Toronto, August 21-23: Anyone interested in meeting up?

Joeblow

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 05:30 am
@Joeblow,
Yeah. Scratch that.

BUT, maybe you'll get lucky with that part of it all.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 06:35 am
@Joeblow,
long range? we're heading out to Kingston to meet Thomas this afternoon - I need good short range
ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 06:36 am
@ehBeth,
Sunday looks good right now - high of 21 -that'd work for me.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 07:14 am
@ehBeth,
Yeah. I clued in this morning. I think I was going on Mon morning's fcast of 24 and sunny after today.

Safe driving - have fun. Regards to your dad - I hope to meet him one day.

0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 02:31 pm
Thanks for all the info, ehBeth. Looking forward to Sunday. It sounds like the crowds could be substantial. Is it better to park far far away and subway/bus it, do you think?
Setanta

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 08:12 pm
@Tai Chi,
Since you didn't get your answer--yes. The TTC puts on extra street cars just for the purpose.
Tai Chi

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 07:06 am
@Setanta,
Thanks, Set, will do.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 07:46 am
I understand Thomas has slipped across the border, and is now lurking in Kingston--at least, that was the ugly rumor last night . . .
ehBeth

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 10:47 am
@Setanta,
brendalee and I raced to Kingston in advance of the tornado watch Shocked as Thomas was driving toward it Shocked

I dropped brendalee off at her mother's, went in to catch up with Thomas and hamburger.

All three of us ended up sleeping in the basement with flashlights, the crank radio, cell phones and the emergency weather station thingie. Thomas slept in Bailey's bed, I slept on Cleo's sofa, hamburger got the big bed. As it all should be.

We heard the thunder but slept through most of the monster storm.

<coughs> as brendalee was getting out of the car last night, she hit the <cough> window button

the back seat of my car was a bit <cough> damp this morning

We've had a quick tour of Kingston and are about to take a Wolfe Island ferry ride. More photos will be taken.

Tonight, Thomas and I head to Toronto - in advance of the CNE adventure!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 11:10 am
I'm glad you all survived the storm. (Except the car upholstery perhaps.)

Looking forward to pics...
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 11:46 am
@mac11,
I'm glad, too!

Quote:
One person has been killed, and many buildings damaged and flights cancelled or delayed at Toronto's Pearson International Airport.

Trees were strewn throughout the southwestern Ontario town of Durham after a possible tornado touchdown, and the West Grey Police Services said one person was killed there during the storm.

There also were funnel cloud sightings in the towns of Vaughan and Newmarket, both north of Toronto, where roofs were torn off homes and there was a power outage.

At least one car was seen flipped over in a shopping centre's parking lot.

Officials said a tornado also hit the resort town of Blue Mountain, about 125 miles (200 kilometres) north of Toronto, causing heavy damage and closing a highway.

A meteorologist for Environment Canada said the weather system is heading northeast of Toronto and warned of more possible twisters.

0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 12:52 pm
I just looked up Wolfe Island. Looks great!

Pic-tures! Pic-tures!

Setanta

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 12:59 pm
@Joeblow,
We drove from one end of it to t'other one fine summer day, with the little doggies. They only liked the parts where we go out of the car.
Joeblow

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 01:23 pm
@Setanta,
Did you get out of the car very often?

Do you have pictures?

Setanta

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 01:30 pm
@Joeblow,
We stopped about three or four times. At one end of the island, there was a park that belongs to the queen or one of her hired thugs, i think they wanted $16 to get in, so we went elsewhere.

I dunno about pics . . . but i suspect The Girl has about a half-a-dozen million pics . . . she has that disease. It would just be a matter of finding them. Unfortunately, when the old box crapped out, she lost a lot of files that didn't get put onto the dvds the nerds at the store gave us.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 03:50 pm
@Setanta,
photos - of course I have photos - and the one thing the nerds saved was the photos - that I'd already saved <sigh>

got a few pix today - in between bits of rain - it's turned into a lovely day

brendalee turned Thomas onto Timmy's. He may have to leave Joisey and move to the land of Timmy's.
Setanta

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 03:51 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
brendalee turned Thomas onto Timmy's. He may have to leave Joisey and move to the land of Timmy's.

That Brendalee is a very bad girl . . .

. . . OH MY GOD . . . you'll never get him away from the X . . .
ehBeth

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 04:08 pm
@Setanta,
mini donuts

he doesn't know about them yet

or the waffle ice cream sandwiches

I did tell him that Martin has been doing squats, preparing his legs for the walking

Brendalee told him about how they slaughter and skin beavers to make beaver tails. He thinks he could learn to do this.
Izzie

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 06:20 pm
@ehBeth,
OH OH OH... catching up on this thread.... hoping y'all having a great time... reading back Very Happy

edit: OMGAWSH - big storms, damp cars and mini donuts!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.... have a fun weekend on t'other side of the border - love and hugs to all xxxx

pics.... pics.... pics.... Razz
Tai Chi

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 06:34 pm
@Izzie,
Be still my heart! For a moment I thought I was gonna get to meet Izzie too!

(Re: Thomas and the ubiquitous doughnut chain -- you didn't actually make him drink the coffee, did you?)