Memories of 21, 42, 63 ... the 84th meandering

Stradee

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 05:05 pm
@High Seas,
Shocked ... a word without a zillion sylables??? Hurray! Very Happy

Their 'blobness' (and NASA) are quite amazing w/ Hubble photos as well.

To the Enterprise..."Beam me aboard, Scotty". Smile

http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=583091674
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 05:40 pm
@danon5,
clicked

<honk>

clicked

<schneeze>

clicked
danon5

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 06:26 pm
@ehBeth,
Oh my, ehBeth - that doesn't sound very good. Maybe better send the puppies out on their own for dog walks. Snuggle up in a good blankey and keep toesies warm. Drink Green Tea with a tiny (to taste) bit of ginger in it.

Oh, and there's always Chicken Noodle Soup.

My goodness HofT - those are great photos. I love looking at that.

Clicked
danon5

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 06:16 pm
@danon5,
Ahhh, it's Wed day - that somehow brings back memories - Hmmmmm. Oh well, it's another day.

Yeah, but, the Wildclickers saved yet another tree and that means a lot!!!!!!!!

Stradee

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 09:01 pm
@danon5,
Beth, are we not receiving team stats from Care2 any longer???

Hope you're feeling better soon. Darned colds are going around...best to stay home cuddled on the couch with puppies and Set.

Dan ~ Yep, we did save more trees today and that's a very good thing.

Damn it's cold! Rain stopped and a freezing fog arrived. brrr

Keep warm wildclickers

danon5

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 06:27 pm
@Stradee,
All clicked and ready to save another tree.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 08:14 pm
@danon5,
clicked

