ossobuco

Sat 28 Aug, 2010 07:55 pm
@Ticomaya,
So, hey, Dys....

we need to check this out.

(The one time I tried In N Out burger, ehhhhhh!!)
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Mon 6 Sep, 2010 12:25 pm
Stenopelhabbilis babies love cheeseburgers too!
http://i56.tinypic.com/202tg.jpg
tsarstepan

Wed 8 Sep, 2010 04:37 pm
@tsarstepan,
McDonalds has been voted the WORST burger out of the top 18 fast food chains in the US.

http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2010/09/shocker_mcdonalds_makes_crappi.html?e=grubstreet--20100908#comment_list_bottom
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Wed 13 Oct, 2010 06:28 pm
Quote:
10 great burgers in Boston

Looking for a mouth-watering burger around Boston? You have plenty of options.

Some restaurants, including Craigie on Main (top right) and Back Bay Social Club (bottom right) are turning this favorite into a luxury item, charging around $20 for prime cuts and fancy fixings. Others, like Five Guys (top left) and Tasty Burger (bottom left), are sticking to the traditional method and pricing.

http://www.boston.com/ae/restaurants/gallery/localburgers/
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 28 Oct, 2010 03:28 pm
http://melscountrycafe.com/publishImages/index~~element21.jpg
THe hamburger in the picture exists at Mel's Country Cafe, in Tomball, Texas. The Mega Mel Burger includes 1 1/2 pounds of beef, one pound bacon, held together with skewers.
tsarstepan

Thu 28 Oct, 2010 03:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
Egads! Shocked
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Fri 29 Oct, 2010 01:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
11 patty burger at Five Guys in Marlborough, Mass. (the reveal is at the 0:40 mark ...)

Setanta

Fri 29 Oct, 2010 01:44 pm
The Thurmanator at Thurman Cafe in German Village, Columbus, Ohio, may be the largest burger anywhere. I believe the patty is one pound of burger. I had one once't . . . i took more than half the meal home.
edgarblythe

Fri 29 Oct, 2010 03:06 pm
@Ticomaya,
Where's the vegables? Tmaters n uniuns?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 29 Oct, 2010 03:07 pm
@Setanta,
Only a pound? The burger I posted a few spaces up has 1 1/2.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 29 Oct, 2010 03:08 pm
The Thurmanator was more than i could handle, i'll have to pass on your burger, EB.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 29 Oct, 2010 03:11 pm
That pic i posted doesn't do justice to the meal though--it was served to me on a "blue plate special" style platter, without about a pound or a pound and a half of fries and about a pint of cole slaw. It was murder. I took it home and made a second meal of it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 29 Oct, 2010 03:30 pm
I never tried a Mel burger.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 4 Nov, 2010 07:17 pm
Today I experienced one of the messiest but tastiest burgers in my cheeseburger pilgrimage that one calls life.
The Tuscan burger at BLT Burger.
Medium rare cheeseburger (provolone) with baby spinach, grilled onions, and pesto sauce.

Oh and the Grandma's Treat milkshake was sigh inducingly delicious:
Maker’s Mark whiskey, Caramel, Vanilla Ice Cream

I got to remember to take a photograph of my burger adventures with at least my cellphone camera. Can't hurt trying to prove my case.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 20 Jan, 2011 04:46 pm
A friend recomended A Burger Joint at Le Parker Meridean Hotel in Midtown Manhattan. It's my first NYC speakeasy restaurant. No signs, no ads,etc.
The entrance is in the back of the lobby, the hallway leading to it is partially obscured by a huge red curtain.

Barely lit tiny dining room with attached kitchen.

Great blues and various int. music playing on the stereo.
ossobuco

Thu 20 Jan, 2011 05:45 pm
@tsarstepan,
Sounds quite coy...

How was the burger?
ossobuco

Thu 20 Jan, 2011 05:48 pm
@ossobuco,
Can't remember if I posted on this, but I knew from others the best burger in the Albuquerque area is at the Indigo Crow restaurant in Corrales - but only at lunch time, when I am virtually never there. Years have gone by..

Some pals visited and we went there, and yes, the burgers were great. If only I lived within blocks away..

real meat nice and thick, cooked as requested, good bun not made of balloon bread, some caramelized onions and gorgonzola among the choices. Not expensive.
roger

Thu 20 Jan, 2011 06:35 pm
@ossobuco,
Indigo Crow or Calico Cafe? I'll put it on my to-do list, but Calico Cafe seems like what I heard before.
ossobuco

Thu 20 Jan, 2011 06:39 pm
@roger,
Calico has what I consider ordinary burgers, a patty on a bun, some green chile salsa. Beats the last ones we had at Spinns...

Indigo crow makes burgers with good meat freshly formed. If I remember, you don't like thick burgers, but they would just nod and make yours thinner, per your specs.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 20 Jan, 2011 07:11 pm
@ossobuco,
The delicious burger (ordered with "the works" (lettuce, tomatoes, sliced red onion, ketchup, mayo, and spicy deli mustard) was perfectly cooked at medium rare, between the usual white bread hamburger bun. Good fries.

Didn't like the chocolate brownie: moist, fresh, but mostly flavorless.