Our Toughest President...Here's The Proof

glitterbag

Reply Fri 1 May, 2009 08:14 pm
We can all run around screaming the sky is falling or liberals should be eliminated or conservatives run out of the country, doesn't help anything. There is a huge number of people working in the Armed Services, State Department, Intelligence Community who are watching all these targets carefully to guard against any exploitation by foreign unfriendlies. These people are professionals, have spent much more time than a college semester learning the culture of the targets, and are much more apolitical in their research than any politician out there. Or than any fear mongering media supposed expert. I am not saying that nothing ever gets missed, but it takes a while for a "government" to mount an offensive and we have many tools at our disposal. Controlling terrorists is a lot harder, and the public rarely hears about plots foiled by FBI or other organizations. By the way, this has been going on way before 9/11....don't ever forget the impact of WWII and Korea on this country. No one wants foreign troops on America's doorstep, despite whatever ravings come out of Rush Limbaugh's flabby mouth. Foreign invaders won't care if you are a Republican, Independent, or Democrat...their goal will to be rulers of everything.

But I am comfortable with the knowledge that there are professionals out there watching and waiting and ready to inform leadership at the first inkling of bad intentions coming from unfriendlies.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 12:49 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
just saying that what's happening now is the result of our earlier actions...

So what?

What was the point of just saying?

How do you think that fact influences our decision making today?

Quote:
I don't give a ****.

Fine.

I bet you will at some point, but I have to wonder if we can count on you to be on the front lines when the nation is at risk.

It's way cool, within your circle of friends and associates, to bellow about how fucked up America is. I bet your audiences cheer like chimps when you make anti-Bush and pro-Obama comments between sets.

Chances are pretty good that when push comes to shove we can expect BiPo to be at the barricades, but for now it's so cool to not give a **** and to **** America. For a middle age bar band leader, being cool is all.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 09:18 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Chances are pretty good that when push comes to shove we can expect BiPo to be at the barricades, but for now it's so cool to not give a **** and to **** America. For a middle age bar band leader, being cool is all.

It's not like you give a **** either, John. Just the other day, you let slip your plan to abandon the country when we raise taxes on you. Real patriotic. But, I guess it's popular for middle-aged Conservatives to say stuff like that these days. Gets a lot of hoots from your asshole friends and slaps on the back at the local Tea Party.

Cycloptichorn
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 09:29 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
But I am comfortable with the knowledge that there are professionals out there watching and waiting and ready to inform leadership at the first inkling of bad intentions coming from unfriendlies

Considering the Bungling that the CIA has done over my lifetime I find your confidence jarring. Considering the national security establishments' failure to prevent our invasion of Iraq and then after its failure to guide the politicians into competent occupation I find your confidence out of touch with reality (fantasy).
mysteryman

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 10:08 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Considering the national security establishments' failure to prevent our invasion of Iraq

You apparently have no idea what you are talking about, do you?
The various parts of our national security establishment (NSA,CIA, FBI, Defense intelligence,etc) are not tasked with (that means its not their job) the job of stopping the US from invading other countries.
Their job is to observ, monitor, and report on threats to the US.
Their job is to be on the lookout for people who plan to attack the US.

So they didnt fail at their job, because it wasnt their job.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 10:10 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Quote:
Considering the national security establishments' failure to prevent our invasion of Iraq

You apparently have no idea what you are talking about, do you?
The various parts of our national security establishment (NSA,CIA, FBI, Defense intelligence,etc) are not tasked with (that means its not their job) the job of stopping the US from invading other countries.
Their job is to observ, monitor, and report on threats to the US.
Their job is to be on the lookout for people who plan to attack the US.

So they didnt fail at their job, because it wasnt their job.

They coulda said 'jeez, guys, this will heavily increased the numbers who are looking to attack us. Maybe we should think about this a minute.' But they didn't.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 01:04 pm
A few of you deluded folks seem to thing the intell community has an over-ride capability on the former Vice President and his chicken hawk friends. Since I was a member of that community for 32 years I might possibly know a little more than you do. I suppose you have forgotten the reduction in force of the intell community that started while Reagan was President. Once the wall came down in Germany many Americans thought we no longer had enemies.

