Are You Ready For Fantasy Baseball - 2009?

ElStudHoncho

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 12:31 pm
OK..........gird your loins........I have been quietly hiding behind a cactus listening, watching, and taking names. I figger this to be THE season for my Gerbils and Texas Rangers!
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 12:46 pm
@ElStudHoncho,
You might also want to set up a cot in the garage, just in case the first matchup goes really well for you.
ElStudHoncho

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 01:15 pm
@realjohnboy,
Naw..........I'll still let her sleep in the house........
Foxfyre

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 01:34 pm
@ElStudHoncho,
Hmmmph!

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/LindaBee_2008/Doghouse.jpg?t=1238873981
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 10:23 am
I was surprised to see that almost all of us have a player involved in a game today. Even a SP or two.
Alex and Tico each have a player who could play, but those guys are on the BN.
Good luck to everyone.
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 02:05 pm
@realjohnboy,
I have now again placed that player, for the third time, into today's starting lineup. I'm not sure why Yahoo has decided to keep putting him back on my bench.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 02:08 pm
Looks like neither of my pitchers who could pitch today will pitch. If our pitching staff doesn't make the requisite 10 innings, is everybody else nullified too? Or just the pitchers?
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 02:39 pm
@Foxfyre,
The 10 innings thing is over the course of the week, not a day. You and ElStud look to be in as good positions as the rest of us.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 03:08 pm
@realjohnboy,
No that part I understand.

My question is, do my pitchers affect production from any other players? Does their production count even if my pitchers don't make their 10 innings?
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 06:19 pm
@Foxfyre,
George has the SP for Philly tonight. 0-2 in the 1st inning. Ha!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 06:41 pm
@Foxfyre,
I think it's just the pitchers. I've never not made the total... you'll probably get there.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 08:09 pm
@ossobuco,
I checked, foxfyre, and your pitchers weren't slated to play today. That's just the time of the game in line with their names on the yahoo site.. as their team is playing today.

Yahoo will give you a carat (^) by their names if they are pitching. Sometimes yahoo is slow at this, and sometimes it gives you the starters for the week. I never trust it, as things can change, but it is semi reliable.
According to the yahoo carat indicators, Vasquez is pitching on Wednesday, and Jurrgens on (not shown yet)

I also check CBS.com, and after yammering about it, I see they're filling out the week's pitchers now. That too can change, but mostly doesn't.
To be extra safe, see what yahoo shows right before gametime on the day of a game.
This is a link to Monday's games -
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/scoreboard/20090406
Once the games are on, you can follow the play by play by clicking on game center... (if you see this now, you can follow the game tonight.. although it's about over.)

There are some other websites that do this too.

OK, checking the cbs scoreboard link,
Jurrgens is pitching on Tuesday.

Now I want to go look for the site with a gamelog that I liked last year. I had thought it was cbs, may be misremembering, or, they have changed.

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 08:17 pm
@ossobuco,
It may be Kansas City Star's scoreboard that I like to follow the game log on - have to check while games are on.
http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=kansascity2&page=mlb/scores/final/W26936.htm

Another possibility is the NYTimes info, I'll check that out tomorrow.

Just noticed that Bengie did well for San Francisco, that's mah boy. Too bad Pants has him now.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 08:45 pm
Thanks Osso......

Now El Stud & I were talking....do we continue our matchup for the week? When do we change opponents?
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 09:00 pm
@Foxfyre,
You have one opponent per week. Normally, the week is Monday through Sunday. This first week it is Sunday through Sunday.

Also, you will notice real-time stats for your players during the current day. That is only temporary, unless you purchase the stat-tracker product in about 2 weeks or so.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 09:01 pm
@Foxfyre,
The 1st week's games will continue through next Sunday. Then El Stud is matched up with me for week #2 and you, Foxy, will be up against the Mysteryman.
Things are a bit chaotic on Yahoo-more than I recall from prior years-but in another week or so there will develop a rhythm-a slow cadence-that will take us through the summer. That is what baseball is all about.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 09:13 pm
@Ticomaya,
Right - I like the stats and am signing up, but not until just before I have to. I've no use for useless bills.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 08:03 am
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/21/Carnac.jpg

Answer: A big goose egg.

Question: How many wins will Can 'o Corn get this year for saves and holds.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 08:09 am
So, before I went to bed last night me n' the Skinny Pups were all tied up at 5. This morning we are apparently scoreless for the week? I see no stats for Chipper or Werth, both of whom played last night.

What the hell is going on?
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 08:39 am
@Gargamel,
Yahoo must have Opening Day jitters. The computer probably reset the scores as it normally would do on Monday morning. I'm sure it will be fixed later today.
0 Replies