realjohnboy

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 07:34 pm
@ossobuco,
I am penciling you in for Wednesday.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 07:46 pm
@ossobuco,
Will keep my fingers crossed for you, osso (though it will play havoc with my typing...)
ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 07:55 pm
@Tai Chi,
Thanks, Tai. I'm not sure I should get you worrying yet. It's complicated and they may not approve me. I'm certainly not in it for cosmetic, but who knows how they will pick. I may be ok already. Apparently medicare doesn't just send no's. This is not my expertise.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 08:48 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
If it is a go, it happens next wednesday.

Holey kamoley!

It's the vision!!!!!

(crossing fingers and braiding hair)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 08:58 pm
It's all very strange. Including me trying to get a safe drive van early some day, should this be happening.

I could get a taxi, should I accrue dollars, but that last taxi that tried to get to my house got very lost.

Let's say medicare responds monday, a bit of a hope.

We'll see, first to have the surgery happening.
Roberta

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 09:06 pm
Irritated that nothing is ever easy. You got a medical problem. You should be able to have it dealt with.

Hoping Medicare comes through with an answer on time. And sighing big time.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 09:13 pm
@Roberta,
I don't understand about the medicare denial thing. Apparently they haven't denied me (after tests, photos, what have you) but there seems to be another hoop on Monday; surgery, if so, on wednesday.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 09:59 pm
@ossobuco,
Well, damn.

Good luck!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 10:07 pm
@dlowan,
Thanks, deb. I'm a medical assertive, most of the time. I'm not as cocky about this one.

Will post when I know anything.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 10:23 pm
@ossobuco,
The problem with this is there are a lot of people who want their naturally slumping lids lifted for cosmetic reasons. Mine is slumping, galumphing, from 4 previous surgeries - but it is not clear that medicare cares.

The test problem, is that for most of the population, raising the lid would bring more clicks on the visual field. But for me, with retinitis pigmentosa to start with, its all a blank with a few dots, if that, in this particular test, and more is not much.

In the meantime, in real life, I see much more of the world if my eyelid is up. Like, duh.

(This is not the usual visual field test, which I've taken for years, for better or worse, about the same. It's another thing re the lid.)

Anyway, I know I came in just under the medicare line.

Gnaws teeth.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 06:05 pm
@ossobuco,
Osso, I'll never understand why you worry about transportation--I've been there for you, Bob has been there for you and Lynn has been there for you.

Do try to see the positive instead of the cost of a taxi or the van not making it on time.

Really, truly, honestly, we have been and will be, there for you.

Someone actually pm'd Dys and asked him why he didn't offer you a ride. Please let your friends know that we are glad to help, we do help and that we aren't uncaring beasts.

In other words, we love you and will always be there for you.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 07:09 pm
@Diane,
Diane, that is private talk.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 07:17 pm
I was going to post on this tomorrow. Surgery will happen sometime on wednesday. Medicare has not denied it - apparently that happens at the first of the month. If medicare didn't approve and the surgery happened, that would have farcical effect on my financial life. The medicare thing is all news to me, apparently they don't approve, just deny, which is fairly willymaking for the person waiting worried about non approval. I will know more tomorrow re time.

I thank Diane that she will get me there. I do know you care, Diane.
Roberta

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 11:57 pm
I'll be thinking about you, kid, and hoping all goes well.

Glad there's no problem with Medicare.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 02:11 am
@ossobuco,
All the very best for Wednesday, osso. I'll be thinking of you, too.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 05:15 pm
Good luck, Osso!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 05:22 pm
All the best, Osso. We'll be waiting tomorrow to hear from you, Diane or Dys. Don't forget to set up your Fantasy Baseball lineups for the next few days. You have to keep your priorities straight.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 05:47 pm
@realjohnboy,
Of course, johnboy, the real one.

The only thing I can't do on the baseball is deal with someone x'd out just before a game starts - or maybe I can, since it is midweek and games start later in the day, and I should be home in time to catch changes.

So, I'm to be there at 9:30 a.m. Very civilized for Diane and me. Last time, I think it was at 6 a.m. and I was up at four after very little sleep, maybe an hour. Diane got no sleep. What a pair. And, it was snowing that morning .. plus, not so easy to find the outpatient surgical facility in the dark (then).

On the medicare, I'll trust it when I see the bill. Otherwise I'll become the brunt of the spurning on the bankruptcy thread.

The 'ossobuco' theory of the inverse ration of expectations to fulfillment is a bit of a worry here. The last surgery went like gangbusters, simply fabulous.
I am confident with this surgeon too, like her a lot for personal affect, smarts, and listening behavior. Oy, I still worry. This eye is less important, I'm used to it being compromised, it has life long been the weaker one, and even with the surgery working, it still will have a chronic condition of blepharitis, which impedes the vision at the best of times.
But, another but, the lid acting normal would maximize the vision going on.

Hasta la vista..

ehBeth

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 05:51 pm
@ossobuco,
Standing by for an update on Wednesday/Thursday.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 05:56 pm
@ossobuco,
Just keep hanging in there, and let me know if I can help.