Bi-Polar Bear

Sat 27 Jun, 2009 06:19 am
@Sturgis,
How would you know if you've never tried it? And everyone from the street bum to the mayor does it in the 'Burg. these guys have been in business since I was a pup.
Sturgis

Sat 27 Jun, 2009 06:34 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I know all and see all. Wait that was the wizard of Oz...

I can't understand why any one included you would sacrifice the delicious taste of a medium rare burger with the slop of eggs. And the relish thing is strange as well. And are the eggs scrambled, poached or sunny side up? I feel nausea setting on just thinking about eggs. That poor poor egg sent slithering down to the stomach and intestines strangled by an egg. Oh the lack of humanity! What next, mustard on the noble burger?

I believe in burgers being served the proper way with cheese, bacon and 2 types of onions-raw and sauteed and the burger should be medium rare (or on some special occasions just flat out rare).

Eggs? On a burger? Remind me not to have you become my personal chef.
dyslexia

Sat 27 Jun, 2009 06:40 am
@Sturgis,
Quote:
What next, mustard on the noble burger?

You sir, are a barbarian, there is no such critter as a mustard-less burger.
Bi-Polar Bear

Sat 27 Jun, 2009 06:42 am
I forgot the Cheesey Western also has cheese. Some people have a narrower palate than others I suppose...and lack the adventurousness to try something new.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Sat 27 Jun, 2009 06:44 am
@dyslexia,
Yesterday the Lady Diane and meself went to the burger joint (Spinns) the Lady had a chicken salad with a rootbeer float and I had a tejas chili-dog smothered with chopped onions.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Sat 27 Jun, 2009 12:13 pm
I just finished a blackened burger...no bun. It was great just as is with the seasoning...
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Wed 4 Nov, 2009 05:24 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Quote:
What next, mustard on the noble burger?

You sir, are a barbarian, there is no such critter as a mustard-less burger.

I wholeheartedly concur with your proper assessment. I always have mustard on my burgers. A delicious condimental along side pickles and a couple slices of tomato necessity.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Wed 4 Nov, 2009 05:43 pm
My favorite burgers come from The Shake Shack, The Stand Burger, and BLT Burger.
http://i37.tinypic.com/9l8hvm.jpg

I love the shack stack from The Shake Shack. My favorite traditional burger comes from The Stand.

And BLT Burger has the greatest milkshake in their spiked milkshakes...
The All Nighter: kahlua, bailey’s, espresso, coffee ice cream. 11.00
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Fri 6 Nov, 2009 09:15 am
Great news for residents of the NOW great city of Miami!:
http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2009/11/shake_shack_expands_beyond_new.html?e=grubstreet--20091105

Quote:
First, Daniel Boulud announced plans for London and now ... Shake Shack Miami! There’s been zilch sign of progress at the Nolita location of Shake Shack and still no opening time frame beyond 2010, but Danny Meyer has just announced that in the spring or summer of next year he’ll open the first non"New York Shack at 1111 Lincoln Road, a swank retail-residential project from developer Robert Wennett and architects Herzog and De Meuron. A press release informs us that the new Shack will be an indoor-outdoor affair featuring “lush water gardens” and 50-year-old oak trees, and one imagines it’ll be the first of others around the country. Also on the subject of burger expansion " the other day we rang up Whataburger on a whim, and yeah, they have no plans to come here. Come on, all you In-N-Outs and Smashburgers and Culver's " get to New York while the gettin’ is good

Read more: Shake Shack Expands Beyond New York, Takes Miami -- Grub Street New York

NickFun

Fri 6 Nov, 2009 12:31 pm
I went to The Habit last night. Probably one of the best burgers in California. Though nothing will beat the one I had in North Dakota in the 80's.
tsarstepan

Fri 6 Nov, 2009 12:40 pm
@NickFun,
How do you like your hamburger cooked? Medium rare through well done?

For me, medium rare is perfect!
NickFun

Fri 6 Nov, 2009 12:45 pm
@tsarstepan,
I also prefer medium rare. Make sure there fresh onions! And some mushrooms and I'm in heaven.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Fri 6 Nov, 2009 01:00 pm
@tsarstepan,
rare, dripping blood/grease down my sleeve.
tsarstepan

Fri 6 Nov, 2009 01:03 pm
@dyslexia,
Stop... it... the temptation of that image ... Wink ... I can't afford to go for decent burger these days.

I don't understand the paranoia that drives people to have their burgers on the charcoal side of well done. Mad
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Fri 4 Dec, 2009 09:00 pm
Good news for Shake Shack fanatics (on this site... I guess it's only me... <<sigh>>):
Quote:
Flatiron: Through February, Shake Shack will take phone orders for takeout from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and will close at 9 p.m. You can sit under the heat lamps, too. [Grub Street]

http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2009/12/champagne_and_hot_dogs_dinner.html?e=grubstreet--20091204#ixzz0YmOEJpIk

Keep in mind that the Madison Square Park location only has outdoor seating.
0 Replies

NickFun

Sat 5 Dec, 2009 01:21 pm
I had a friend over last week who grilled us up some burgers that were probably the best I have ever had. He would not reveal his secret.
tsarstepan

Sat 5 Dec, 2009 01:25 pm
@NickFun,
Hopefully, he's not infringing on McDonald's patented Big Mac secret sauce. Wink
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 5 Dec, 2009 01:28 pm
My burger meat gots to be well done, but juicy. Lots of onions, tamaters, pickles optional, mayo, mustard, sometimes lettuce, big fluffy bun with seeds. American Cheese optional.
tsarstepan

Sat 5 Dec, 2009 01:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

My burger meat gots to be well done, but juicy.

So, how long have you been a heinous blasphemer? Razz
JPB

Sat 5 Dec, 2009 01:58 pm
GQs The 20 Hamburgers You Must Eat Before You Die