What “gay” things do you do now that you are an adult?

Linkat

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 11:17 am
Remember when you were a kid and there were certain things you wouldn’t get caught dead doing? Now that you are an adult you have to do these things. What sort of things do you do know that you would have been caught dead doing as a kid or teenager?

Disclaimer: I do not intend to insult or offend happy, joyful people by using the word “gay”. I am referring to what we used to call doing such things as kids/teenagers.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 12 • Views: 1,426 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 11:24 am
I rolled up my pant legs (and do often) on bad weather days so I don't get the bottoms wet.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 11:36 am
I put up some new drapes and now the whole room looks fabulous.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 11:38 am
Listening to certain types of music...when I was a kid it was pretty much all metal and rap, everything else was gay.
Linkat

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 11:42 am
I speak for my husband - I caught him putting on some rubbers the other day for safe commuting.
djjd62

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 11:47 am
at the age of 46 i have started to wear a hat in the winter
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 11:47 am
I feel much more comfortable holding a woman's purse whilst shopping.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 11:54 am
@Linkat,
<giggle> Bad images from that one, Linkat.

I wear baby cable cardigan sweaters. I haven't gotten myself to actually buying twin-sets. I find seaters and tanks or Ts separately.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 12:02 pm
@Slappy Doo Hoo,
Yeah, but Tori Amos is gay...

Ahem.

Just everything. I used to be cool -- a looooong time ago -- and now I'm not. I've reconnected with some old cool friends on FB and they're still cool and I'm all mommish and exclamation pointy and uncool. Ah well.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 12:22 pm
I now understand those who are fascinated by shoes and have a pair of them for every day of the week. I used to tease my female friends mercilessly for it but, against all odds, I now find myself in their camp.

Also, I now care about the design and general aesthetic of umbrellas. We recently entered the rainy season here and I've made a mental note (though I have yet to act on it) to buy a cool umbrella, with "cool" defined as a big one with a hook at the end, and which I can ostentatiously tuck under my arm or rest on my shoulder when it's not in use. As a kid I used to cringe in sympathy at other kids with silly umbrellas, but f*ck it all now: I WANT A FANCY UMBRELLA.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 12:35 pm
I love to sing "The Flower Duet". It was written as a duet for two sopranos. My nine year old daughter has asked me to stop doing that because it freaks her out.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 01:10 pm
I go to bed early if I'm getting up early the next morning, and I don't always go out Friday and Saturday nights (I would never be caught at home on a weekend in the old days).
George

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 01:15 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
I go to bed early if I'm getting up early the next morning, and I don't always go out Friday and Saturday nights (I would never be caught at home on a weekend in the old days).
Hah! Same here!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 01:20 pm
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/misusing_slang.png
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 01:21 pm

i eat natural yogurt
uurrkk
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 01:27 pm
I actually think about whether that last piece of sausage-and-black-olive pizza will give me heartburn.

Not that I ever let a little heartburn stop me.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 01:59 pm
@Mame,
I actually like to stay in Friday and Saturday nights! Same when I was young - I'd never miss a Friday or Saturday night out.

I remember once in college, my roomate and I began partying a bit early on a Saturday night (or rather afternoon). It was about 7:00 and too early to get caught going out yet [another thing never be caught dead out before 10:00pm], so we sort of put the TV and put our feet up - unfortunately we both fell asleep. We woke at about 1:00am! We were so upset because now it was too late to go out as the clubs ended at 2:00. It was worst night of life in college because I missed another mindless Saturday night of partying and dancing!!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 02:23 pm
I now dress appropriately for the weather - no more thin, short coats or skirts that are cute but you freeze in. No more high heels in the rain. sigh. I was quite stupid at 17.
Linkat

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 02:24 pm
@Mame,
Yes, but it was fun.
Mame

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 02:29 pm
@Linkat,
It was Smile
0 Replies