My Latest Medical "Adventure"

roger

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 04:27 pm
I talked to Phoenix within the past half hour. She sounds as strong as ever, which is very strong, and is planning to return home two days from now. Seemed more interested in talking about you guys, than how the operation went. Some people are like that.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 04:41 pm
@roger,
Great news, Ratikins. Thanks for letting us know.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 04:42 pm
@roger,
Ok, now you made me cry.
Thanks for the wonderful news.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 04:52 pm
Good news.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 04:56 pm
Good news indeed.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 09:03 pm
Thanks Roger!
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 11:50 pm
@littlek,
Yes, thanks, Roger.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 03:13 am
@roger,
Aaah. A sigh of relief. Great news. The Phoenix is one tough cookie.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 03:54 am
@roger,
Phew... <breathes sigh of relief> Thanks Roger. x
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 04:09 am
Thank you, Roger.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 05:53 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

I talked to Phoenix within the past half hour. She sounds as strong as ever, which is very strong, and is planning to return home two days from now. Seemed more interested in talking about you guys, than how the operation went. Some people are like that.

YeeeeHAW!!!!!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 06:28 am
thinking about Phoenix this morning, she had months to look forward, plan, fret, worry, anticipate, much the same as Osso and her eyes. I went to a local clinic for a routine x-ray and woke post operation, it was done and over with. I'm thinking I had it easy.
I plan to phone Phoenix later this morning just to say I never liked her and hope she never visits me again.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 07:00 am
@roger,
Wonderful! Thanks so much for finding out and for letting us know, Roger.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 07:08 am
great news
Lightwizard

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 07:55 am
@djjd62,
What great Fourth of July news! Now they can set off the fireworks.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 12:46 pm
Thanks for all the good wishes. No, I don't have a laptop, and today is the first day that I have been strong enough to march around, and check out the place.

Apparently, my condition was a bit more than what my &*)+ cardiologist anticipated. I ended up with both an aortic valve replacment, and a single bypass .I think that I will be changing docs when I get home. I don'y know where you got the idea, Rog, but I think that I will be here for at least a few more days.

This place is unbelievable. I have been in many hospitals in my life, but have never had the kind of service that they provide here. I am in a brand new, single room (all the rooms in this section are single) and every one here has been just wondrful.

Arthur is staying at a hotel that is connected to the hospital by a walkway, which is really convenient. I plan to stay a few more days after I am discharged.

I'll be checking in with all of you from time to time. I am still very tired, but I have been pushing to gain my strength. Love to you all.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 12:53 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Thanks for the update, Phoenix! All the very best!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 02:31 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix! Great to hear from you! I'm glad you're recovering and will be out soon.

Not glad to hear that things were a bit more than expected. Still, you're walking around.

Sounds like a great place. If you gotta be in the hospital, why not be somewhere that treats you well.

0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 04:22 pm
@Phoenix32890,
So good to hear from you Phoenix and know you're doing well after such a big op. Glad hubby is there too and you can be together Very Happy

Take your time girl - heal well. Love to you. x
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 11:10 pm
I was told by a doctor friend that heart surgery is just about the most sucessful there is--after catarrac surgery (it's just that the latter can't be spelled). The best of recoveries, Phoenix.
0 Replies