What Do You Think Of Humans?

ebrown p

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 09:11 pm
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1597642154209383351

Chumly

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 10:28 pm
@rosborne979,
Sure, the question the becomes (in fact it arguably was the main question all along) by what measure do we decide what is or is not human, and further by what authority is present day man the arbiter of what is or is not human?
candide

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 10:39 pm
HUMANS ARE ****.

Human life isn't sacred, it's cancer.

Look around....stupid, greedy subconscious consumers (people) for miles and miles and miles.

90 % of them don't give a **** about anything except access to there products.

It feels nice and fluffy to pretend we are something special.

CIVILIZATION IS A FAILURE.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 11:18 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

Quote:
What Do You Think Of Humans

I like them. I was thinking just the other day that they're the only thing that make life worth living.

Do thay constitute a significant proportion
of your customers ?
David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 11:20 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I think as a species we're a failure...
and are nearing the same fate as the dinosaurs...near being a relative term

Fundamentally, thay r OK, as long as thay spell foneticly.
David
0 Replies

candide

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 11:48 pm
@candide,
Lets just make a new class of people.

They won't be classed by money, race, ideology, land borders or anything.

And well classify these people as the **** People. We will operate like Nazis. We will clean **** up.

Over population will be cured.
Wellfare will be cured.
WAR WILL BE CURED.... WITH WAR.

WAR IS GOOD. WAR IS MAN. WAR IS ANIMAL. MAN IS ANIMAL
0 Replies

candide

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 11:55 pm
@ebrown p,

this is part of the whole deal MAN
0 Replies

candide

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 12:12 am
@ebrown p,

This is what i'm talking about!!!!!!!!!! **** these retards. THE MOST ENLIGHTENED SHOULD EXTERMINATE THE REST.

0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 12:43 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
aidan wrote:

Quote:

I like them. I was thinking just the other day that they're the only thing that make life worth living.

of your customers ?
David

Yes - and family and friends.

You should come sit in my cafe some day David. It's so interesting and really fun (even when you're the one sweeping the floor and washing the dishes like I am).

Yesterday, my first customers were a biker couple all in leathers and tattoos- the man with his hair white and down to his shoulders (loose, by the way- when I go on a motocycle, I always tie my hair back otherwise it's a rat's nest to try to brush out - but I guess maybe his helmet kept his under control- anyway...) the woman was stouter and bigger than the man - sturdy and servicable and lovely - everything (to me) was 'Thank you my love'- 'Cheers, my darlin'...and then my last customer was this very slim and sleek sophisticated lady who drove her fancy convertible up on the sidewalk so it wouldn't get hit or scraped I guess- she's getting married and wants to book the place for a party the night before. I told her my name - she looked like she'd be someone with a very sophisticated name and I'm always aware that mine is biblical and old fashioned - kind of country sounding - but she says to me, 'Rebecca - that's my favorite name. In fact, that's what I named my only daughter.'
Every day my customers young and old amaze and entertain and embrace me. The other day I had a seven week old baby brought in by her mother and a 102 year old woman brought in for lunch by her niece (the aunt had ham, eggs, and chips- not on our menu-but we make it just for her).
The young people talk to me about their lives and the elderly tell me about theirs.
I should write a book or take oral histories or something (with photographs).

I LOVE people. I think they're amazing and so varied and interesting as well
candide

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 01:20 am
KILL THE SHITPEOPLE!!!!!
OGIONIK

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 01:21 am
@aidan,
i made up this rule a few years ago. its called the 95% rule.

95 % of humans, are completely and utterly stupid. they cant understand simple logic, they dont abide by rules of common sense.

they dont want to learn or care about knowledge, and they succeed because they act like they know what they are talking about and people listen to them because they are cocky/confident, but overly so.

they refuse to admit when they are wrong, and second guessing yourself to me is a sign of thinking twice, which is smart IMO.
and they just dont do that. they fail, at life. but win because of it.

that is all.

humans are stupid, some are great amazing and highly brilliant.

the others need to be thrown into a pit of acid to save this planet.

100% serious.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 01:22 am
@candide,
Who are you?? Any reason we should not know your other a2k identity(s)?
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 01:32 am
@OGIONIK,
Quote:

95 % of humans, are completely and utterly stupid. they cant understand simple logic, they dont abide by rules of common sense.

they dont want to learn or care about knowledge, and they succeed because they act like they know what they are talking about and people listen to them because they are cocky/confident, but overly so.

they refuse to admit when they are wrong, and second guessing yourself to me is a sign of thinking twice, which is smart IMO.

that is all.

100% serious.

In which percentage would you place yourself? Just curious...I think I'd place you in the 5% from what I've read of you, but unfortunately, I think others might do the same thing you're doing and judge your outside by their insides and place you in the 95%.
If you don't want people to do that to you - you shouldn't do that to them.

I think all people start out as precious and full of potential natural resources.
But maybe that's just because I've held a lot of babies- and dealt with a lot of children. It's hard for me to forget then that the person who's acting like an asshole at any given moment - wasn't always that way- and that somewhere in that person is the kernel of the amazing bundle of potential s/he once was.

