Can you FEEL high blood pressure?

Shirakawasuna

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 02:31 am
Yep! A diuretic increases urine production and will essentially dehydrate you. Less fluids in the blood -> lower blood pressure.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 07:39 am
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

Wouldn't taking a daily diuretic dehydrate you?

hmmm...I wouldn't exactly use the term dehydrate.

What a diuretic does, suprisingly enough, is cause diuresis
Rolling Eyes

A diuretic is not perscribed unless there is a need for one. Meaning one is experiencing edema, your body retaining too much fluid.

I take a diruetic. If I forget one day, my hands, feet, ankles etc get swollen. My cells are retaining too much fluid. Clothes get tight. When I forget to take it, and take it the next day, I will literally drop 3 pounds throughout the day. When I first started it, I dropped about 6 pounds of fluid in the first few days, and felt much better.
The diuretic I take does most of its work in the first 3 hours, which means frequent trips to the bathroom. I also take a potassium supplement because you will also expell that when urinating.

Drinking plenty of water is important. If you don't need a diuretic, but occassionally feel bloated, drinking more will actually help, as it encourages your kidneys to work.

As far as foods, coffee is a good example of a diuretic.

When you urinate after taking a diuretic, your urine has absolutely no color, your kidneys are expelling mostly water.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 10:03 am
Funny that The Today Show this morning had a report on salt intake in America. A high percentage of the population eat too much salt. Restricting salt means less than 2/3 of a teaspoon. It's tough if one buys any prepared food, including canned soups, as they tend to add way too much salt. One of the worst offenders are the frozen prepared meals like Bertolli's pasta dishes, way over 50% of daily salt which I assume is an average daily requirement. Not that plain salt is a requirement -- there's natural salt in a lot of unprocessed foods.

I didn't notice anything about my HBP but it wasn't in the hypertension range. Nevertheless, my doctor gave me one, then two, now three different medications and I'm down in the normal range even if I occasionally overdo the salt. The medication I did feel at first in some dizziness and sleepiness but that went away.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 07:06 pm
My doc made an appointment for me for my annual check up last month, and my BP was pretty high so she prescribed another med for it called Lisinopril 20MG. She told me that as we get older, our blood vessels are not as pliable and also collect plaque, and our BP goes up. I've also been taking hydrochlorothiazide for a few years, but I don't feel any changes to my liquid intake or visits to the toilet. I take my BP almost every day, and the average count since I started taking Lisinopril is 132/81.

My doc recommended more excercise.
Lightwizard

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 08:44 am
@cicerone imposter,
I had been taking Lisinopril 20MG and Atenol in the morning. Adding the 4 mg. of Cardura at night works much the same as Flomax and additionally lowered my BP to the 68 - 125 average range. No particular side effects noticed but I do sleep a lot better as the Cardura relaxes the muscles around the bladder and you don't get up to do number one except may once of twice. I've done that since I was, well, as far back as I can remember. Before the radiation treatment it was really disturbing my sleep -- I'd get up for the bathroom six to eight times at night and during the day. That's now subsided considerably.

Deep breathing exercise and just some light dumbbell exercise, and calisthenics or a brisk walk will help.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 10:41 am
@Lightwizard,
Yeah, that's what I was doing; getting up about a half dozen times to go pee at night. It's back to normal now; once or twice. How about your proctitis? I still bleed occasionally, but the incidents are fewer.
Lightwizard

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 01:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No bleeding -- I'm getting a new PSA test next week (although they aren't entirely accurate).
drillersmum85

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2018 01:33 am
@littlek,
6th March, 2018. Just took a 'home reading' using a reputable bp monitor and it was 166/69. Yesterday at the docs it was high but I neglected to ask for details, normally I ask. I'd like to know what that reading of mine indicates.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2018 10:30 am
@Lightwizard,
My wife took me off high blood pressure med, because my bp was normal, but my Hp has been creeping up again. She takes my bp about once every week, and I let her manage my meds.
0 Replies

pillockchimps

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2018 05:05 am
@littlek,
When blood pressure hits, its feel like headache or nervousness, sweating, difficulty sleeping or facial flushing.
Its better to seek medical attention or doctor without wait.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2018 10:15 am
@pillockchimps,
No. My wife measures my bp frequently, because it's on the high side, but I don't feel any different when the bp drops.
0 Replies

TomSterling

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2018 12:08 am
@littlek,
I can feel Low BP sometimes.
Dubaicosmetic01

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2018 12:20 am
There are some symptoms of high blood pressure that you can feel
Increased thirst.
Headaches.
Trouble concentrating.
Blurred vision.
Frequent peeing.
Fatigue (weak, tired feeling)
Weight loss.
Blood sugar more than 180 mg/dL.
0 Replies

lisa611

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 04:39 am
@littlek,
No, you cannot feel high BP. But you can definitely make out that BP is high with its symptoms. Usually, an intense headache is signal of high BP. Even if you take painkiller it won't go off. Whereas in low BP people faint. I would say the weather is high or low BP keep an eye on that. Both are dangerous. I know the natural remedy to cure it, both for high and low BP. Hope this may help…

High BP

In case of High BP start taking 2 tbsp organic lemon juice with 10 tbsp water. Consumer this within intervals of 20 mins. Till you get the result.

Low BP

People who are suffering from low BP must consume coffee whenever they are feeling dizziness. Its best remedy for low BP patient.

I am sure these remedies gonna help many of you. Do let me know your experiences.
jespah

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 05:02 am
@lisa611,
https://able2know.org/about/tos/#3c
0 Replies

foothillanesthesia

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 05:48 am
@littlek,
Medicine is looking at the closer values of systolic.diastolic numbers rather than just the highness and lowness of these numbers.
0 Replies

sumita12sofat

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 01:25 am
@littlek,
no
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2019 02:09 pm
@TomSterling,
When you feel low BP, do you feel dizzy or faint?
0 Replies

profilehair01

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2019 01:43 am
@littlek,
High blood pressure causes anger because it heats up your body leading to high temper. People who suffers from High blood pressure can feel it on their own.
0 Replies

manishsharma12

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2019 06:00 am
@littlek,
You can have high blood pressure and experience no obvious symptoms until you experience a stroke or heart attack. In some people, severe high blood pressure can result in nosebleeds, headaches, or dizziness. Because hypertension can sneak up on you, it's especially important to monitor your blood pressure regularly.
0 Replies