By the time 9/11 occured, the number of analysts across the board was cut by one third. Congress and the Executive Branch thought that work could be done by satellites and other machinery. No one consided the fact that you need analysts to interpret the info gleaned by that equipment. If you think those leaders were right to rely on unsupervised surveillance, than maybe you can reduce the number of policemen in your area and instead, let the satellites do their job. You can vacuum the air for intelligence, but if you don't have a warm body reviewing the material, you are freeped.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 01:17 pm
@glitterbag,
my wife being in military intel I know that what you say is true...it does not however take away from the point that there was a complete lack of competent leadership in the intel community all during the bush years, and actually long before that as well. lack of effective oversight from Congress, lack of good leadership from the Bush admin, lack of good staffing from the Bush admin, lack of Constitutional opinions from the judicial branch, lack of caring about the problem from the citizens. It was a collective failure to be sure.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 07:45 am
I would argue that there was a complete lack of competent leadership in EVERY facet of the bush administration for 8 years... Wink
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 08:22 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
It's not like you give a **** either, John. Just the other day, you let slip your plan to abandon the country when we raise taxes on you. Real patriotic. But, I guess it's popular for middle-aged Conservatives to say stuff like that these days. Gets a lot of hoots from your asshole friends and slaps on the back at the local Tea Party.

and wave and shout "secede!! secede!!"and then hit up washington more more big cash like that fool rick perry just did.

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 06:27 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

I'm sure O boy would out-smell me!

and you would out-stink him. Do try to keep up with the english language.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 09:10 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
**** you Clarence.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 09:14 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,

Let me put it another way, OK.

I smell like all things wonderful when compared to the wretched stench that envelopes Obama and those that support him.

BO is not cool.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 09:16 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Since I was a member of that community for 32 years I might possibly know a little more than you do.

Your comments and opinions may be 100% accurate glitterbag, but surely you appreciate the asburdity of an internet poster known only as "glitterbag" attempting to assert some sort of authority based on his own assertions?

Anyone in this forum can lay claims to all sorts of personal histories --- and many do.

Some relay the truth; others pure bullshite.

No one, but you, is in a position to determine whether your claims is true or false, so please spare us the posturing.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 09:52 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
I'm more than happy to consider seceding, and fully appreciate that any state that secedes can't have it both ways.

Until we secede though, why should we not get our fair share?

Texans pay federal taxes. Because we don't agree with the political agenda of the current federal administration we are supposed to simply allow all that we have paid to flow to Vermont, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts et al, and not seek any of it in return?

You don't seem to realize that the federal government is not a true business. It does not generate wealth; it merely commandeers the wealth of others. No matter what Texans and their leaders feel about the federal government they have every legal, moral, and ethical right to seek reimbursement (or reinvestment if you prefer) of the amounts commandeered from Texan citizens.

From an individual standpoint it is the same.

For a group of people who mock and scorn patriotism, it is quite rich to see any of you attempt to use it as a weapon.

I love my country, but I love my family more.

Perhaps you and Cyclo do not - fair enough.

I have worked my ass off to achieve what I have and I appreciate that in many other countries my hard work and talent would not have insured the same results, but this doesn't mean that I am prepared to stand idly by while the fruits of my labors are stolen from me by an overwhelming power, the agenda of which I philosophically oppose.

You and Cyclo enjoy a rare position.

You get to demand that others pay the price for your desires when you know that not a penny will be demanded from yourselves.

You take that position, and as expected, attempt to leverage it into some sort of moral superiority.

"How dare those rich people not be willing to pay for the desires I know that I myself will not have to fund!"

What I am prepared to do or not do in the face of foreign invasion or domestic tyranny is not anything I need to justify to you or Cyclo.

Should the majority of Americans decide, however, that they should fleece me, I will have no problem with finding greener pastures. I have no intention of being a martyr to the communalization of America.

In any case, it is entirely plausible that I might serve a greater purpose by investing the wealth I have protected by moving to Costa Rica in the activities of more courageous and vital Obama-Contras.

