how do i do my first kiss

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 02:09 pm
i went on my first date today but i dont know exactly how and when to do my first kiss. wat kind of kiss when to do it and how to do it so he'll like it. hes a cool boy and he likes girls who can do it right. im only 10 and he loves me and i love him i just want to know when and how to do it right

View best answer, chosen by lady gaga
DrewDad

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 02:17 pm
@lady gaga,
Jesus wept.

I find myself ineffably saddened by the thought that there is a 10 year-old worrying about how to kiss a boy the right way because he's so "cool."

What ever happened to holding hands?

How old is this "cool boy"?

In my experience, the coolest boys don't date 10 year-olds.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 02:19 pm
@lady gaga,
I strongly suggest asking that question of your parents and not online. If you haven't asked your mom or Dad, why not? It is their privilege to inform you correctly about that activity. Ask them and then come back and tell us what they said, OK?
aidan

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 04:05 pm
@Ragman,
Oh come on Ragman - did you ask your mom and dad about your first kiss? I think this is a cute topic for a thread.

My first kiss was with Scott O'Brien. I was eleven or twelve. We'd been sledding all day on the hill behind Carolyn Andrew's house. My sisters and Carolyn were hiding in the bushes and he kissed me on the cheek. He said he'd have kissed me on the lips if I'd have let him, but I said no.

My sisters ragged on me about that all the way home. They thought I should have let him kiss me on the lips and that I was a wuss - but I just wasn't ready for that - although I did think he was really cute. He was tall and thin with straight chestnut brown hair and big brown eyes (I thought he looked JUST like Jackson Browne).

Anyway - I sure as hell didn't tell my mother or father. I don't think my sisters did either. In fact, I don't think my mom and dad know about it to this day.

You're too young to be kissing boys on the lips at 10 lady gaga - give it a few years- and then you'll probably just know what to do - you know?
BillRM

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 04:12 pm
@aidan,
My mother is 89 and she still can remember the name of the first boy she kiss!

I think it is more important of an event for females then males. I can remember being nerve about kissing correctly but I can not come up with the name of the young lady I ended up kissing.

Maybe it just a lack in me instead of all males.
aidan

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 04:14 pm
@BillRM,
I was gonna say, 'I wonder if Scott remembers my name' - but how do I know I was his first kiss?

He was so cute - there were probably a long line of kisses before me.
0 Replies

Butrflynet
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 05:12 pm
@lady gaga,
lady gaga wrote:

i went on my first date today but i dont know exactly how and when to do my first kiss. wat kind of kiss when to do it and how to do it so he'll like it. hes a cool boy and he likes girls who can do it right.

Hi Lady Gaga. Those are questions that young people have struggled with for ages. I'm not so sure an anonymous message board on the internet is the best place to be asking them though. The subject can make you vulnerable to internet predators; especially when you announce your very young age.

I would feel much better about it if you were to read a couple of good articles about kissing on this teen advice website at about.com and then talk about them with some people you trust if you have questions.

Here are a couple good articles for you to read about the subject of kissing:

Teen Life Q&A Special: FAQ on Kissing

Your most frequently asked questions about kissing and making out.

Pucker Up - It's Kissing Time!

Tips for kissing under the mistletoe that you can use all year round!

And here's a pop quiz for you:

QUIZ: Are you a good kisser?

A quick and easy quiz to help you determine if your kissing style is magical or all wet.

After you've taken a look at those articles, please also take a look at these about internet safety and the type of private information that you should guard rather than post on the internet:

Social Networking Sites: Dos and Don'ts

Rules for Staying Safe Online

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 05:33 pm
@Butrflynet,
Those are great sites, Butrflynet. I will show them to my 13 year old too.
I always told her to make sure that she really likes the boy she's kissing as the
memory will stay with her forever, and it should be a good memory she wants
to remember over and over again.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 05:42 pm
@CalamityJane,
I was one of the lucky ones, with a good first experience that somewhat set me up for life ahead. Oh, except for the horrible time I try to forget, with fish lips.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 05:47 pm
@ossobuco,
Ah, but my experience was when I was older. Ten? I don't understand ten as a set up time for later - I understand ten as waking up to growing up, but not all hormone driven. More a looking around time. I get it that I may be out of date, but feel that is too bad.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 06:18 pm
@aidan,
Aidan: What kind of idiocy are you suggesting! This person claims to be a 10-yr- old. Get a grip on reality. That is something a parent might want to advise a child. No I didn't ask about my first kiss...but I wasn't dating at 10 either.

