Im -a- twitter

Roberta

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 02:54 pm
Thanks for the glorious photos. And the chronicle. I'm wishing dat boid all the best.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 10:13 pm
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs147.snc1/5480_130124856752_676671752_2878692_1840617_n.jpg

Goodbye Mr/Miss Bird.
I wish you the best.
shewolfnm

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 10:23 pm
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/466/byev.jpg
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 04:15 am
Thanks to you, I now talk to the jays in my garden. I call all of them Sparta. They don't seem to mind, and maybe one day I'll be able to say hi to the real McCoy.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 04:51 am
@shewolfnm,
well done SheW....

just brilliant - loved reading and watching this happen - thanku
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 07:13 am
Yeah

he still was a bit scrawny but this is the time in his life where he is meant to live mostly on the ground and just being able to hop around to be safe. I think this is when he learns what is and isnt food.

I hope he does well.
The last few days here, i refused to feed him like a 'mother bird' . Instead I bought crickets and put them on the ground ( yes, in my house.. blah) and he chased them and ate them all. I left out small pieces of bread, a bowl of water, some seeds, pieces of fruit, tomato etc.. and he spent about 1/2 the day complaining at me to feed him, and the other half of the day exploring for food

He should do fine.
We picked a less populated place in the park so I am hoping that, overnight, he will hop/fly deeper into the woods and spend a few days with out humans so he can get used to being alone.
And I hope.. if someone DOES find him and if he DOES approach a person, that the person is like me. They will take some time looking up how to care for him and what to do. I hope that they will first, just leave him be, but if not and decide to make a pet out of him that they give him the best they can and dont just pop him in a cage and leave him.
If he was smart enough to potty train , I would have gladly kept him as a pet. I just can not handle bird **** every where. I dont live in a barn.
Besides, no matter how calm Flash Gordon is around him, I would have to lock him up every time I left to be 100% safe, and that could mount to several hours every day with no exercise and no company. That isnt fair to any animal..

So lets cross our fingers that my 'baby' *snifffff* is doing well Smile
djjd62

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 07:20 am
this has been a great read

good luck sparta, lots of jays in my area, maybe you'll drop by sometime
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 04:28 pm
@shewolfnm,

How did he take leaving ?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 05:11 am
I miss bird
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 05:22 am

I ' m sure that he misses u too.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 05:24 am

I hope u had the presence of mind to put a tracking device on him --
the de lux model that spits out a lot of sunflower seeds for him to eat.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 08:49 am

BLUEJAY adopted in S.C. He is a sunbather.

The Weather Channel footage:

http://www.weather.com/multimedia/videoplayer.html?from=email&bcpid=823425597&bclid=877032950&bctid=32885389001

Thomas

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 04:40 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
That's not shewolf's. Her blue jay is organizing protests against the de-beaking of hens. It's high time that the Second Amendment rights of birds get the respect they deserve.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 06:51 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

That's not shewolf's. Her blue jay is organizing protests against the de-beaking of hens.
It's high time that the Second Amendment rights of birds get the respect they deserve.
Admittedly, but the poor fellows have trouble
getting their feathers into the trigger guards;
(to say nothing of Newton 's 3rd Law of Motion).
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 08:11 pm
Laughing

0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 08:12 pm
No. Sadly. I did not put a tracking device on him. That is actually a lovely idea and one that would have been fun.

I do still wonder where he is and really do kick myself in the rear for letting him go.
I know he was a wild bird and that they should live in the wild but .. i really loved having a bird in the house too. But human greed ..... its a big thing. And not worth stopping bird from living outside.
0 Replies