Are You Ready For Fantasy Baseball - 2009?

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 12:45 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

7 players in so far:

Ipswich Stable Hands (George)
JPinMilw (Can of Corn)
Ticomaniacs (Tico)
Albq Owls (Foxfyre)
Boston Skinny Pups (Jespah)
Desert Sandpaws (Osso)
Rappin' Rednecks (Realjohnboy)

5 other folks have expressed an interest in playing.

I see that Tico appears to have set this up exactly as we had it last year with regards to number of teams, starting line up options (e.g. 2 catchers) and 19 scoring categories (Runs, Doubles, etc). Yahoo offers many others to choose from. I don't know if 19 is the max. If anyone has a suggestion of something to add or drop, please post.

Thanks, Tico, for setting this up.
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 01:02 pm
@realjohnboy,
Thanks Tico for setting this up. We'll try not to abuse you any more than any of our other managers. Smile

ElStud is standing by with his Gerbils ONLY IF needed to be the 12th team by draft time. My e-mail is on my profile if you need to alert us that he needs to sign them in. Also if if you need the Owls to withdraw to make room for one of the regulars who wants in.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 01:22 pm
Premiata Forneria M. (M. stands for Marconi) is set.
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 01:39 pm
@fbaezer,
Yeah, you just see the Owls as an easy mark. Well, you haven't seen them with bats.

http://www.best-of-web.com/_images/071002-120711.jpg
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 05:17 pm
Thanks to Tico and to jpin for the previous years.

I'm in as The Lushies but name will most likely change before opening day. See y'all there
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 05:58 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

9 players in so far:

JPinMilw (Can of Corn)
Ticomaniacs (Tico)
Albq Owls (Foxfyre)
Desert Sandpaws (Osso)
Premiata Forneria M (Fbaezer)
Lushies (Pantalones)

Nice to see the couple of mexicans back for another season.

Hurry, hurry, folks. Only 3 slots left if the league is to be 12. There is no time to tarry. Anyone, old or new, is welcome. But you must call now!
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 03:01 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

10 players in so far with 2 slots still to be filled:

JPinMilw (Can of Corn)
Ticomaniacs (Tico)
Albq Owls (Foxfyre)
Desert Sandpaws (Osso)
Premiata Forneria M (Fbaezer)
Lushies (Pantalones)
Geriatric Gerbils (Elstud)

Anyone, old or new, is welcome. But you must call now!
Foxfyre

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 03:27 pm
@realjohnboy,
El Stud signed in under a bit of pressure, but is otherwise under the gun at work today so didn't take time to sign in here. Both he and I are prepared to exit if you have four others who want in.

Note that the AlbqOwls are now the Hoot Owls though.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 03:44 pm
@Foxfyre,
Well, that's a real hoot....
Foxfyre

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 03:47 pm
@ossobuco,
Well yeah, for those who give a hoot. Smile
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 04:42 pm
@Foxfyre,
Easier than giving a honk..
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 04:43 pm
@ossobuco,
Adds, I'm figuring ehBeth will eventually get through the signing in maneuvers, as she's expressed intent.
Foxfyre

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 04:47 pm
I left a message for Alex on Izzie's thread too and also sent him a PM. So we'll see.
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 04:54 pm
@Foxfyre,
Maporsche played last year and did well. He has been gone from A2K for a few days.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 05:12 pm
@realjohnboy,
I remember from an earlier thread that twelve was not set in stone, just that we need an even number and too many could shrink available players. But I'm guessing fourteen might be fine. (I am NOT for Ff and EStud not playing).
Foxfyre

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 05:30 pm
Aw thanks Osso, but if we do run out of room, I really am only doing this to hang out with you guys, and ElStud is only doing it because he did have fun with the fantasy football (though he probably will never admit that.) So I/we wouldn't want one of the regulars to not get a spot because we're here.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 05:40 pm
@ossobuco,
Absolutely correct, Osso. My hope is that 2 more folks will go over to Yahoo and sign up, bringing us to 12. Then, if another 2 players express an interest and if Tico is willing to punch the buttons to expand the league to 14, we will stop there.
My belief, totally without evidence, is that the pool of good players in baseball doesn't fall off as much as it is does in other sports. Some unknown pitcher or hitter will catch on fire and, even if he plays for a mediocre or bad team, can pile up some good stats.
I would like to wrap up putting our league together this weekend. And Foxfyre and Elstud are in.
The draft is a week from tomorrow.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 05:43 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm here. Lurking in the background.

I don't really 'dig' the fantasy games the way I do the regular football adventure, but I'll be around to even up the numbers if needed. I have a strategy, of sorts, planned.

Just in case.
jespah

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 06:31 pm
@ehBeth,
You are more than welcome; I'd love to see major leaguers belly dancing.
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:57 pm
@jespah,
Okay. Ehbeth seems to be lukewarm to joining. This evening I have exchanged PM's with Maporsche who played the same game: sort of interested but...
Those 2 are toying with us. They could well "reluctantly" joining and then end up winning the whole thing.

In the meantime, I once again extend an invite to anyone out there in A2K land who has an interest in playing to so indicate here. One of us will be happy to guide you through the process of joining.