My Latest Medical "Adventure"

urs53

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 04:51 am
Great news, Phoenix! Take your time, enjoy the good care and get well! Love and hugs from Germany!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 02:29 pm
Things were a bit confusing for awhile. I had apparently developed a pneumothorax, but it is gone now. There was a time there that I was concerned about it, but it turned out ok. I will be discharged tomorrow, and will stay in the hotel, for a couple of days. I have already made tentitive plans for going down to Florida, but the exact day, (possibly Friday or Saturday) is stilll up in the air.

I am still rather weak,(notice no green bold writing), but I am seeing improvement almost hourly.

This wing of the hospital has a roof terrace, and is beautiful. On one angle, you can see the city, and Lake Erie over to one side.

When I get back home, and feel a bit stronger, I will fill all youse guys with all the gory details.
Lightwizard

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 03:23 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Is this going to be like a CSI autopsy gory? Weren't you asleep? The best therapy would be South Beach but my wager is hot and humid.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 03:37 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Great to see you, Phoenix, even it you ain't green. (I knew something was missing.)

Get better quick. Good trip home.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 04:24 pm
@Phoenix32890,
My goodness!!!!! But glad you are getting better fast!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 07:37 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Oh goody, I love gory details!
ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 08:50 pm
@littlek,
Waiting for Greenie...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 08:55 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Quote:
Apparently, my condition was a bit more than what my &*)+ cardiologist anticipated. I ended up with both an aortic valve replacment, and a single bypass .I think that I will be changing docs when I get home.

Goodness me, Phoenix! Shocked

But it's really good to hear that you're on the mend now. And that they're treating like a princess in there! Very Happy

My best wishes for a fast recovery.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 09:43 pm
Here are a few spares just in case they are needed. The good thing is that you can also use it as a visual aid when telling people what you've been up to.

Glad you are on the mend. Sunny Florida is awaiting for you.

http://scienceroll.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/candyheart1.jpg
0 Replies