osso and her eyes, again

ossobuco

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 08:23 pm
@Tai Chi,
Me too.

Meantime, some good weeks at the school house.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 09:04 pm
osso, No answer required. I'm rooting for you (you knew that). Hoping for an easyish time for you.

You'll be in my thoughts.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 09:16 pm
My thoughts are with you too, dear friend.
Eva

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 09:25 pm
So, almost a month away, then...

Much too early to begin fretting!
(me, not you)
ossobuco

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 09:28 pm
@mac11,
It seems I can't help answering, as you two mean a lot to me, individually.
But I mean to be quiet, at least until closer to the date, when I'll be certifiable.
I'll work on it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 09:34 pm
@Eva,
Right, eva. I plan to allow myself to get crazed in a few weeks, but not now. You get it.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 09:54 pm
@Butrflynet,
I might be calling on you, butryfly. I think you and I need to just go out somewhere and talk first.. even at my house, or maybe a place with ice cream.

0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 06:52 am
Oof. I get the quietude part but can't seem to read this and sail on without saying anything... so oof.

You had talked about getting various resources lined up before the surgery, I agree that's a good idea and also something to DO/ focus on as the date nears. Happy to help with that.
Joeblow

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 07:17 am
Hey, listen. I have my tea cozy ready.

We’ve averted a strike here by our liquor control people for the time being at least, but I laid in some supplies just in case, sooooo… I also have some stronger stuff at the ready, just in case we’d all like a bracer.

I’ll say no more.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 07:50 am
@ossobuco,
I'm not really here. <settles into the corner to wait. silently wishing osso well>
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 09:04 am
Just ran across this thread--I don't get out much--and am sorry to hear of the problem but well wishing, good vibes, prayers for an excellent outcome. I am facing some issues with my own vision at present and appreciate the apprehension and concern that Osso is feeling.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:57 pm
@Foxfyre,
An update:

Dys took me to the surgeon's office for the pre-op this morning, me out of my mind since I just figured out I missed a Medicaid form deadline. I have a weird sort of medicaid in that they don't pay for any medical treatment; what they pay for is my monthly fairly small medicare B payment, not that I don't appreciate that. But I could be screwed and have a waiting period for medicare B, which I'll find out shortly.

So I told him I was a fool, and he said "as long as you don't think I'm one".
I have all the stuff for the medicaid forms, I'd just flubbed with the football.
Anyway, we've rescheduled the surgery to August 25th and in the meantime all the fancy machine pre-op measurements are done... and if the medicaid situation takes longer, we'll reschedule again.

Meantime, a stress reprieve.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:58 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre, sympathy re your eyes too. PM me on that if you feel like it.
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 03:17 pm
@ossobuco,
I had you penciled in for 7/21. 8/25? Okay, I guess.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 04:34 pm
@ossobuco,
Oof.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 04:48 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Meantime, a stress reprieve.

Love dem stress reprieves, osso.

Stuff happens. What can I tell ya?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 06:29 pm
@Roberta,
You really know from stress, so you can probably tell me a lot.
Roberta

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 03:19 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

You really know from stress, so you can probably tell me a lot.

I can tell you, osso, that delaying something like your surgery is a tremendous relief--short lived and temporary. Doesn't matter. Enjoy it while you can.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 11:14 am
@Roberta,
I was giddy yesterday, not entirely from the delay, but also re the resolution that I can get the medicaid stuff worked out, and my continued enthusiasm for the competence and wit of the doctor, for his continuing leveling with me re my eyes, and from the friendly surgery set-up staff.

The doctor told me more about the place the o.p. surgery is, surgery timing (I'm first) and further info that they'll be glad to call anyone waiting on my op at, say, a breakfast restaurant via cell phone. Oh, and they've valet parking, because of construction nearby, which is great if it's dys who comes with me, which is very likely as it'll be at "the crack of dawn", which he is usually up at.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 07:26 pm
@ossobuco,
Giddiness and a witty doc.

I think I came back at a good moment in time.

I like the concept of the call to friends waiting at, say, a breakfast place. That sounds rather civilized.

Making a note.