Is he cheating

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2009 05:10 pm
Will a man lie about another womens figure or age because he is afraid of being accused of cheating if not?

Debra Law

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2009 05:25 pm
@christina marie,
christina marie wrote:

Will a man lie about another womens figure or age because he is afraid of being accused of cheating if not?

Some men might guard their responses concerning questions about other women based on the reactions they encountered in the past.

For instance, if a man tells his wife that his new boss is a woman, she might inquire about the boss's attractiveness. The new boss might be a young and attractive woman, and if the man is honest in his assessment of her age and looks, the wife might become agitated. If the wife is a jealous and insecure woman, she might subject her husband to a barrage of accusatory questions leading to: You want to sleep with her, don't you! LOL

Any man who has experienced this kind of irrational inquisition might be motivated to fudge the truth. If your boyfriend/husband feels it is necessary to lie about another woman's appearance because he is afraid of your reaction, what does that say about you?
spendius

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2009 06:07 pm
@Debra Law,
It says that she is sensibly taking pre-emptive precautions concerning any gold-digging temptress possibly muscling in on her private territory.

It seems perfectly natural to me and it suggests that she loves her man dearly.

If I was him I might play it up to get her to try to wear me out.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2009 10:04 pm
Men will say whatever we have to say to stay out of trouble (especially about things, like a woman's age or figure that we are very afraid of).

I don't think this even counts as lying.
Woiyo9

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 07:06 am
@Debra Law,
Quote:
Any man who has experienced this kind of irrational inquisition might be motivated to fudge the truth. If your boyfriend/husband feels it is necessary to lie about another woman's appearance because he is afraid of your reaction, what does that say about you?

It tells me Christina is not very attractive.
CoastalRat

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 08:48 am
Well, there was this one time when my wife and I were out shopping. This lovely young lady walked by in the shortest of shorts with a top to match. My wife obviously saw my gaze linger a bit longer than was proper and she asked me if I liked what I just saw. Being skilled in the art of avoiding needless pain, I turned to her and said I was simply looking at her to try to figure out why a young lady of below average looks would think to wear such skimpy clothes that would look much better on someone really attractive such as my wife.

It was touch and go for a second as to whether my wife would believe me, but she let it slide and only reminded me of the incident when later she was looking at an expensive dress that she wanted. I of course bought it for her with a smile on my face.

Does this help give you any insight into men?
engineer

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 08:53 am
@CoastalRat,
Any man of average intelligence is going to err of the side of flattering his wife/girlfriend and on the side of denigrating other women to his wife/girlfriend. When your wife asks if she looks fat, the answer is no. When she asks if that woman over their is good looking, the answer is "What woman? Oh her? She's ok I guess." This is not very hard.
ebrown p

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 08:55 am
@Woiyo9,
Quote:

Quote:

It tells me Christina is not very attractive.

Christina's post implies nothing of the sort. However woiyo's post tells me that he is not a man.
ebrown p

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 08:56 am
@engineer,
When I was single, I would always subtract 7 years to my real guess when asked to estimate a woman's age.

Now I add 7 years.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 09:39 am
@christina marie,
christina marie wrote:

While I don't believe this says anything at all about christina's appearance, I do feel it says volumes about christina in other ways.

She expects men to lie to her
She expects men to cheat on her
She expects men to be afraid of the hell she will make a man's life at the slightest provocation
She wants an answer that's a one size fits all blanket statement, we no regard to the fact men (and women) are all individuals

Yes christina, every single man will lie to you about even noticing that members of the opposite sex even exist, because you are jealous, possessive and insecure. He has no choice, as saying otherwise will cause you to accuse him of cheating. Then again, when he lies, you'll accuse him of lying and cheating.

I think a better question would be to ask yourself why you would test someone by asking what they think of another persons appearance.

christina, our appearance is such a small part of who we are.
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 11:12 am
@ebrown p,
It wasn't Christina quote you dummy!!
chai2

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 11:20 am
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

It wasn't Christina quote you dummy!!

but you were commenting on christina's quote, silly head.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 11:25 am
@ebrown p,
At least you are being honest here!

A smart man does this - because he knows it will save his a$$.
Linkat

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 11:27 am
@CoastalRat,
And your wife completely knew you were lying. But she enjoyed the comment and figured she would use it in her favor when she needed - thus the expensive dress - and you in turn realized it would be in your best interest to allow this expensive as punishment for misbehaviour.
ebrown p

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 11:48 am
@Linkat,
I sometimes wonder why women never lie to men.
chai2

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 12:17 pm
@ebrown p,
You're lying. You never wonder that.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 12:24 pm
@ebrown p,
Thats right we never lie....

men will believe anything...
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 12:41 pm
@Linkat,
Absolutely. My point for Christina is that men will indeed lie to keep the peace. Just because we are in a relationship with someone does not mean that special someone has a right to know every passing thought that crosses our minds. We have learned through many years of evolution that it is often better to fudge the truth and keep the peace than it is to tell the truth and create an argument where there is no reason to have one.

So yeah Christina, men may lie about something like that to keep from being accused of cheating, whether they really are cheating or not. The trick is figuring out if they are lying to keep from being accused of something they are innocent of, or if they are lying to keep from being accused of something they are guilty of. Wink
Debra Law

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 02:33 pm
This thread got me thinking. My husband owns and operates a store. I notice that he gets an extra bounce in his step as he rushes to assist attractive female customers. Should I be concerned?
Linkat

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 02:59 pm
@CoastalRat,
And if you have a good solid relationship - you will know he is only keeping the peace.
0 Replies