Feingold Blocks Bill to Honor Reagan

Woiyo9

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 12:51 pm
"Republicans are trying to pass legislation in the next few weeks to kick off the commemoration of the 100th anniversary of Ronald Reagan’s birth, and the only hurdle appears to be Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wis.), who is refusing to let the Senate vote on the bill."

http://www.rollcall.com/issues/54_133/news/35043-1.html

Children at Play. Nothing better to do on either side.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 12:56 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

"Republicans are trying to pass legislation in the next few weeks to kick off the commemoration of the 100th anniversary of Ronald Reagan’s birth, and the only hurdle appears to be Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wis.), who is refusing to let the Senate vote on the bill."

http://www.rollcall.com/issues/54_133/news/35043-1.html

Children at Play. Nothing better to do on either side.

Apparently not. But why would we honor the 100th anniversary of a president's birth anyway?

You Conservatives are wacky with your worship of this guy.

Cycloptichorn
jioday

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 01:02 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
They should put the old phoney on a three dollar bill.
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 01:06 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I am not suggesting anything you pompous asshole.

Just pointing out how the children you elect are playing around as if they have nothing better to do.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 01:09 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

I am not suggesting anything you pompous asshole.

Just pointing out how the children you elect are playing around as if they have nothing better to do.

What about you - are you just above the whole thing? Nah.

Cycloptichorn
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 01:11 pm
So does this mean in 2046 some loon in the Senate is going to sponsor a bill honoring the 100th anniversary of the birth of George W. Bush?

Nip this madness in the bud NOW. Support Russ Feingold.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 02:15 pm
I'm not saying that Reagan wasn't a nice guy or a good president, but we've got way too many holidays in the calendar already. Everyone get to work already.
kuvasz

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 02:23 pm
**** ronald reagan and his pyschotic admirers. he was a mass murderer. i'm glad he spent the end of his life drooling and shitting in his pajamas. he directed the policies that led to the murder of thousands of innocent people in latin america and he ought to be sitting in hell for it.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 02:46 pm
heck with dutch! what about my birthday??? Very Happy
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 02:53 pm
@kuvasz,
kuvasz wrote:

**** ronald reagan and his pyschotic admirers. he was a mass murderer. i'm glad he spent the end of his life drooling and shitting in his pajamas. he directed the policies that led to the murder of thousands of innocent people in latin america and he ought to be sitting in hell for it.
Shocked

Ok then... I think I know how you would vote.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 02:55 pm
@kuvasz,
kuvasz wrote:

Mr. Green
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 06:17 am
@kuvasz,
Quote:
i'm glad he spent the end of his life drooling and shitting in his pajamas.

Something I am sure you can identify with.
Woiyo9

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 06:19 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Just an objective observer of the assholes we elect.

Something you can never aspire to is being objective, you pompous ass.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 06:30 am
@Woiyo9,
...and didn't the children you elected play around with sponsoring this silly bill as if they had nothing better to do?

Seems that's what Feingold is saying in fact. "This is silly. We have better things to do."
sozobe

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 06:32 am
@sozobe,
Just read the article. Not sure anyone else did, including Woiyo.

Quote:
“Sen. Feingold has no interest in blocking this bill,” said a Feingold spokesman, referring to the Ronald Reagan Centennial Commission Act. “He wants to offer an amendment to it, but that request was blocked by a Republican Senator.”

Feingold’s amendment would establish two commissions to study the internment and restrictions of German and Italian Americans and Jewish refugees during World War II, and it is unrelated to the Reagan bill.
Setanta

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 06:36 am
@rosborne979,
Wait a minute . . . i'm willing to say that that old fart was not a good president. This is nothing but cult of personality. Should we do the same thing for Jimmy Carter? Wait for the conservatives to howl over that one, despite the fact that Carter is the only President who ever got Arabs and Israelis to sit down and hammer out an agreement which brought and maintained peace.

Reagan was a f*cking idiot, who was likable and reminded social security voters of their own generation--otherwise, he was an empty suit who was a front man for the likes of Cheney, Rumsfeld and other notorious scumbags. He engaged in union-busting and set up elaborate mechanisms to bypass Congress to fund the Contras, which included selling spare parts to Iran for their American military hardware. So those jackasses were supporting both sides in the Iran-Iraq War. Anyone willing to claim that Reagan cannot reasonably have known and could not reasonably have been able to do anything about it, despite the fact that his Vice President was a former Director of Central Intelligence, will have admitted by default that Ronnie was not competent for his office.
Woiyo9

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 07:28 am
@sozobe,
You apparently also belong on the long list of buffoons who just does not get it.

Are there not more important issues that your elected officials should be concerned about other than this?
sozobe

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 07:31 am
@Woiyo9,
I think investigating the internment and restrictions of German and Italian Americans and Jewish refugees during World War II is more important than creating a new holiday for Reagan, yes.

I think both are less important than lots of other things.
Woiyo9

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 07:39 am
@sozobe,
You have proved my point. Drunk
sozobe

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 07:41 am
@Woiyo9,
Oh, your point was that the Reagan bill is silly and at least Feingold is trying to use it to accomplish something? Cool.