The 83rd Save Rain Forest Thread

danon5

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 01:46 pm
Do you care to help save our planet? If so - click free to save our habitat. It's fast, easy and we - the Number One team in the world - will help you with all your questions.
Sign up now to join the largest online community of people making a difference in healthy and green living, human rights and animal welfare.
Discover how to live healthy and go green,
Join a lively and supportive community,
Take simple actions to make a better world.
Additionally, we track our team's impact as you click to donate and take action around the site. To date we have, together as a team, saved over 67 Acres of Rain Forest.
Not a member yet? It's easy and free. Sign up at this site - http://rainforest.care2.com
Register using your own distinct log-in name and password. When you've finished clicking, there is a wonderful group of people dubbed the "WildClickers" who can answer any question you may have, or arrange to click for you if you can't for any reason.
Visit us after clicking if you wish at our A2K site for friendly banter and to find out why over 9 million people are members of this extraordinary community. And many who click are teams of clickers who entered in the Race To Save Rain Forest. We "Wildclickers" are serious and are the Number One team. It is sponsored through the Care2 site by the Nature Conservancy - The Nature Conservancy is the world's leading private international conservation group. TNC preserves habitats and species by saving the lands and waters they need to survive. Its 1-million-plus members have helped protect more than 11 million acres of habitat in the United States and nearly 60 million acres in Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Asia and the Pacific.
Thanks for caring.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 37,932 • Replies: 571

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 05:51 pm
@danon5,
Awesome!

Thanks for the shiny new dancefloor, danon.

Clicked for the day after signing a contract for a new job.

Shiny is a good omen.

~~~

The WildClickers have supported 2,919,610.6 square feet!

Marine Wetlands habitat supported: 217,912.3 square feet.

American Prairie habitat supported: 68,401.8 square feet.

Rainforest habitat supported: 2,633,296.5 square feet.

danon5

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 11:06 pm
@ehBeth,
You bet, ehBeth, a shiny thing is a good thing.

My sort of - take-off - of Martha Stewart - one of my favorite people.

Welcome all to the Number One team in the world - "Wildclickers" team.

Join us in helping to preserve our world.

Thanks for looking.

Now, we need five seconds of your life to click for land throughout the world - and, it is free to you - but, it buys lifetimes for the people who are involved in this mess.

Think about it!

Dan

husker

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 11:14 pm
@danon5,
waves - yer steadfast!!!
danon5

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 11:21 pm
@husker,
Husker, long time - no hear from, but, I think of you often. Welcome back and hope you and family are well. Stay for awhile and see what we can do!!

All new-bees are welcome. After all, it is free - only takes a second of your time - and has the possibility of saving the world's most immediate problem -

Extinction.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 07:59 am
@danon5,
Hey there Husker-du!

Husker was a clicker way back in the Abuzz-day - haven't seen him for a while.

I'm at home, waiting for my best friend from high school daze to arrive. We're off to the Royal Winter Fair. I am so excited. Love all the farm stuff - we usually end up picking up stuff for her horses. She's the only person I know who has dogs and horses that come from rescue situations. Love her, love her horses and dogs, and cats and family.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 11:10 am
Great intro, Dan! #83 - Wow

Hi Husker! Hope all is well and welcome back!

Hurray, ehBeth! New job, a trip to the farm, good friends.... Very Happy

Wildclickers, thanks for all you do for saving the planet.

Dan, you're a gem!

http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=583091674
danon5

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 11:35 am
@Stradee,
Thanks all. We're ready to ruuummmbbllee - and save trees.

Look!! There is another tree smiling at the dozer passing it by............
danon5

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 06:24 pm
@danon5,
Since it's vets day - I have a site from one of the units I served in - in Vietnam -

http://www.225observer.blogspot.com/
alex240101

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 10:02 am
@danon5,
Happy belated Veterans Day danon5......and thank you for doing what you did. Freedom is a wonderful thing.

ehBeth. Congratulations on the new job.

Time to tag.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 11:32 am
@danon5,
Thanks for the bloc link, Dan. The reunions must be something....plus viewing Mowhawk restorations and memorabilia from the day.

Amazing

A quote from the Sierra Club newsletter:
Our Future: What's Your Vision?
The historic election of Barack Obama to be our next President offers tremendous opportunity to repower, refuel and rebuild America. From reducing our dependence on foreign oil, to jumpstarting the economy with investments in clean energy, to increasing energy efficiency to save consumers money and fight global warming, change is coming in a big way.

Happy to be part of the team Smile

http://www.225observer.blogspot.com/
Stradee

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 12:05 pm
@Stradee,
whoops and have a good day all ~

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 03:03 pm
@Stradee,
aktbird57 and the WildClickers have supported 2,919,745.1 square feet!

Marine Wetlands habitat supported: 217,949.3 square feet.

American Prairie habitat supported: 68,425.2 square feet.

Rainforest habitat supported: 2,633,370.6 square feet.

