The 82nd Rainforest Thread ~

Stradee

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 10:26 pm
Welcome all to the 82nd Rainforest Thread!

Today, the talley of rainforest acreage preserved by the number one team in the world - the Aktibirds57 = 65.162 acres.

By simply taking a few moments each day, your clicks are making the difference for rainforest preservation. Each click speaks, your voice are being heard. Won't you please invite your friends and family to join the millions of people throughout the world who click each day for the rainforest and other good causes at the Care2 site.

Just click the link: http://rainforest.care2.com Then register using your own distinct log-in name and password. Each time you visit the site to click, log-in and click the Rainforest button. How does your click save the Rainforest? Corporate sponsors donate funds for each good cause. You'll see the companies listed on each clicking page.

To register for the first time, create your own Distinct Log-in name and Password. Then each time you visit the site to click you simply Log-in and click on the Rainforest button. It's that simple. The site is FREE. If you have a question, we have plenty of answers. FREE.

Click: http://rainforest.care2.com

When you've finished clicking, there is a wonderful group of people dubbed the "WildClickers" who can answer question you may have, or arrange to click for you.

Welcome to the Race for the Rainforest thread!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 92,932 • Replies: 1,870

danon5

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 10:36 pm
Great going Stradee, Nice thread and I have clicked to save another Rain Forest tree somewhere on Earth today.

Yes, another tree is smiling. Very Happy
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 11:14 pm
Thanks Dan! Very Happy

Here are just a few stats found for the new thread number...will do a bit more research tomorrow when i can see the computer.
Me tired.

Interstate 82 - The Northwestern United States

Psalm 82 A psalm of Asaph {enviornmentally - asap} :wink:

82 Queen Restaurant of Charleston

The 82nd Airborne Division {WW11}

Application for Passport by Mail (Renewals Only): DS 82

The Year 82 {no info available} Confused

STS 82 - Second Hubble Service Mission...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 12:00 am
Bookmarking.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 05:22 am
Perhaps more than the number 82 is the winter solstice - or just plain ole winter.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 10:53 am
Hi All ~

msolga, welcome! Kudos! Very Happy http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51564&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

sue, did ya know - The word solstice derives from Latin sol (Sun) and sistere (stand still), Winter Solstice meaning Sun stand still in winter.

The American Hopi Inuit Solstice tradition

Soyal (Zuni and Hopi of North America)

Soyalangwul is the winter solstice ceremony of the Zuni and the Hopitu Shinumu, "The Peaceful Ones", also known as the Hopi Indians. It is held on December 21, the shortest day of the year. The main purpose of the ritual is to ceremonially bring the sun back from its long winter slumber. It also marks the beginning of another cycle of the Wheel of the Year, and is a time for purification. Pahos (prayer sticks) are made prior to the Soyal ceremony, to bless all the community, including their homes, animals, and plants. The kivas (sacred underground ritual chambers) are ritually opened to mark the beginning of the Kachina season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_solstice#Sol_Invictus_Festival_.283rd_century_Roman_Empire.29
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 12:28 pm
I find its widespread celebration, in most cultures, of great interest.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 12:28 pm
Now it's time for me to take a nap, with a bow towards hibernation.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 01:47 pm
Thank you for the new thread, Stradee!

Just got back a while ago from picking the dogs up from the grooomers - they've got to look good for mrs. hamburger - and Bailey needed some tidying up from this summer. He got into some burrs - and I'm not as patient as Setanta. Where he spends hours (sometimes literally) teasing the burrs out from Bailey's undercoat, I pull out the pinking shears Embarrassed

I'm going to try and get some photos before the dogs manage to get themselves unfluffed again Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 01:48 pm
http://dingo.care-mail.com/photos/6/6295a.gif
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 02:00 pm
What they all have in common though is - keeping warm! Mighty cold here also.

Venturing out in the freeze today. Kittens arn't having any or the weather outdoors today though. brrr
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 02:25 pm
Our temps are at, or just above, freezing right now. It's supposed to get a bit warmer and then zoom back down again - with snow for Christmas Eve.

Works for me

=; D

~~~

You and your 300 friends have supported 2,838,713.7 square feet!

~~~

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/gfo/lowres/gfon113l.jpg

~~~

1 aktbird57 1589 65.166 acres

~~~

http://www.theseminal.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/winter_solstice.gif
sumac

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 03:18 pm
Nice, ehBeth. Mine aren't crazy about the outside either. Overcast and barely over 50.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 06:10 pm
Hi ehBeth! Very nice artwork - very funny four seasonings. LOL

Thanks for the stats. Smile

sue, just got home from town and even with the freezing cold, all the parking lots are filled and stores packed with shoppers. Took an hour just to buy food for the cats.

Warm fleece, hot cappuccino, and finally me feets are beginning to thaw.

Today the mini-vacation postponed - new work schedule. I'll be home for Christmas too. Hopefully there'll be snow.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 07:44 pm
Stradee wrote:
Hi All ~

msolga, welcome! Kudos! Very Happy

Thank you, Stradee! Very Happy

Now I need to find out a bit more about this clicking business! Perhaps you should start a Clicking for Beginners thread? :wink:
I will do a little research!
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 07:53 pm
http://www.jacquielawson.com:80/viewcard.asp?code=0263168021
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 07:57 pm
ahhh, Jacquie Lawson - I've never seen this one - fantastic! Thanks, Stradee Very Happy
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 08:53 pm
msolga - it's been a heck of a long time since we talked - How are you doing???? And, I expect after talking with you earlier that we should continue to save at least a tree a day - somewhere around the world.

What do you say???

I say - WELCOME BACK..!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 09:09 pm
danon5 wrote:
msolga - it's been a heck of a long time since we talked - How are you doing???? And, I expect after talking with you earlier that we should continue to save at least a tree a day - somewhere around the world.

What do you say???

I say - WELCOME BACK..!!

Yes, danon, ages & ages & ages ago!

I'm not too bad at all. And you?

Save a tree a day, somewhere around the world?
What a fine idea!

(psst ... say I wanted to save a tree (lots of them, actually!) in Indonesia.
How would I go about doing that? Sorry to be remedial! Embarrassed )
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2007 09:21 pm
Her work is marvelous, isn't it? Smile

msolga, the resident wildcliker expert is our own ehBeth. Believe me, if you have questions about how to join the team, or register at the site, she's the lady with the answers.

Our team members, and those who haven't joined the Aktibirds but still click at the Care2 site are also welcome to begin a Rainforest thread. We are equal opportunity clickers. Very Happy You'll see the reminder from either dannon or ehBeth at a posting when a new thread is suggested.

We are an enviornmental group, with emphasis on saving the rainforests of the world, and welcome articles and comments pertaining to issues of importance. If you've read prior threads, you'll see we also comment on just about everything from the enviornment, to politics, or just stopping by to say 'hi' after we've clicked for the day.

Read the intro to the thread, and you'll see a link to the Care2 site. If you haven't registered at the site yet, i'd begin there. Once you've entered you own distinctive log-in name and password, you'll be able to begin clicking. With the rainforest, there are also other good causes you can click for each day.

ehBeth can give you more information about the team. Very Happy

I must go click now! Dang - so busy today almost forgot!

http://rainforest.care2.com
0 Replies