mac11

Mon 30 Mar, 2009 02:35 pm
@dyslexia,
I know Thomas is a man of leisure these days, but calling him a vegetable is pretty harsh.
0 Replies

Linkat

Mon 30 Mar, 2009 02:47 pm
@CalamityJane,
Yes - please! Not sure when I will be out that way again.
0 Replies

Linkat

Mon 30 Mar, 2009 02:48 pm
@Butrflynet,
Well the one most likely for me to travel to out of those is CA. I have friends in family in both northern and southern Cal.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Mon 30 Mar, 2009 03:03 pm
@ossobuco,
Now you are making me very hungry!
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Mon 30 Mar, 2009 07:07 pm
@roger,
Okay, I have to admit I have an Anvil meat grinder that will make ground meat and sausage. I buy the best sirloin, top round and chuck roast and grind them up with the largest disc so that the meat is loosely ground. I get the coals on the grill at their hottest and sear the outsides to perfection and move the patties to the side so that I can please everyone that is eating with us. Because I know I have the cleanest equipment, I know I can make a rarer burger than most restaurants. Also, because it is ground with an Anvil (weighs over 100 pounds by the way) I know it is not schmushed and juiceless. I like to cook onions until they are browned but not crisp like the Indians do... and all condiments are OK, but I have to have heirloom tomatoes to really enjoy the burger with some crisp lettuce. Anyone hungry out there?
ossobuco

Mon 30 Mar, 2009 07:26 pm
@Vietnamnurse,
Oh, yeah! That sounds like perfection to me, Vietnamnurse. Hmm, you sound nice and picky, a good thing in my book. Do you use rolls, and if so, what kind?
Vietnamnurse

Mon 30 Mar, 2009 07:47 pm
@ossobuco,
I am very fussy about rolls...they have to be of the right texture. I like both whole wheat and rolls with some ooomph to them if they are of the white bread persuasion. I don't like rolls that dough up into clumps when you put the burger on it! My family is used to me trying out different buns and they have their favorites.
ossobuco

Mon 30 Mar, 2009 08:40 pm
@Vietnamnurse,
I'm odd in that while I eat a fair amount of whole wheat breads, I like them with a lot of graininess, seeds, and so on, not blando sort of gassy whole wheat.. anyway, even my favorite whole wheat I don't like with burgers. Which leaves me looking for white bread rolls that don't collapse on contact. Well, I have one more store to check out on the matter. Mostly I've stopped with buns, and just have a good hearth bread on the side.
0 Replies

Chumly

Tue 31 Mar, 2009 10:20 pm
I have no idea why but this thread is making me hungry.
raprap

Tue 31 Mar, 2009 10:57 pm
the perfect hamburger

a kaiser bun fer sure. a thich slab (1/4") of vidalia onion, mayonaisse with horseradish on one side of the bun, honey mustard on the other, two slices of white russian tomato on two huge leaves of romain lettuce, a quarter pound of fat chuch burned oto a cripse on the outside over a hickory fire and still red in the middle, two big slices of stinky cheese served with a vanilla milkshake, no make that a creamshake, an order of potatos fried in bacon fat, and a whole kosher dill pickle (unsliced).

i can feel my arteries hardenibg just thinking about it. i always thought there oughta be an anti health food restaurant. maybe a chain call it " heartattacks"

rap
Vietnamnurse

Wed 1 Apr, 2009 05:56 am
@Chumly,
Sounds delicious, Chumly, but definitely a cholesterol bomb to the heart!
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Wed 1 Apr, 2009 05:57 am
@raprap,
Sorry, I meant that for raprap!!!
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Wed 1 Apr, 2009 05:58 am
What happened to our avatars? I look like a piranha fish!
msolga

Wed 1 Apr, 2009 06:52 am
@Vietnamnurse,
Laughing You do, rather, VN!

And I don't look at all well! Razz
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Wed 1 Apr, 2009 09:01 am
@raprap,
raprap wrote:
i always thought there oughta be an anti health food restaurant. maybe a chain call it " heartattacks"rap

There is! The "Heart Attack Grill" in Tempe, AZ. http://www.heartattackgrill.com/
Ticomaya

Wed 1 Apr, 2009 02:47 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
raprap wrote:
i always thought there oughta be an anti health food restaurant. maybe a chain call it " heartattacks"rap

There is! The "Heart Attack Grill" in Tempe, AZ. http://www.heartattackgrill.com/

Hey, there's another good hamburger joint in Tempe ... The Chuck Box.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Wed 1 Apr, 2009 02:51 pm
well, thomas is still a vegetable so we will not go for burgers.
0 Replies

misanthrope

Sat 27 Jun, 2009 02:03 am
@ossobuco,
Do you remember exactly where Friars was located? I went there almost every weekend with my grandparents back in the 70s but I cannot find anything about the place on the internet. (My mom can only recall that it was in Santa Monica.)

Thanks in advance!
Bi-Polar Bear

Sat 27 Jun, 2009 05:35 am
Texas Tavern in Lynchburg, Va. The Cheesey Western. A flat grilled burger on a grill that has only been scraped in 40 years... covered with an egg fried on the same grill... covered with a hot dog type relish and slices of onion. Must be eaten with their chili, also with relish and onion. And a cold Dr. Pepper.

Now you're talking. A delight to the senses, the bane of one's heart and colon.
Sturgis

Sat 27 Jun, 2009 06:10 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I will take the Dr.Pepper. Who inn their right mind puts an egg on a burger?