..
They had m'scamps at 79 last week and the final number was 91.
May my numbers always appreciate.

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 05:23 pm
@ossobuco,
Duly noted about the projected fantasy points being probably meaningless, but here they are anyway:
Johnboy (88) vs Fbaezer (70)
Cyclo (96) vs McGentrix (95)
Tico (75) vs Alex (62)
Fox (77) vs Jespah (80)
George (56) vs JPinMilw (61)
Rhyss (78) vs Osso (66)
ElStud (72) vs Mysteryman (68)

We all must pay attention as the bye weeks and injuries kick in. JPinMilw found himself w/o a QB this week. He went shopping. Slim pickings. Tico and Alex have, combined, 3 empty slots.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 06:59 pm
26 FP's from the New Orleans defense vs the NY Jets. Sweet.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 07:02 pm
@realjohnboy,
Good grief.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 07:52 pm
Forget that, the Niners defense scored 39 today. Unreal.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 07:53 pm
@ossobuco,
Tico with SF's Defense racked up 39 FP's against Alex!
ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 09:42 pm
@realjohnboy,
I'm a dyed in the wool sf fan, but 39?

Smiles.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 07:56 am
@realjohnboy,
Slim pickings is right... and it didn't help much. I thought I was going to have a really good team this year and have instead been stinking it up all over the place.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 09:35 am
Crash and burn. Here we go again. The first week, Scaupers racked up eighty one points. I had hope.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 03:31 pm
It looks like Cyclo will remain undefeated after this week. We must crush him.
Johnboy will, I think, end up in 2nd place. Perhaps not.
I had an injured RB and needed to go shopping for a new one quickly. I found Rashard Mendenhall of Pittsburgh, who had a rough start to the season as a backup to the starter, Willie Parker. Rashard, drafted in 2008, seemed to be a bit of a slacker. Parker has been hurt and after Rashard got quite publicly criticized by the coach in week #3, he comes back in week #4 and scores 30 Fantasy Points.
Which leads to this question to you coaches. What do you do when a long time starter (like the aging Parker) comes back from an injury while some young stud (like Rashard) turns some heads?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 03:39 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

I had an injured RB and needed to go shopping for a new one quickly. I found Rashard Mendenhall of Pittsburgh, who had a rough start to the season as a backup to the starter, Willie Parker. Rashard, drafted in 2008, seemed to be a bit of a slacker. Parker has been hurt and after Rashard got quite publicly criticized by the coach in week #3, he comes back in week #4 and scores 30 Fantasy Points.
Which leads to this question to you coaches. What do you do when a long time starter (like the aging Parker) comes back from an injury while some young stud (like Rashard) turns some heads?

I'd go back to the long-time starter. The team usually does. Your biggest problem is that this seems to lead to the Running Back by Committee setup - great for teams, terrible for fantasy coaches.

See ya in week 6

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 04:58 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

I'm not dead yet and I do have a lead...
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 05:06 pm
@McGentrix,
Indeed, McGentrix. I hope you drive a stake through his heart.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 05:10 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Indeed, McGentrix. I hope you drive a stake through his heart.

Get used to disappointment. Unless Adrian Peterson has a REALLY bad day...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 05:15 pm
Hey everybody. Is there anyway to look back and see how our guys did this past weekend. We were in internet hell over the entire weekend and didn't get to check in on our teams. It appears El Stud and I both won, but we don't know why. Is there any way to tell?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 05:19 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Hey everybody. Is there anyway to look back and see how our guys did this past weekend. We were in internet hell over the entire weekend and didn't get to check in on our teams. It appears El Stud and I both won, but we don't know why. Is there any way to tell?

Sure. Go to the 'Matchup' screen and you should see this week's matchup.

Scroll down to the bottom and you will see 'Matchups' and then a list of numbers, Week 1 2 3 4 5 et cetera.

Click on the week you want, and a new list of matchups comes up; then click on the specific one to see how you did.

In both of your cases, an awesome performance from your TE was the key.

Let me know if that doesn't work, and I'll take screenshots.

Cheers
Cycloptichorn
jespah

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 05:23 pm
@Foxfyre,
You beat me 75 - 50. El Stud (the Gerbils) beat the Chargers, 61 - 50. Congrats to you both.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 05:36 pm
@jespah,
The Scamps face the dreaded Gerbils this week...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2009 08:02 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Foxfyre wrote:

Sure. Go to the 'Matchup' screen and you should see this week's matchup.

Scroll down to the bottom and you will see 'Matchups' and then a list of numbers, Week 1 2 3 4 5 et cetera.

Click on the week you want, and a new list of matchups comes up; then click on the specific one to see how you did.

In both of your cases, an awesome performance from your TE was the key.

Let me know if that doesn't work, and I'll take screenshots.

That's right.

You can also click on "My Team" at the top, then select Week number 4 (or any week), and it will display your team's stats for that week, including bench players.

(If you do, you will see you should have started Trent Edwards this past week, and not Brees. Didn't see that coming, did you?)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2009 08:50 am
I have placed Olsen, TE-Chicago on the trading block. He is a good TE, owned by 82% of the players that play Yahoo FF. I am looking for a WR to replace him with. If interested, please let me know.
0 Replies