Memories of 21, 42, 63 ... the 84th meandering

ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 08:29 am
@farmerman,
Hello again farmerman.

I was verra interested in your account of the auction. It's always interesting to hear what's doing well in different areas. I'm very interested in sewing ephemera, but that has become crazy pricey in Eastern Ontario. Wicker sewing stands have sky-rocketed as they seem to have become design essentials. grrrrr. Wait. I should sell the ones I have! Quilts are often sold for less than what you'd pay to rent a moving blanket for a day - the market's pretty much saturated. I'm going to look into the pottery you mentioned.

Spelling isn't marked. Or noted. Or commented on. The editorial board in this group seems to have resigned.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 08:34 am
@Izzie,
Good morning MzIzz, newest WildClicker of the British Isles.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 08:38 am
@teenyboone,
Hi there teeny! Nice to see you on a Sunday morning - even if it is evil time change weekend ... grrrr ....

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 09:00 am
@ehBeth,
Geese?

They're triffids.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 09:22 am
@dlowan,
You don't love the tamarack geese? <sob>

I think they're lovely and they smell so wonderful - piney/greeny/sweetgrassy.
dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 09:23 am
@ehBeth,
Fake triffids are fine.

Triffids that smell good are great.

Offers hanky in alarm...

And they'll still be there after Thanksgiving....

Or is it the turkeys that go to the death camps then?
Stradee

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 09:58 am
@ehBeth,
Beth, i found with a bit of research that the wicker geese may be decoys, only i've got a set of three smaller models - or they could be decoratve.

Thanks for the detailed photo and info. Quite lovely.

Great seeing Wildclickers posting here!

http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=583091674

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 10:03 am
@dlowan,
<hangs head in shame - just returned from pulling turkey breasts from freezer>

<takes hanky>

<honks>

<offers to return hanky>
ul

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 10:13 am
@ehBeth,
There was a reminder in my mailbox--very nice of you, thank you.
Somehow I don't open A2K often any more-- don't really kmow why.

But it is good to read so many of my favorite people here.
I will try to check in more often.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 10:15 am
@ul,
Hello ul!

I'm so glad you took the time to come by. Definitely making me smile to see you here.

I hope it's a wonderful day for coffee and walking in Vienna today.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 03:26 pm
@ehBeth,
OK listen up. Do I now have to go to my Care2 address each day? or will I get a reminder?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 04:34 pm
@farmerman,
Stradee posts the link on this thread each day. I use that as my reminder.

I'll take a look at one of my accounts to see if there's a regular reminder option.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 04:51 pm
@farmerman,
ok
listen up!

you can go to your account at care2 and set it to send you daily reminders (not that I know what they say yet)

upper right - my account
at my account - select notifications
at the bottom of the page when you get to notifications
daily summary / individual email / race for the rainforest
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 05:01 pm
@ehBeth,
thats cool. Do I need to remember my password or will it prompt me. I have so damn many ferschlugginner passwords that I need a pasword minder.

You were saying that quilts are not held in great value up there . Hmmm, the spring "mud sales" are in full swing now and the two kinds of quilts that are really hot are
1 ancient quilts from earlier than the turn of the twentieth century (album, friendship, the bogus "Undergraound railway quilts" (Which I doubt are a real thing) and early AMish Bar quilts)

2 Modern Amish quilts of the star, bar, log cabin, spendi paths, etc. These Amish styles are hot and bring anywhere from 5 to 1000 at AUCTION.
danon5

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 06:40 pm
@farmerman,
Farmerman. Thanks for the info re the begining of the Civil War. I didn't know about that.

My goodness, look at all the great people ehBeth has mustered. Hello all. Hope you all visit us more often - but, especially, thank you all for saving a tree today. There, somewhere on our planet is a tree smiling because the bulldozer passed it by and the fires didn't touch it.

Farmer, I have an attic full of junk and two houses full of junk. Yu wanna by some of it?? (See, we don't care about spelling here)

Just a hint of what I have = an original Cival War saber, more CW stuff including lots of bullets from the Vicksburg fight and other places. (Told you bout the spellin) grin. Some weapons from WWII - both sides. Lot's of quilts - many are over 100 yrs old. Lot's of McCoy stuff. Lot's of USA stuff.

Strangely, I have only a few items from Vietnam. I wish now I had more.

Oh, by the way, as a reminder to click with us is = in your Bookmark or Favorites section - start an item that simply says, "Rain Forest Stuff" - in that site you can store the URL's of the Race for the Rain Forest thread and also our thread here. It's just that easy. It's a good reminder and easily done. I make the site the top one on my list of saved sites - it's so much easier to see.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 06:47 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
This is the 84th wander through the rainforest. We started wandering back at Abuzz, gathered and lost some moss off of our rolling stone.

We've walked through rainforests, toured jungles, climbed high, peered low. Some of our members literally did all of those things over the years. Others of us followed along virtually.

Congratulations, Wildclickers on your 84th wander!
(And you don't even seem the slightest bit tired after such a long journey! Surprised Very Happy )
ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 08:25 pm
@msolga,
G'day msolga.

Good to see you here.

I was going to post this over at the cat-house, but I'll pop it here instead.

Going through my pix, found this pic of one of my auction barn finds. It's a Viennese Secession lamp - I always think that from this angle it looks like a laughing cat

http://images.ladypb298.multiply.com/image/3/photos/11/400x400/1/friendly-lamp.jpg?et=Yrw4ysUQsgL2QjP%2Br33wMw&nmid=216387745
dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 08:28 pm
@ehBeth,
Looks like a VERY odd phallus to me.

Rawther gorgeous, though.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 08:42 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
It's a Viennese Secession lamp - I always think that from this angle it looks like a laughing cat

It does rather, ehBeth. Minus the ears! Very Happy
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 07:40 am
g'day WildClickers

http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=583091674