sneezed

clicked

found another box of kleenex

clicked

sneezed

found lotion for my sore pink nose (this was all I need after that attack on my nose by the sleet last week!)

~~~

Stradee, they're not providing the team stats the way they used. It seems I could go to everyone's accounts Confused and collect the numbers one by one Evil or Very Mad - I have to see if there's some easy way to do it - haven't figgered it out yet.
Stradee

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 09:33 pm
@ehBeth,
aww, your poor face!

Sending 100% Organic Aloe for nose redness. Not fun when colds attack.

Care2 should be making it a tad easier for teams who've been clicking for the past 8 years (or more) to pick up stats. Is the problem their change of programming? shoot

Hang in there Beth, and heal first. If there's anything the wildclickers can do to speed the Care2 process, please let us know.

Dan, and all ~ have a good evening.

0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 09:33 pm
@ehBeth,
aww, your poor face!

Sending 100% Organic Aloe for nose redness. Not fun when colds attack.

Care2 should be making it a tad easier for teams who've been clicking for the past 8 years (or more) to pick up stats. Is the problem their change of programming? shoot

Hang in there Beth, and heal first. If there's anything the wildclickers can do to speed the Care2 process, please let us know.

Dan, and all ~ have a good evening.

danon5

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 09:27 am
@Stradee,
Stradee, it's my suspicion that the stopping of the "Race for the Rain Forest" was a direct result of lack of participation by members of the Care2 site which is sponsored by The Nature Conservancy people. The Care2 site advertises over 12,000,000 members. There were approx 3,000,000 or so when we started as a Wildclicker team years ago. I have looked at the numbers of Rain Forest acreage shown on the site each time I click and noted the advances. We, that is all Care2 members who click for Rain Forest, are saving an average of 1.53 acres per day. That's 66,791.998 square feet per day. Divide that by the 7.4 square feet saved by each click and there are 9,025.94 people per day clicking. Of the total number of members in Care2 - that is only .00075 per cent of all members available to click. Not good. I've seen the support by members of all the other categories of clickable (is that a word?) items - the Rain Forest is by far the least supported. Since the people at Care2 are in business - it stands to reason that they will not be so active in supporting the least popular category. Sad, but we are in a minority.

I'm still clicking though and won't stop till they pry my dead fingers off these keys. Grin

An acre and a half saved each day isn't bad. It's a good thing.

If no one is interested in starting a new thread - I'll come up with something by the time we reach page 84 (which is a balance of coordination of sorts I guess)

Stradee

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 10:28 am
@danon5,
That's a sad bit of news and i'm surprised that the rainforest clicking page is less utilized than all the rest. The other issues are a direct link to preservation of all the forests and wildlands of the world too.

Course, that doesn't mean that people arn't working to save habitat...they just arn't clicking at Care2. We'll keep getting the word to people though.

Thanks for the explaination all you do for the Wildclickers. Smile

0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 12:59 pm
@Stradee,
Friends:
Besides honking, sneezing, eyes watery and nose running, I have a swollen gland! Thought I had the mumps! Out of the blue! I also lost a member of my family last Sunday. She was buried yesterday for relatives to get here. Now it's snowing to beat the band! This is a good oatmeal and chili day! If the coast has this much snow, inland must be a real bummer! I'm finished all the shopping, I'm going to do, so I'll rejoin you! Saw all the pretty choo-choo trains, a toy I craved for as a child, but trains were for boys. Never got a B-B Gun either.

"It'll put your eye out", my Mom always said. Everytime I see "A Christmas Story", I see my childhood played out, sans the snow! First snow fall here and it's lovely and fluffy dry. Great skiing snow! Stay warm, drink the egg nog/cider/tea/coffee or hot lemon water. It's ALL good for you! All clicked and my throat is much better. Thanks, Levaquin!
danon5

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 03:58 pm
@teenyboone,
So sorry to hear about your family member, teeny....... All our Southern sympathies are going out to you and family.

And, your cold!! You and ehBeth are both candidates for Chicken Noodle Soup, a warm blankee and super toe warmers. Keep in and warm and dry and get well soon.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 05:53 pm
@danon5,
Clicked and clicked.

Nose is recovering from losing about 3 layers of skin to sneezes.

We didn't get any of that big weather that went through the U. S. east coast. Sure hope sumac's all right. I think she's right in the two-foot of snow zone.

I hope everyone's had/having a good 4th Advent and is ready to chow down later this week.

Our plans are still up in the air - weather-dependent Wink - I went out on Saturday and bought baby turnips, carrots and yellow yams to have as part of a mighty mash if we end up Christmassing here. Roast chicken quarters, monster mash and veggies. It'll be tasty for sure.
Stradee

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 06:40 pm
@ehBeth,
Glad you and teeny are feeling better and recovering.

Big day will be in the Bay area and am looking forward to the visit...if weather permits also.

Last bit of shopping today, groceries, and kitty fare. Traffic wasn't to bad and neither was parking. Lucked out for sure.

Rain should begin momentarily, dinners prepared (steamed carrots, rosemary ciabatta (toasted) garlic taters) and Bliss choc candies for tv watching. Not a wonder my winter coats a tad larger... (laughing)

Wishing all the wildclickers a warm and snug evening...

danon5

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 07:16 pm
@Stradee,
ehBeth and teeny, the common cold is caused by a virus. There are only approx 375 different cold viruses. The good news is that once you get a particular cold from the virus that causes it you will never get that same cold again!!!!! So, all you have to do is have one cold per year for approx 375 years and you will never have another cold for as long as you live............. LOL

All clicked.
danon5

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 06:33 pm
@danon5,
Here's wishing everyone who clicks for Rain Forest a very Happy and Prosperous Winter. Stay warm and healthy.
Clicked
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 07:44 pm
@danon5,
Do these happy feetsies ever get a cold??? wondering

NG's pics awsome!

http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/staticfiles/NGS/Shared/StaticFiles/Photography/Images/POD/p/penguins-underwater-antarctica-052709-ga.jpg

Keep warm, wildclickers ~

ehBeth

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:12 pm
@Stradee,
Eating handfuls of sweet, juicy clementines. Definitely my favourite part of the Christmas season. Love these little orange citrus babies soooooooo much. Keep your chocos - hand me the clementines!

Clicked

(and fought off the evil S. C. (stradee) over in CafeWorld for another night! Laughing
Stradee

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 09:17 pm
@ehBeth,
Laughing

We're a couple of ping pongers...1st 2nd...dizzying...

0 Replies