I cheated once!!

vikorr

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 02:02 pm
@aidan,
Quote:
It's funny the lies you ascribe to women - as if certain sorts of lies are more gender specific. I wonder though - do you think a woman is more apt to lie about how much she's spent on her manicure than a man is to lie about how much he spent on how many pints at the pub?

Hi Aidan, I think you missed the structure of the reply, which is in reply to, and reflects the structure of this quote of yours :

Quote:
And if it's okay for you to lie to her - you better accept that it's okay for her to lie to you - about ANYTHING....right?

Quote:
And if it's okay for you to lie to her - (even a small lie?)

...you better accept that it's okay for her to lie to you - about ANYTHING....right? (then except lies from her on anything)

Now obviously, after you've further clarified, you don't include 'small' lies in your statement. The question then becomes 'where do you draw the line'?

Quote:
Just say for goodness sake - 'I slipped, I fucked up'...or even 'I did this because I felt like it'. Give the partner the opportunity to know who you really are and who she's marrying.
I don't think anyone can reasonably expect perfection from anyone. Maybe she's lived enough to realize that.

You said earlier that you didn't understand something I said (you bolded it)...relates to this - the relationship may be important to you, and you may fear losing it. I agree that it's the partners right to know, just as I understand why people don't say what you suggest.
0 Replies