I like my medical school friend, but he still loves his exgf...

yoyo100

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 01:29 pm
Here is my story. I am attending medical school here in Texas. I am in a big city and it's so nice here. Anyway, I have this friend and he is also here in medical school. We are about to finish with med school and he doesn't like me. He only likes me as a friend. I've told him a lot of times that I have feelings for him, but he tells me that he is still in love with his exgirlfriend. His exgirlfriend is not here she is in another city and he is going to go back to his hometown and look for her. He is so in love with her that I am jealous. He still has pictures of her and she is so pretty. Not too tall and not too short, nice body, beautiful smile and the girl looks that she has a very outgoing personality (by the things that he has told me about her). She is very pretty and beautiful. She seems to be a very very good girl. He also told me that she is very intelligent for her age. I am so jealous! Can somebody help me get his attention. He is totally in love with his exgirlfriend!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 3,011 • Replies: 37

panzade

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 01:37 pm
@yoyo100,
why waste your time?
You're young, you'll find plenty of guys even cooler than him...trust me
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 09:27 pm
He hasn't seen her for a while. Maybe she's gained a hundred pounds and her face has broken out. Or maybe she found a man who's not quite so obsessive. And maybe you should too!
0 Replies

yoyo100

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 08:39 am
Thanks for your advice and I know that I should look another way but I can't. He is the most down to earth kind of guy. He is just perfect. His exgirlfriend is lucky that he is still in love with her. I know it's been a while since he last saw her, but he loves her so much! He is ALWAYS talking about her and to top it all off, his exgirlfriend has an amazing, beautiful personality. Reason I say this is because I heard her talk when she was giving a speech. My friend recorded her on video and I happened to be there when he was watching the video. She is very outgoing. This is a forum I found and it said, "ask an EXPERT", I hope to keep getting advice and feedback from all of you. Please keep sending me your advice. I would like to hear from all of you. Like I said, he is in love with his exgirlfriend and he told me that he will ALWAYS be in love with her. She is the love of his life. Also, he can't wait to see her again!
jespah

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 09:41 am
@yoyo100,
Then you can't compete with that.

Why be second best?
Linkat

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 09:53 am
@jespah,
I agree - you can't make some one fall for you - either they do or don't.

You have a choice - either keep pining away on some one that does not/will not return your feelings 0r move on. I'm not saying it will be or is easy, but really which choice would be better for you?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 10:05 am
@yoyo100,
yoyo100 wrote:
he tells me that he is still in love with his exgirlfriend.

He is so in love with her that I am jealous.

He is totally in love with his exgirlfriend!

There's no way to compete with this. Go live your life. You're graduating, moving on to internship and/or residency. You'll find someone else.
0 Replies

yoyo100

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 10:14 am
All of you are right, but it just makes me feel so jealous of her. He and her would always talk to each other using pet names. They would NEVER use each other's names and I think that's so loving. My exbf was very dry and boring, always calling me by my first name. He was so dry and boring, but my friend and his exgirlfriend would ALWAYS say pet names to each other ALWAYS. As a matter of fact my friend told me that they would never say each other's name. They would always be so affectionate with each other and so loving. He has told me so much that I want to have that with him. He told me how he fell in love with her. It was love at first sight. He said that he knew she was the one for him. Sorry, but I am just going on and on about my friend's life, but I just don't know where else to talk about it. If you all could see my friend....girls you would fall head over heels over him. He is very handsome, smart, charming, intelligent, great looking, kind....the list goes and and on. That's why I envy his exgirlfriend and I am so jealous of her. How can I get over this jealousy and envy I feel for his exgirlfriend?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 10:19 am
@yoyo100,
yoyo100 wrote:
Quote:
This is a forum I found and it said, "ask an EXPERT",
I hope to keep getting advice and feedback from all of you.
Please keep sending me your advice.
I would like to hear from all of you.

Get someone to marry her; (other than your friend).
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 10:39 am
@yoyo100,
yoyo100 wrote:
How can I get over this jealousy and envy I feel for his exgirlfriend?

I see two possibilities:

1. This is an infatuation/crush that will fade. You go live your life, deal with pain like a grownup, and find someone else that you love.
2. You are a creepy stalker and he should have a restraining order....
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 10:43 am
that's very logical david.

I do have to say the poster does not communicate like I would expect someone finishing up with medical school would.

Maybe this is Dr. Kylie from Mad TV.

I'm glad my doctors were paying more attention to their studies and not to their cute friends.

DrewDad

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 10:56 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
I'm glad my doctors were paying more attention to their studies and not to their cute friends.

I'm pretty sure that doctors get horny, too. How else would we get baby doctors?
chai2

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 11:26 am
@DrewDad,
I meant the way she communicates.

This sounds more like a 15 year old girl, and I don't mean the kind of 15 year old that's just finishing medical school.
0 Replies

yoyo100

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 12:17 pm
I did not know that this forum was for people to be criticizing. I only want good advice from all of you. Right now I am not being me, I really feel bad because of this whole situation. My friend really loves his exgirlfriend and I feel very jealous of her. I also envy her. I need advice on how to not feel jealous and envious of his exgirlfriend.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 12:37 pm
@chai2,
Thanx, Chai; I try.

David
chai2

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 12:39 pm
@yoyo100,
Then I think my good advice would be to stop acting like a 15 year old girl and move on. If you're just finishing med school I would think you will have plenty to occupy your time during your internship....like your patients.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 12:39 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Thanx, Chai; I try.

David

Is "x" fonetic?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 12:47 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

Thanx, Chai; I try.

David

Is "x" fonetic?

The way I pronounce it, it is.
Some people pronounce it as if it were a z.
I don 't usually go along with that.

David
Linkat

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 01:08 pm
@yoyo100,
To be honest there isn't much you can do - the best think IMO is to be busy - that will take your mind off of the situation.

If you do really like your friend, you should also try to be happy for him (even if it does hurt you). Aren't you happy that he does love some one so much? Isn't it nice to see some one happy? Use his happiness to realize that you too can be happy like that in the future, maybe not today, but maybe 6 months or a year from now.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 01:09 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
xounds like an x?

ix that xo?

Since living in Tejas, I pronounce all my j's like h's.

Whenever I'm at Luby's cafeteria and tell the servers I'd like the geletin dessert, they think I'm greeting them.