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 12:45 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I'm more than happy to consider seceding, and fully appreciate that any state that secedes can't have it both ways.

Until we secede though, why should we not get our fair share?

For a group of people who mock and scorn patriotism, it is quite rich to see any of you attempt to use it as a weapon.

says the secessionist. "we hate you and we're bailin' out. but first we want your money".

what bullshit to come with that crap about what a patriot you are. so i guess your deal is "gee, i love america. but gosh, i hate americans".

I love my country, but I love my family more.

and that has what to do with the price of grits in nashville? have i missed something here? have roving bands of flesh eating liberals arrived at your door; forced you to defile your precious self in any way ? excuse me, please show me how you have been so harmed as to go absolutely bat **** over anything beyond your fuckin' paranoia? please tell me you have something...

Perhaps you and Cyclo do not - fair enough.

i love them enough. but of course people like you think that you have cornered the market on anything even resembling decency. yeah, nothing says "LOVE" like dragging a poor ************ on chains behind a pickup till there's nothing left.

spare me your righteous indignation and from the lips out moral superiority.

I have worked my ass off to achieve what I have

wellll, aren't you special... please. now you're just being silly. you think you're the only one that ever got blisters?

You and Cyclo enjoy a rare position.
You get to demand that others pay the price for your desires when you know that not a penny will be demanded from yourselves.

like what? paying taxes ? you mean like the taxes i pay with out bitching that helped people in galveston after the hurricanes? like the taxes i pay without bitching that are sending you a stim check? the taxes i pay without bitching that are gonna send your boy Dirty Perry the ******* tamaflu doses?

and last but not least, the taxes that i (with no children) to pay to help educate your children?

yeah. i get everything for free. your life is soooo hard.

You take that position, and as expected, attempt to leverage it into some sort of moral superiority.

compared to the crap you throw out there, it doesn't take much leveraging.

"How dare those rich people not be willing to pay for the desires I know that I myself will not have to fund!"

right, boss. like i said, i get everything for free. i only worked myself into 2 heart attacks and quad bypass because Oprah gets really ******* boring when the bon-bons and mimosas run out.

What I am prepared to do or not do in the face of foreign invasion or domestic tyranny is not anything I need to justify to you or Cyclo.

rush yourself to an undislclosed location??

not me buddy. first thing i'm gonna do is get Cyclo on the fon and see if he wants to come down to l.a. and smoke some LSD. maybe catch a barbara streisand concert before meeting up with Tim and Susan for sushi.

jesus ******* crisco. you really are full of your self, aren't you.

Should the majority of Americans decide, however, that they should fleece me, I will have no problem with finding greener pastures. I have no intention of being a martyr to the communalization of America.

hey brother, "love it or leave it". and don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

In any case, it is entirely plausible that I might serve a greater purpose by investing the wealth I have protected by moving to Costa Rica in the activities of more courageous and vital Obama-Contras.

yeah, right. ooohhh. i'm flippin' out man. finn is gonna take his piggy bank and split! dude, what are we gonna do??

i have to wonder. it just seems to me that if I made more than $250 thousand american dollars a year, i'd be doing something far more extravagant than screwin' around with you on the internet. so, like i said; wanna go, please be my guest. we'll get by.

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 12:50 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Quote:
Since I was a member of that community for 32 years I might possibly know a little more than you do.

No one, but you, is in a position to determine whether your claims is true or false, so please spare us the posturing.

beer just shot out my nose and killed the neighbor's dog!!!

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 01:46 am
Finn, you don't seem to realize that Texas gets back more money from the government than it pays. Your wealth does not flow to Vermont or New York or Massachusetts. OUR wealth flows to YOU. Before you leave, get off your duff and pay us back. We're tired of subsidizing you.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 03:12 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Finn, you don't seem to realize that Texas gets back more money from the government than it pays. Your wealth does not flow to Vermont or New York or Massachusetts. OUR wealth flows to YOU. Before you leave, get off your duff and pay us back. We're tired of subsidizing you.

fuckin' a. Laughing
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 09:27 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
An emotional, but moronic response.