But I don't like to look with scorn and derision at most everything and everyone around me. Puts me in a bad mood - and it's a beautiful day- so I don't want to be in a bad mood.
candide

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 01:38 am
@OGIONIK,
Good and safe rule. I have often thought about the actual percentage, is it actually 70%, 80%, or 95%.

It's got to be lower then 95% if you think about it.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 01:46 am
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

Quote:
aidan wrote:

Quote:

of your customers ?
David

Yes - and family and friends.

You should come sit in my cafe some day David. It's so interesting and really fun (even when you're the one sweeping the floor and washing the dishes like I am).

Yesterday, my first customers were a biker couple all in leathers and tattoos- the man with his hair white and down to his shoulders (loose, by the way- when I go on a motocycle, I always tie my hair back otherwise it's a rat's nest to try to brush out - but I guess maybe his helmet kept his under control- anyway...) the woman was stouter and bigger than the man - sturdy and servicable and lovely - everything (to me) was 'Thank you my love'- 'Cheers, my darlin'...and then my last customer was this very slim and sleek sophisticated lady who drove her fancy convertible up on the sidewalk so it wouldn't get hit or scraped I guess- she's getting married and wants to book the place for a party the night before. I told her my name - she looked like she'd be someone with a very sophisticated name and I'm always aware that mine is biblical and old fashioned - kind of country sounding - but she says to me, 'Rebecca - that's my favorite name. In fact, that's what I named my only daughter.'
Every day my customers young and old amaze and entertain and embrace me. The other day I had a seven week old baby brought in by her mother and a 102 year old woman brought in for lunch by her niece (the aunt had ham, eggs, and chips- not on our menu-but we make it just for her).
The young people talk to me about their lives and the elderly tell me about theirs.
I should write a book or take oral histories or something (with photographs).

I LOVE people. I think they're amazing and so varied and interesting as well

Yes! Congratulations on having a life that u ENJOY.
That 's a very fine idea about taking oral histories,
with fotografy. U may consider whether to let them PLAN their presentations.

Given a choice between being a restauranteur or an educator: which way 'd u go?
aidan

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 01:54 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Hi David! We're on at the same time! We're having a conversation! Hurray! I'm grinning like an idiot (hey, maybe I'm one of the 95% idiotic population) - but you must be TIRED! It's 3:00 in the morning in NY....

You know - I've had to think long and hard about my purpose with this restaurant. I did feel that I was doing something a little more worthwhile with my life and time teaching and I did love it. But I've come to view this as worthwhile and in some ways much easier and less pressure filled so it's easier to learn about and enjoy the people because there's no other agenda.
I'm not responsible for helping them overcome learning disabilities and learn how to read. I'm not responsible for helping them overcome low self-esteem and past failures, etc., etc.
All I'm responsible for is helping them have a good meal and a good time - and that's something I enjoy doing too.

As the summer comes - I can sit outside with them and enjoy the sunshine and learn about their lives and drink a glass of wine with them. I've decided just to go with it and enjoy this part of my life right now - and sure- I'll return to teaching someday. But this job has helped me really see the good and happy side of most people and realize how much I like them.
And that's been good for me.

You should see some of the faces I see. I'm taking my camera to work starting Monday and doing some portraits and then you can see what I see.

*I just realized today IS Monday - it's my only day off - so it still feels like Sunday. I'm taking my camera to work tomorrow - Tuesday...
OGIONIK

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 02:01 am
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

Quote:

that is all.

100% serious.

In which percentage would you place yourself? Just curious...I think I'd place you in the 5% from what I've read of you, but unfortunately, I think others might do the same thing you're doing and judge your outside by their insides and place you in the 95%.
If you don't want people to do that to you - you shouldn't do that to them.

I think all people start out as precious and full of potential natural resources.
But maybe that's just because I've held a lot of babies- and dealt with a lot of children. It's hard for me to forget then that the person who's acting like an asshole at any given moment - wasn't always that way- and that somewhere in that person is the kernel of the amazing bundle of potential s/he once was.

But I don't like to look with scorn and derision at most everything and everyone around me. Puts me in a bad mood - and it's a beautiful day- so I don't want to be in a bad mood.

i "think". im definitely in the 5%.
aidan

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 02:33 am
@OGIONIK,
Well that's good. So as one of the few 'blessed' with intelligence and common sense and whatnot - unless you just want to be a miserable cuss and whiner and complainer - you better get to work helping the unenlightened become enlightened...or they'll just continue to **** up your world bigtime.

I mean you got like seventy years in front of you...unless you just want to hibernate - get to work- you know?

Or you could go down to Key West or somewhere and buy a boat and charter it for day trips, make just enough to rent a cheap room and eat one meal a day and hang out on the beach drinking beer, don't read any newspapers or watch tv - forget the world and all its problems.
I think about doing that sometimes myself.

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 03:00 am
@aidan,
i dont let the stupid affect me heh.

they puzzle me now. they used to enrage me.
aidan

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 03:20 am
@OGIONIK,
Quote:
i dont let the stupid affect me heh.

they puzzle me now. they used to enrage me.

Pretty soon you'll be loving 'em... Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies