Gas Prices

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 11:03 am

Why isn't Obama doing anything to curb the gas prices that keep rising for no particular reason?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,232 • Replies: 33

BillRM

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 03:49 pm
@H2O MAN,
Right now traders are keeping oil off the market by using super tankers park at sea and other means of storage however from some news reports we are within weeks of all such possible storage locations to being 100 percent full.

The results should be an off the old cliff drop in the price of oil and therefore gasoline in the next few months we will see.

Can anyone say 10 dollars a barrel oil and 80 cents a gal gasoline!

panzade

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 03:54 pm
@H2O MAN,
Remember when gas was $4 a gallon during GW's watch?. He couldn't do anything about it and neither can OB1
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 04:05 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Can anyone say 10 dollars a barrel oil and 80 cents a gal gasoline!

PrezBO can't allow that to happen.

Gas prices must rise so that he can sell new fuel efficient GM vehicles.
If gas prices drop, there will be no incentive for anyone to buy Government Motors new cars.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 04:06 pm
@panzade,

Maybe PrezBO is a closet oil man...

Make no mistake, PrezBO wants the price of gas to hover around $5.00 per gallon.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 04:08 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
neither can OB1

Cant OB1 just use the force?
After all, he is a Jedi master.
panzade

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 04:12 pm
@mysteryman,
true...but he's got his hands full just dealing with the most inept car company in the world:GM
mysteryman

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 04:14 pm
@panzade,
So OB1 Kenobi does have his limits?
(BTW, you missed the joke)

But I do agree that GM (Government Motors) is the most inept car company.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 04:14 pm
@panzade,

He does have his hands full, but he's now interested in socializing medicine.
I guess the auto industry is in much better shape than he told us it was.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 04:41 pm
We do have a lot of haters on this thread.

Are you guys flying your flags at half mast for poor Mr. James von Brunn ?
mysteryman

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 04:42 pm
@BillRM,
Who is doing the hating?
I am having fun.
But I must admit I'm surprised that nobody got the pun (even if it was a bad one).
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 04:55 pm
@mysteryman,
No I didn't ...you know what happens when you assume... Laughing
actually, I threw you a big fat softball - OB1...I knew you'd hit it outta the park

clever ain't I?
0 Replies

Brand WTF

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 05:03 pm
@H2O MAN,
There is a particular reason....although i realize it's easier to bitch rather than actually studying the situation.

Investors are using crude as a sort of currency to hedge against inflation....this has pushed the price up. Besides that all commodities have been rising of which oil is one.

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 05:07 pm
@Brand WTF,

It was easier for liberals to bitch rather than actually studying the situation when prices spiked
while GW was in office, but it seems as though something else is going on here with Obama in charge
Brand WTF

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 05:12 pm
@H2O MAN,
Most everyone bitches about gas prices no matter the stripe.

However I don't see any evidence of Obama causing this round other than printing money leads to inflation.
panzade

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 05:41 pm
@Brand WTF,
Thanks for your succinct reply Brand...right on the money, but alas, it will have no impact on Water Dude....cause he's willin it to be OB1's fault...never mind such mumbo jumbo as speculation and inflation
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 07:13 pm
@panzade,

It's happening on PrezBO's watch... it's getting worse and PrezBO isn't concerned in the least.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 07:13 pm
@Brand WTF,
As I said supply and demand will wipe those traders out as millions of barrels of oil is being produce more then demand every day and you an only store so many millions barrels. Right now it is around the neighborhood of 300 million barrels store on tanker ships alone at a cost of 50,000 dollars a day for each tanker.

But logic is never as must fun as blaming our new president. Wonder if H2O will give him credit when the oil and gas prices free fall.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 07:15 pm
@BillRM,

And as I said, PrezBO can't allow a price drop to happen. He needs higher prices to sell cars.
BillRM

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 07:19 pm
@H2O MAN,
So our president is more powerful then supply and demand and he is going to store all this oil under the White House I would assume<grin>.

I am happy that you think our President have almost god like powers.