What “gay” things do you do now that you are an adult?

curtis73

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 03:34 pm
I never really had any of those. When I was young, I was in the 4H sewing club and used to give demonstrations at the state fair. Once you've had your 5th grade classmates come laugh at you while you're winding a bobbin full of #6 poly-rayon thread for an audience of 200, its all kinda relative.

I also grew up in a low-income family, so I always had to wear my sister's hand-me-downs. I went through a long period of wearing red cordorouy pants, gender-questionable blouses, and sneakers with a pink stripe on them.

I wasn't popular. Smile

one thing I said I would never do is be that old person who fails to see the validity in the choices of the younger generation. After all, I was young and I made plenty of good choices. Well, there's a reason old people shake their heads at kids. I'm 35 now and I can't stand immaturity. I have trouble with 22 year olds. I have no problem with setting aside maturity to have fun, but the irrational, illogical, emotional immaturity that some kids have is just grating to me. I have found myself on more than one occasion thinking, "we never did that when I was young." I think it. I don't say it. Smile
0 Replies