BERNIE MADOFF GETS 150 YEARS-DOW UP

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 10:07 am
At least he can take comfort that he didnt get life. Bernie is a typical antisocial deviant personality. He feels no remorse and hes only sorry for himself. MAY HE ROT IN PRISON .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 3,172 • Replies: 50
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 10:09 am
from CNN

"Alan Ellis, attorney and author of the "Federal Prison Guidebook," believes that Madoff will probably get sent to Federal Correctional Institute Otisville or FCI Ray Brook, both in upstate New York, FCI Fairton in New Jersey or FCI McKean in Pennsylvania."

through him in with the general population at Rikers
farmerman

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 10:13 am
@djjd62,
let him meet the Muslim Brotherhood
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 10:17 am
@djjd62,
Ive got no sympathy for this felon. I hope that he gets some psychiatric help so he can learn to empathise with those hes detroyed.
I hope they open a website for "rot in Hell" wishes for Bernie, so he can view and see that hes not well liked and will serve as a model of evil for generations.

We need to coin a term like "Ponzi" for Ernie. "DOING A BERNIE" could be a term that means one is thoughtlessly ******* another human being without any thoughts or remorse.
Ragman

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 11:02 am
@farmerman,
Madoff gets maximum 150 years while listening to Ed McMahon sing 'Thriller' while his hands are tied and forced to stare at the swimsuit poster of Farrah Fawcett-Majors.

Seriously I sure hope that he's being forced to fork over cent he has. I understand that his wife can keep 2.5 million.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 11:39 am
I've no sympathy for Madoff.

At age 71, the 150 year sentence virtually assures that he will die in prison.

I won't argue that this is unfair, because even if he was sentenced to 25 years he would likely die in prison, but I do wonder about the justice of a 150 year sentence in light of sentencing for other crimes.

If he were 25 years old, would justice be served if he spent the rest of his life in jail?

The average sentence for murder is 244 months or 20.3 years with the average time served at 127 months or 10.6 years

The average sentence for rape is 123 months or 10.3 years with average time served at 67 months or 5.6 years

Source: http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/index.htm

The average sentence for securities and exchange fraud is just under 5 years.
We can assume the average time served is something less.

Source: http://www.totalcriminaldefense.com/crimes-a-z/white-collar/default.aspx

Again, no sympathy for Madoff, but it seems to me that as reprehensible as his crime was, it is not the equivalent of and certainly not worse than murder.

It's his tough luck but I think the publicity of the matter weighed more heavily than it should have (for justice's sake).
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 11:41 am
I'm not arguing that he should have received a lighter sentence as much as I am that violent criminals like murderers and rapists should receive longer ones.

(Somehow this got cut off from prior post)
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 11:51 am
With good behavior he could be out in 100 years!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 11:59 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Quote:
Ive got no sympathy for this felon.
I hope that he gets some psychiatric help
so he can learn to empathise with those hes detroyed

Definitionally,
woud that be psychiatric malpractice ?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 12:15 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
I understand that his wife can keep 2.5 million.

She has publicly complained about this--says it's unfair to expect her to live on that, that it's unfair to take any of her money (yeah, right, you earned it, huh?).

That two-point-five mill could go a long way with the retirees who lost everything to Bernie's greed.
Ragman

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 05:16 pm
@Setanta,
When I hear things like what she (and the quote from the deceased Leona Hemsley ...that infamous "only peasants pay taxes"), I'm all for harsh punishment as WELL as a public humliation . Thank heavens I'm not a judge.

Maybe she should be forced to shop in off-the-rack clothing and bargain basement stores for the rest of her natural life.
Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 05:19 pm
@Ragman,
Very likely, $2.5 mill invested will yield her at least $125,000 per annum. I think they should take almost all of it, and use it to pay back the least well-off pensioners who lost everything in this scheme.
Ragman

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 05:35 pm
@Setanta,
yes, and make her work as a domestic and scrub their floors and toilets.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 05:36 pm
come on, the news reported she has to ride the subway

hasn't she suffered enough Rolling Eyes
NickFun

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 06:34 pm
She probably won't have enough for a live in servant and may have to cook some of her own meals. Kiss the Japanese gardener goodbye. Goodbye Rodeo Drive, hello WalMart.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 06:47 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
come on, the news reported she has to ride the subway

hasn't she suffered enough

No, they were a husband/wife team, she was fully aware of the scams and profited from them. It is still unknown if the kids were in on it, I personally think not, but the wife should be in jail as far as I am concerned. I have no pity for her.
djjd62

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 06:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
ever heard of sarcasm
Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 06:48 pm
Jesus . . . he took that post seriously . . . this clown is completely clueless . . .
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 06:50 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
ever heard of sarcasm

yes. Have you ever been told that sarcasm is difficult to convey in print??
djjd62

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 06:50 pm
@Setanta,
the deep vaginas have got him rattled
0 Replies