Buttrfly expresses my thoughts the best. It's about an 10 yr old asking here on online mostly that I'm objecting to.

I'd want to know if my child is dating and with whom. And I'd want to have input into this and hopefully have granted permission for a "date". I sure hope you're not a parent.
chai2

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 08:40 pm
lady gaga, maybe you should be asking yourself if HE's a good kisser, and if he'll know how to do it right so that YOU like it.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 08:52 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

lady gaga, maybe you should be asking yourself if HE's a good kisser, and if he'll know how to do it right so that YOU like it.

Damn straight.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 09:00 pm
@Ragman,
We are talking about a kiss here Ragman lighten up. Second in the history of the human race I do not think that anyone had gone to their parents concerning the subject of a first kiss. Not that there is any thing wrong in so doing if she care to.

But there is one concern I do have and that is most of the threads on this web-site are not G rated by either subject or language.

A ten year old or even a 14 year old is a little young for this website in my opinion.

Still I do not know what our all powerful web-master could do about it one way or another and some of us act like 5 years olds in any case.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 10:31 pm
Just remember to keep your mouth open, stick your tongue out and you'll do just fine.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 12:20 am
@Ragman,
If you read my post Ragman - I told a story in which I gave the girl the message that I believe that a ten year old is too young to be thinking of kissing anyone on the lips.
There's more than one way to 'teach' or inform children and express a thought.

Hell - I object to the ten year old having her own computer in her own bedroom - but she probably does. That's done. She's here. She asked the question. There was no mention of any 'date' that I saw in her original post.
I didn't address dating. I tried to turn it into a sweet little walk down memory lane while imparting some advice - which was to wait.

I am a parent and a teacher. That's how I know that parents are usually the last ones to find out that their child has kissed someone. Their friends, teachers, friends mothers and fathers, etc. usually know first.
This is normal.
Ragman

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 04:57 am
@aidan,
aidan: her very first words were "i went on my first date today but..."

My sole intent was for this child to share these feelings with her parents. I'm sure they would want to know and help guide their child - instead of sharing and inquiring with a bunch of strangers on the Internet. It wrankles me to think of a child of 10 on the 'net without 'over-the-shoulder' guidance.
aidan

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 08:07 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
Laughing Laughing I seriously totally missed that....yikes...oh well... what can I say then? Yeah - it would be good for her parents to know that she's dating, wouldn't it?

Yeah - I hate the child on the internet without guidance scenario too - in fact- that makes me more nervous than two ten year olds holding hands and kissng each other on the cheek.
But I guess it's a sign of our times, innit - just like I was thinking about the fact that you can now LEARN HOW TO KISS following links on the internet - wild.

Sorry - I don't know how I missed that because I even read it again after reading your post- and I still missed it.

I can be a space cadet sometimes.
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 08:58 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

My sole intent was for this child to share these feelings with her parents. I'm sure they would want to know and help guide their child - instead of sharing and inquiring with a bunch of strangers on the Internet. It wrankles me to think of a child of 10 on the 'net without 'over-the-shoulder' guidance.

I guess you're not in tune with girls on their way to teenagehood. "On a first date" means, hanging out at the school yard together and holding hands.
My daughter (now 13) had been "dating" two boys in school. There is no such
thing as a date, since they merely hang out together at lunch break and usually
there are other kids around too. They do kiss (mostly innocently) but more
often than not, just hold hands. It's a first step to get to know the opposite
sex. It's rather harmless really.

When my kid (a seasoned dater now) was asked out to the movies by one of
her "boyfriends" she declined. "It would be way too weird at my age, Mom"
she said, while I exhaled!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 09:23 am
@aidan,
Me too (spacey). Interesting thread, nonetheless.
0 Replies