WHO ARE THE BIGGEST CONTROL FREAKS, AMERICAN OR EUROPEON HUUSBANDS

Sglass

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2009 10:08 pm
@chai2,

Thank you Chai you just don't know how much that means to me.
Sglass

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2009 10:11 pm
@Sglass,
Gawd that damn Perez Hilton keeps calling. Would someone give him airfare back to San Juan.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 01:48 am
In this regard I bet German and, say, Italian culture is probably more different than American culture is with either.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 02:19 am
hmm, having lived on the South pacific rim for ten years I am really aware of cultural differences and different reactions to like situations, and .. of course what action is taken. here on the rim the men win hands down.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 06:26 am
Wives . . . wives are the biggest control freaks . . .
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 09:10 am
@Sglass,
Sglass wrote:

Thank you Chai you just don't know how much that means to me.

Your sarcasm is not lost on me.

You're the one that brought up the opinion that MA thinks every women on A2K loves him. Then you continue on and ask why.

Your marital issues are not anything to me. Don't try to drag "every woman on A2K" into this. You make overblown statements how every female hangs on his words, and that's just not true.

There's nothing wrong with your husband, he's just not different from anyone else.

Why don't you go to some meeting to discuss this with people who actually know him? I'm sure you can connect alcoholism into it somehow, so it would be a valid subject. Maybe it could come under the subject heading of "terminal uniqueness" or "letting go and letting God". Maybe even "live and let live" or a discussion of the serenity prayer.
Oh...what is it they say....if you're pointing a finger at someone else, there's 4 more pointing back at you?

I got a million of 'em.
Sglass

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 01:39 pm
@chai2,
yu are my first ignor
ebrown p

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 01:46 pm
@Sglass,
Darn... I guess being just a male chauvinist doesn't count for much then.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 06:28 pm
@Sglass,
Sglass wrote:

yu are my first ignor

Good, then you won't be able to read it when I say you're a wacko who thinks everything can be solved by 12 step cult.

Or, that airing your dirty laundry about your spouse, who is also a member is pretty low class.

take a clue from other people here who are married/involved with someone else here.

It's called boundaries.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 06:46 pm
@chai2,
I couldn't tell if Sglass was serious about the every woman on a2k thing. I took it as a not quite whimsical exaggeration, but pretty much so, and this whole thread as a kind of expression of frustration but not that bad, sort of a little letting air out of a passing situation of tension. Which..... most couples deal with, in a living together situation. Really, do you know any couples who don't have some tensions over controlling behavior, or seeming controlling behavior, at least once in a while? Control can take many forms, and so can reaction to controlling. My ex and I had very few control issues over the years, from either side, in any form - we were a combo of live and let live behavior and compromisers, and still we broke up after twenty plus years. The dance of mates living together ain't easy, but I wouldn't have missed it.

This is only a part of something I meant to post, but, so it goes. Will add as I run across my comments.
chai2

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 07:44 pm
@ossobuco,
Of course, everyone has issues.
Not everyone has to announce their petty differences with their spouse for all the world to read.

I've had challenges with my man lately, but I've been careful not to get too personal.

I'd feel the same way if any of the other "regulars" here started playing catty comment about the one you love.

some people will sacrifice the dignity of those closest to them for attention I suppose.

maybe merry andrew doesn't mind being belittled, or doesn't think he is, but it's embarrassing to have to witness. I think this was a discussion that should have remained private between the 2 parties concerned.

whatever.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 08:01 pm
@chai2,
Many couples on a2k have posted as individuals, wisely or not, sometimes very much not, but pretty much from need. Including you, Chai, explaining all sorts of stuff. What are you saying re being princess of purity?

You wail against sglass, who was plain old venting, even with a dollop of humor?
Sglass

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 08:25 pm
@ossobuco,
osso maybe you would like to help me with some editing. i have this incredible collection of A2k personal messages that various women have sent Merry Andrew over the years. Talk about hot stuff - you would blush. i mean that I thought that I had heard it all.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 08:40 pm
@Sglass,
Ay, chihuahua, all that is none of my business, though I admit surprise. Not that MA isn't nifty.
No, I don't want to see it - curious as I am, it is none of my business, as I said.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 08:41 pm
I have a lot of personal feelings re some of the issues brought up on this thread, some very strong feelings. I don't think i will mention any of them.
roger

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 09:28 pm
@Sglass,
You've been reading his mail?
Sglass

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 09:36 pm
@roger,
no roger, he reads them to me. they are so funny. there are some pretty lonesome women on A2k.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 09:38 pm
@Sglass,
Well, I can relax about that. Still, you two have some talking in store (or maybe not.)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 09:44 pm
@Sglass,
Sglass wrote:

no roger, he reads them to me. they are so funny. there are some pretty lonesome women on A2k.

Well, that's a lot different. Sorry for my inference.

Um, they may be lonesome; they're not desparate, judging from my own inbox.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 09:53 pm
Well i wish my mail was as interesting as his. All I get is spam.