~~~~

don't forget to howl at the full moon tomorrow!

~~~~

lotsa fun at the fair yesterday - followed the poultry judges around for a while - admired the guiness record-setting rutabaga! - took photos of potatoes and onions and garlic - got samples of carrots and pears! - went to the horse show, held our breath through the Jolera Power and Speed competition - just an awesome day - today we went to the Chinese supermarket and then picked up Set to go for dim sum - another fine day
danon5

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 10:29 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth, my Canines are growing as we type. Looking forward to another FULL moon.

Actually, I saw one in the back seat of a Buick during the late 1950's. Thank goodness it was not a guy....... Big Assed Grin. I was not in the Buick - RAT'S.......

All clicked.... more trees grinning today!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 11:26 pm
@Stradee,
thank you everyone
danon5

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 12:13 pm
@husker,
Hi all, clicked today.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 05:00 pm
@ehBeth,
wow - sounds like a super day, Beth!

welcome, Husker, and glad you're still with us...

Dan, recall listening to wolf songs at Eagle Lake....amazing

weathers' georgous today! tonight? baying...Very Happy

ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 08:46 pm
@Stradee,
It's been a fabulous week so far, Stradee. Job offer, two days with my best friend, shopping for new clothes for the job. A bit happy making.

A little bit of trivia. Lou Dobbs daughter, Hilary, is an equestrienne of some power - first place in one of the big events, second in the power and speed event we had tickets to. She's only 20 - competing against Olympians - and beating them!

~~~
The WildClickers have supported 2,919,893.2 square feet!

Marine Wetlands habitat supported: 217,993.7 square feet.
American Prairie habitat supported: 68,425.2 square feet.
Rainforest habitat supported: 2,633,474.2 square feet.

Stradee

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 10:20 pm
@ehBeth,
Wow! You've had quite an exciting week! New job, clothes, horse show, visiting with your best friend and plus all the other good stuff - food. Very Happy

Wishing you much success with the new job too!

Hilary will amass points for each event - qualifying for national championships, and if she continues to win, she'll have a good chance of being selected for an Olympic team! How cool is that? Smile
###

Well, tonight there aren't any wolves singing, but there are plenty of coyotes yippin' and barking each time the train rolls through town. They let their presence be known, thankfully.

An update from Defenders regarding Yellowstone wolves:

The adminstration is pushing to declassify wolves from the EDA {again} before they leave office in January.

In the Courts: Last week, we put the Bush/Cheney Administration on notice that that we consider their 11th-hour assault on protections for wolves to be illegal. We are rapidly preparing a full legal challenge.

On the Ground: We’re organizing caring wildlife supporters in the Northern Rockies to attend public hearings, write letters to the editor and more to help save our wolves.

Citizen Comments: Already, Defenders of Wildlife has collected nearly 50,000 comments in opposition to the Bush/Cheney wolf plan, urging the Administration to wait until the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service can develop a balanced, science-based management plan that ensures a lasting future for wolves in Greater Yellowstone and the Northern Rockies. The new plan needs to be reviewed by the public. Rushing the flawed old plan through now will likely mean it will again be challenged in court.

alex240101

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 09:44 am
@Stradee,
Hello everybody.
Stradee, may I ask what sport Hilary competes in? All the same, go Hilary!
On one hand, I have some work to wrap up, on the other hand, I have some fun work outside to wrap up. Calling tails. Flip. Heads. Flip. Heads. Flip. Heads. Flip. Tails. It's tails. Boring can wait until Monday.
Hello husker, nice to meet you officially.
Good day everyone.