Are You Ready For Fantasy Baseball - 2009?

Pantalones

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 10:59 am
I like it how it is right now, I don't care too much for streaming as the absolute worst move for me is letting go someone who begins to produce after I let go of him, but that's my style as a manager, I could stream pitchers maybe for the weekend games if I see that I need W, IP and K but I choose not to do it and maybe that's why I didn't make it past round 1 of the playoffs.

It's probable that if I had played 2-3 more pitchers last week I would've won and might be still in the fight for the championship. Tico edged me by 5.2 IP, 9 K and we tied in W and I had a comfortable lead in ERA (0.99 difference) but no so much in WHIP (0.16 difference).

Streaming is a good strategy, one that requieres more attention to the game that sometimes we don't have time for. I think I might have used it once or twice but I normally don't use it. I'm in no way against it, I'll have to adapt if I'm ever to win an A2K Yahoo Fantasy Baseball League.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 01:58 pm
@Pantalones,
I went to look at the playoffs this morning and noticed I missed a week playing the Gushies (!!) - I'd figured the Paws were eliminated and forgot there was a followup week. C'est la vie.. but I'll remember next year.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 02:04 pm
@ossobuco,
A variation on "The dog ate my homework." McGentrix and I agreed to play our consolation game, but neither of us has put much effort into it.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 02:34 pm
@realjohnboy,
funny that.

consolation games are kinda silly to me.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 10:25 am
The difference between Ticomaniacs and PFM was a mere 0.02 in ERA (2.66 vs. 2.68), enough for them to squeeze into the final.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 11:06 am
@fbaezer,
That was a squeeker, alright. Good game. I almost gave it away with my horrific pitching yesterday.
fbaezer

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 02:09 pm
@Ticomaya,
All three Premiata-Ticomaniacs matchups were extremely tight this season.
I got the short end this time.

Now I plan to go streaming galore with George & Rhyss for the 3rd place trophy.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 09:22 am
Looks like the Tubas are starting to pull away with it...
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 12:24 pm
@jpinMilwaukee,
The CG/SO has pushed the boat away from the dock, I'm afraid. What chance I had has gone ...
Gargamel

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 12:28 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

The CG/SO has pushed the boat away from the dock, I'm afraid. What chance I had has gone ...

We both know that ain't true. It's close in multiple categories.
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 12:40 pm
@Gargamel,
Nope. The Cinderella story of 2009 has come to a close -- 0-4 to start the season, then not a loss until the 20th week ... all in vain! Oy vey! <tears clothes>
fbaezer

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 02:19 pm
@Ticomaya,
I think "Cinderella" and"Ticomaniacs" are words that don't go together well.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 08:31 am
With utter amazement, I learn this morning that I eeked out a win against The Mighty Tubas. They did indeed appear to be a team destined to annihilate the Ticomaniacs, as they dominated me for the fortnight. With the slimmest of opportunities, my boys ratcheted up and gave it their all for one last day ... and for one day, I was able to manage correctly and bench the right guys.

Great season as always, guys. Congrats to the Tubas and Premiata Forneria M. for finishing in the money.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 09:12 am
A shocker for sure. A special eff you goes out to Chipper Jones, for obvious reasons, and Mike Scosia for sending Torii Hunter to bat a whopping 6 times this week.

But alas, the Ticomaniacs are deserving champs, and even had I prevailed yesterday, they would still have been the team's best league, as Tico straight up owned in most stat categories.

Well done, sir, and thanks for an exciting championship.

See y'all next year.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 10:35 am
My tigers had plenty of chances to clinch the division,...but nooooo, their bats fell silent. Minny has been playing well,...now they are tied for first. Each have one game left,......and,...and they play Each other, tomorrow. Oh baby,....batter up..
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 12:02 pm
Great season, everyone. Next year, the Puppies may very well be microscopic.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 01:07 pm
So Tico squeezed it, again! Congratulations.

Great season, Toobas. Like me, you fell one day short.

Now we must prevent the Ticomaniacs from winning, yet again, in Fantasy Football.
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 04:14 pm
@fbaezer,
fbaezer wrote:
So Tico squeezed it, again! Congratulations.

Great season, Toobas. Like me, you fell one day short.

Now we must prevent the Ticomaniacs from winning, yet again, in Fantasy Football.

Thank you ... but hey, let's not go overboard. I've never won an A2K Fantasy Baseball league before -- unlike yourself!!!

My best finish previously was 2 years ago when the title was stolen from me by someone who shall remain nameless (... but whose initials are F.B.)
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 04:25 pm
@Ticomaya,
fbaezer wrote:

Tico won his match-up in Football this week but he still looks weak. Congrats, though, on the Baseball thing. He is in 12th place out of 14 players.
fbaezer

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2009 11:07 am
Tico, you defeated 2 very strong teams in a row. As a deserving champion, you shouldn't play weakling. Ticomaniacs are always strong, and often prove it. We all know you're one of the most competitive players in all A2K fantasy sports -if not the most-, which is why every matchup against the Ticomaniacs is guaranteed fun .
You confessed that you're trying to build a Dynasty. And you sure are working to do it. Soooooo...
The rest of us must prevent it!